McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Kenobi
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:12 pm

Really expected a lot more from Todd for DC. Disappointing.
dHunter333
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:07 am

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:03 pm
Unmasked Red Hood, white Azrael, masked JL Cyborg for preorder at Walmart. There's also a listing for Energized Superman Unchained.
Can you post a link for the Energized Superman Unchained?
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:13 am

ftw-jedi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:26 am

Gamestop has a HUGE clearance sale right now...

Grodd $8
Drowned $8
John Stewart $8.80
Bizarro $8.80
Injustice Flash $9.60
Unmasked Thomas Wayne $9.60
Superman Red Son $11.84
Damian Wayne $11.99
Death Metal Batman 11.99
Last Knight Wonder Woman $12
Last Knight Omega $12
Devastator/Superman 2-Pack $27.20

...And more!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:38 pm

ftw-jedi wrote:Gamestop has a HUGE clearance sale right now...

Grodd $8
Drowned $8
John Stewart $8.80
Bizarro $8.80
Injustice Flash $9.60
Superman Red Son $11.84
Damian Wayne $11.99
Death Metal Batman 11.99
Last Knight Omega $12

...And more!

That's even better than Walmart!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ditko
Thread Killer

Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:43 pm

Isn't that bad sign to have THAT much stuff on clearance?? I feel the line is very strong, but then sometimes worry.

Really liked what I saw this week, but expected a lot more, like last year at this time. Oh well. At least wanted Lex and/or Rebirth Superman to be shown.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:04 pm

The line would be much stronger if DC/Warner would allow McFarlane to throw in some classics every now and then and also give the GLs a fist ring hand. When I speak about classics for me is the eras before Nu52. If I were McFarlane right now I would be putting out Knightsend and Knightsfall figures, Hush figures to counter what Mafex is doing. This is why the majority of DC fans were excited that McFarlane was getting the license. Plus fans are tired of his one and done lines of only the main characters being made. I've asked many DC fans who I associate with. They don't want to invest in a line if there is no chance of the lesser known character they like is not going to be made. I'm sure the 4 figure waves are not going away but to continue those he should consider doing another wave of two or try to get some of the characters into box sets or something similar to fan channel.
Kenobi
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:23 pm

ftw-jedi wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:26 am
Gamestop has a HUGE clearance sale right now...

Grodd $8
Drowned $8
John Stewart $8.80
Bizarro $8.80
Injustice Flash $9.60
Superman Red Son $11.84
Damian Wayne $11.99
Death Metal Batman 11.99
Last Knight Omega $12

...And more!

Dayyyyuuummmmm.

Thank you so much for posting this! Got the entire Last Knight on Earth wave and Bizarro for $62. That is like 50% off!
ditko
Thread Killer

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:18 am

drkknght64 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:04 pm
The line would be much stronger if DC/Warner would allow McFarlane to throw in some classics every now and then and also give the GLs a fist ring hand. When I speak about classics for me is the eras before Nu52. If I were McFarlane right now I would be putting out Knightsend and Knightsfall figures, Hush figures to counter what Mafex is doing. This is why the majority of DC fans were excited that McFarlane was getting the license. Plus fans are tired of his one and done lines of only the main characters being made. I've asked many DC fans who I associate with. They don't want to invest in a line if there is no chance of the lesser known character they like is not going to be made. I'm sure the 4 figure waves are not going away but to continue those he should consider doing another wave of two or try to get some of the characters into box sets or something similar to fan channel.
I'm under the impression the line is pretty strong as is, I just know he repacks some figures and has his variants we didn't really ask for. I think the classic debate is just subjective "the line would be stronger if I got what I wanted" no offense. I don't totally disagree, but for every person wanting older eras there's other fans digging Todd's take. If adherently classic is your thing this probably isn't the line for you - Mafex is doing that and Todd isn't going to just do the same thing.

Don't get me wrong, I very much want Death and Return of Superman figures or Knightfall, JLA etc. but that's not what this line is built on. I'm more stoked to see Jorge Jimenez Batman figures or Jon Kent Superman and other Nu52 designs he thinks are cool. Just my take. Like another poster said, it's nice to have a line(s) again that I care enough about to pay attention to its longevity potential.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:28 am

I was intending to curb my buying for a bit after my initial big dive into this line, but those prices were too good to pass up on. I just wish I held off on my buying spree a few more weeks and I would've saved half the money I spent (I was so happy with myself getting deals for like 14 bucks for half the figure I own!). Picked up John Stewart, Bizarro, and the Superman/Devastator set (20 bucks for the two was ridiculous even if I didn't think I necessarily needed them). Added a couple of cheap SW Black Series to the order and it turned into a splurge. If I hadn't JUST gotten Grodd, Damien, Flash, the Drowned, and Omega a few weeks ago...
Mysticmanjrf1
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:48 am

I'm not too worried about the clearance figures. Many of these figures sold out at other retailers and it's better to make some money on peg warmers or old inventory.

I've noticed that the recent pre orders seem to be more limited in stock. Hopefully they find a balance between keeping the line readily available and having 6 Joker figures on the pegs.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:57 am

Yeah, Todd’s not competing with Mafex, just as he isn’t competing with Spin Masters. The relative success of this line (at least the comic portion of it), won’t be tied to 90’s nostalgia or proper ring hands for various Green Lanterns.

Clearly we all have opinions of what we’d like to see and where we’d like Todd to take this line. We’re also never gonna agree. I remember heated discussions about DCD and DCUC back in the day over the same types of things. DC figure collectors are a herd of cats. The media portion of the line doesn’t seem to draw the passionate discussions in the same way the comic figures do. Thus, that’s what I’m commenting on.

I’d like to see a lot of different stuff from Todd. I’ll not get into that here. But what I’d like to not see is the regression back to the Satellite JLA, the Super Friends, and the Super Powers. Been seeing this stuff since 2000. I’d like to see something else now.
ditko
Thread Killer

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:25 am

Remember DC ICONS got cancelled when Booster Gold, Blue Beetle and Demon allegedly didn't raise interest. I always questioned that, but yeah Todd has a good plan here - Big Barda and Mister Miracle probably aren't going to light things up to some new degree. I will just say how glad and grateful I am to have Todd on his game. Not gonna say anything bad about other lines, but I absolutely love his lines, I can't really pick a favorite. Plus we're getting Shazam, Demon, Lobo, Reverse Flash and Swamp Thing soon. How awesome is that?

I will say though I would totally go all in on Kirby 4th World stuff and 90s Superman so I feel that sentiment to a degree over not getting certain wants.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:57 am

If I ran DC, I wouldn't focus on the classic looks either. It appeals to an aging collectors base that is more than likely well outside the coveted 18 to 30-whatever demographic. I would also focus more on current looks and characters in the comics and other media. Maybe throw in the occasional classic bone, but that would be it.
Draven79
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:13 pm

Anyone have the dcpi for the Batman movie figure at target? I had it but deleted it back accident. Tried searching for it but no luck. Thanks!
Draven

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”

Recent Topics