McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Brandon the Wizard
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:13 pm

It'll be interesting to see a Todd McFarlane-designed DC Universe. I want to see HIS versions of other well known DC characters (like Superman, Flash and Batman).

I feel like the potential for this line is there.
KNR
Customized

Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:37 pm

Maybe Todd will get to write/draw his own little one off in his setting.
MCUCompletionist
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:50 pm

I'm most interested in his Superman, because the guy doesn't use swords or weapons/shields. So I wonder what Todd would really do, he likes Spikes too, maybe we'll get spiky Superman
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

KNR wrote:Maybe Todd will get to write/draw his own little one off in his setting.
I wonder if McFarlane has the rights to those designs or if, more likely, DC automatically has rights to the designs too and could use them in a comic.
TheMadcapLaughs
Customized

Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:03 pm

KNR wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:37 pm
Maybe Todd will get to write/draw his own little one off in his setting.
Doubtful. Todd has too much of a stick up his ass to make a comic for the big 2
AndyTrevino
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:11 pm

MCUCompletionist wrote:
I'm most interested in his Superman, because the guy doesn't use swords or weapons/shields. So I wonder what Todd would really do, he likes Spikes too, maybe we'll get spiky Superman
I unironically have to wonder if all the spikes means that he'd give us an edgy punk rock-looking Joker
AndyTrevino
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:16 pm

bananaman wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:42 am
I really have my fingers crossed for the 3 jokers that at least one will be passable as a ‘modern day’ first appearance joker. Giving us the trench coat look that had always been my the most iconic in my minds eye. Well done I think they will all work but I am just hoping that we don’t go to the extreme corners of the joker universe and pick one off looks that were book/panel specific.

My ideal is Batman 524 dreadful birthday dear joker. Trench coat, hat, the classic joker mobile and Batman and Robin tied to candles on a giant birthday cake.....all in one book. Bronze Age brilliance by JGL.
On the (IMO) unfortunate chance that we get book-specific looks for the other two i.e. the jumpsuit and Hawaiian tourist outfit (which would be more suited to 2-packs with Red Hood and Batgirl), I'm 90% sure that at the end of the day the First Appearance Joker will have the classic trenchcoat design.

But I agree with you overall. I'd much rather all three just sport their own different versions of the standard design.
Seamus McSuperfly
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:31 pm

It's Death IN the Family that was referenced in 3 Jokers, not Death OF the Family.

The latter is the one with the jumpsuit and the skin mask. I doubt we see that (for now).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

heman008
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:05 pm

Brandon the Wizard wrote:It'll be interesting to see a Todd McFarlane-designed DC Universe. I want to see HIS versions of other well known DC characters (like Superman, Flash and Batman).

In case you’ve forgotten Todd already made his version of Batman in two colors. Black was the Gold Label and the normal release in blue. Really curious to see how he does his take on Superman though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ultramane
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:16 pm

has anyone tried putting the blue head on the first wave batman body? curious if it matches up
heman008
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:19 pm

If the 3 Jokers are in their version of the classic purple suits, then those 3 along with the MK 11 Joker means I won’t need any other version of Joker again from Todd. Well maybe a Batman Beyond version from the comics.

Brandon the Wizard
Customized

Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:49 pm

heman008 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:05 pm
Brandon the Wizard wrote:It'll be interesting to see a Todd McFarlane-designed DC Universe. I want to see HIS versions of other well known DC characters (like Superman, Flash and Batman).

In case you’ve forgotten Todd already made his version of Batman in two colors. Black was the Gold Label and the normal release in blue. Really curious to see how he does his take on Superman though.

My bad. I guess I missed that one. I do thank you for the heads up. I'll have to go back and pick him up and Wonder Woman when she comes out. It's funny because these designs have A LOT going on, but I think that's what I like about them.

I feel like with Superman coming from an alien race that utilizes technology, his suit would be made of some sort of techno-organic material, like it materializes around him. Just my thoughts on Todd McFarlane's Superman.
Kenobi
Customized

Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:05 pm

I think Todd’s designs mostly stink and wish he would release proper comic versions in their place. I wouldn’t be surprised if we got a full team of Todd’s JL well before we get a normal modern comic team.
AndyTrevino
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:14 pm

Seamus McSuperfly wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:31 pm
It's Death IN the Family that was referenced in 3 Jokers, not Death OF the Family.

The latter is the one with the jumpsuit and the skin mask. I doubt we see that (for now).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yeah, but he also wore a purple jumpsuit/boiler suit in the original comic when he beat Jason Todd with the crowbar.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:18 pm

Ultramane wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:16 pm
has anyone tried putting the blue head on the first wave batman body? curious if it matches up
The color is alright but the necks don’t match in shape at all. So you end up with a DC1000 that looks like it has no neck.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”