Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective 6 inch DC figures

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective 6 inch DC figures

Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:32 pm

Dorlando_calrissian wrote:
Corn Viper wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:25 pm
Dorlando_calrissian wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:07 pm
Will be selling my original blue to get this one. Don’t really understand the color choice for the belt. I’ll probably try to find someone selling the yellow belt on eBay to put on this one
I didn't notice the belt color tell you said that, but now it really bothers me. It looks wrong having a classic Batman without a bright yellow belt.
They can say “golden age” all they want but this is Year one Batman 100%.

I just went and flipped through my copy of year one and this bronzy looking belt is actually really accurate to that. I guess it doesn’t bother me too much.
Year one had a pouch belt though and the bat emblem would be much larger than this. Like Alex Ross sized. Also Batman’s head would be more proportional to his body. This figure might have the simplicity and aesthetic of the year one design but let’s not mince words, this is in no way shape or form Mezco’s attempt at a Year one figure. This is still just a golden age Batman in a simple black and grey palate swap, plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
supermonkey
teh awsum

Re: Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective 6 inch DC figures

Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:54 pm

And I'm totally fine with that.
DarkKnight
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:50 am

dcucfan
CROM!

Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:12 am

Freeze bumped to Dec - Jan. Annoying on so many levels. I have him preordered through Dorkside but who knows if that gets fulfilled. And for those new to Mezco and interested, he’s now been sold out for darn near three years. I get delays, but Mezco is going next level.
Blackestday
CROM!

Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:44 pm

dcucfan wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:12 am
Freeze bumped to Dec - Jan. Annoying on so many levels. I have him preordered through Dorkside but who knows if that gets fulfilled. And for those new to Mezco and interested, he’s now been sold out for darn near three years. I get delays, but Mezco is going next level.
And sharing no info or updates. Normally it shouldn’t matter but when they’re pocketing all those NRD’s an email here or there explaining delays would be nice. Keep the investors up to date.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:32 am

After '89 Batman, Superman, Mr. Freeze, and Constantine, I'll probably be done with Mezco for the most part. They really don't have that wow factor for me like they used to from 2017-2020. Perhaps it's due to the Mafex stuff that's been releasing and some of Mcfarlane's Multiverse figures. Of course if they give us a Neal Adams/Jim Aparo style bronze age Batman and a Dick Grayson/Jason Todd style Robin then I'll be all in.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

piggyv01
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:14 am

The Freeze delays are crazy to an unacceptable degree. No other company is suffering delays to this level.

Finally got my Batman/Two-Face...Batmans Cape is horrible. I'm all about wired capes but second wires on either side are so poorly placed and it's so thick.
Diego
Customized

Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:14 am

I agree with the sentiment in the latest two comments. I keep wondering if my only preorder, the The Batman Batman, will have the regular delays or the super-crazy delays of other figures (and once it's out, will it be significantly better that the MAFEX version?). Overall I'm less interested on their stuff, specially now that the price points are higher and delays longer (even for Mezco's standards).

I'm happy that at least that classic Batman seemed to go out just fine, but just thinking about some of those figures makes me wary of ordering Mezco. If I can PO from BBTS and there's no NRD I can feel safe, but that's not always the case.

I hope that the Rumble Society characters and other stuff keeps selling well and Mezco keeps the lights running and can eventually deliver (sooner rather than later) on the licensed figures and those that folks have been waiting for years.
Longbowhunter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:55 pm

I cancelled my Constantine that I was on the wait list for in favor of the McFarlane. Its good enough and WAYYYYY cheaper-all I need is a cigarette for him and I can find one of those on ebay eventually.
Mister Voorhees
CROM!

Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:32 pm

BBTS has the black & grey classic Batman up for pre-order, though like usual with MDXs it's more expensive.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/220299
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:34 pm

Mister Voorhees wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:32 pm
BBTS has the black & grey classic Batman up for pre-order, though like usual with MDXs it's more expensive.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/220299
I am glad and somewhat surprised that Mezco releases the Blue Grey Version first. If they had released the Black/Grey first I would have bought it sight unseen and then also the Blue Grey because that version is essential and comic book correct. As is, I can live without the black/grey.
PJ
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:25 am

I just received an email saying the Golden Age Batman is processing on Oct 3.
AddictBraids
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:59 pm

I finally caved and bought the figuarts 89 Batman. Two biggest reasons I pulled the trigger, 1 Because I'm seriously starting to have doubts we will ever actually get the 89 Batman from Mezco, 2 Because i got the Figuarts 89 Batman for a steal at $70. I'd still prefer the Mezco version, but at this point I'm not holding my breath for it anymore... at least now I have the "next best thing"...
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:08 am

SHF Keaton Batman is really fun to mess around with. Face and eyes are sadly under-detailed, but the body has a great range of poseability and seems highly movie accurate.

I bought a custom cape from rebel10customs, and I was initially disappointed with it cause it was no cheap, but after I worked it in, it was a decent replacement for the rather lousy cape the figure came with.

Still hoping the Mezco happens someday, and doesn't suck. In the meantime, there's rumors of McFarlane doing a 1989 and 2022 versions of Keaton, along with the Batmobile! Hope that happens, too. And can someone PLEASE give us a 6 inch scale Returns Batman, already??
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:43 pm

The Keaton face makes or breaks the figures for me. The SHF version is a nice figure, but that face just doesn't do it for me. It's at least better than that one from Beast Kingdom. The promotional shots for the Mezco one look amazing though, and if they can do that, then it will easily be the best yet. It's just amusing to me how Kenner managed to give us a good Keaton Batman jaw back in the day, but so many seem to stumble when attempting it now with better technology.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”