Ghostbusters Plasma Series

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
psoul95
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:22 am

I noticed in the reset of my Targets, they are getting more figures in. I hadn’t seen the two pack since it first came out right after the movie, but this week, they started showing up again.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:40 am

psoul95 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:22 am
I noticed in the reset of my Targets, they are getting more figures in. I hadn’t seen the two pack since it first came out right after the movie, but this week, they started showing up again.
Afterlife hits physical media at the beginning of Feb…no better time to unload old stock

I wonder if we’ll ever see some of the missing products like ectoplasm canisters and the other wave of minipufts shown
psoul95
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:46 pm

I did see a slimed Ray at GameStop last week. With the movie being pushed back 18 months, the roll out was gonna be a mess but it appears that Hasbro is still sticking with it since it has shelf space in the new Target reset. Not sure how many more waves we’ll get but I could see some pulse exclusives to keep it going. Based on how the proton pack went gang busters, there is still interest in the product.
Matthew K
nah, pass

Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:43 am

I saw the slimed set of the four ‘busters today at my comic shop and man, the face print on these is so much cleaner than the first wave. I’m not really into the gimmick, but I liked the printing and uniform colors a lot better.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:16 pm

Pics I saw online didn't seem to improve the likenesses. But hey, I like the likenesses.

Only GB item I'd be down for is a four-pack of this that doesn't cost and arm and a leg, and isn't some super rare exclusive, so in other words, never gonna happen.

Sorry...I stole that pic from some guy's blog so I can't give proper credit....but it's his, not mine.

Speaking of an arm and a leg....I still have four terror dog legs. Should I give up and try to sell them or try to buy a head and body at this point?
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:06 am

So, does anyone think Hasbro will continue making any kind of Ghostbusters figures? And does anyone know how long they have the license rights for the Ghostbusters franchise?

I really wish they'd continue, but I have no idea how well the first wave and then the Afterlife toys, both Plasma and kid's lines sold. I loved the Afterlife movie. And maybe more folks would have seen it and bought more toys had it not been for the pandemic.

But I wish Hasbro would make more Plasma figures. But what do you all think? Is Hasbro done overall besides the still to come Proton Pack? Or will we see more?
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:04 am

Hopefully something new for the summer convention or Pulse exclusive.
At the least, I’m hoping for a Slimer/Muncher 2-pack if they’re calling it quits until Sony decides what to do next with the franchise
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:10 pm

In this Jada catalog they list a 1/12 ecto, but its the body on a monster truck. So who knows
(Check the jada 1/12 monster thread for the link) thanks to tfw2005, jada has a digital catalog online showing what's coming. we can see the wolfman and the invisible man are coming.
here's the link to the catalog, can't seem to post the image of the figures.
https://online.flippingpages.de/live/si ... a_2022/72/
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:03 am

I personally wouldn’t mind an Ivan Reitman tribute figure before Hasbro calls it quits. Maybe in GB uniform.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:30 am

Visionary wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:03 am
I personally wouldn’t mind an Ivan Reitman tribute figure before Hasbro calls it quits. Maybe in GB uniform.
Hasbro gave both Reitmans their own figure…custom head on gb body.
Child_of_the_90's
Avengers Assemble

Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:50 am

I feel like that figure should remain as a unique gift to the Rietmans and not turned into a mass-produced toy.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:29 pm

Child_of_the_90's wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:50 am
I feel like that figure should remain as a unique gift to the Rietmans and not turned into a mass-produced toy.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
I'll take "Things not said by the the conservators of Stan Lee" for $400, Alex.
shazam612
CROM!

Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:56 am

I’d love for Hasbro to start doing what they did with the black series and start making characters that haven’t been in the live action as if they had. Like Plasma Series versions of the Extreme Ghostbusters.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:23 pm

I’m really shocked we never saw slimer in this line
spinc
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:29 am

I'm hopeful they'll reveal at the very least a final line of the Real GBs, reusing the base bodies but with new heads and accessories. Do the 4 busters, and maybe do Slimer and Janine for the 6 figure wave, with Samhain as a BAF. Honestly, with how amazing the DST RGB figures sold (and those weren't exactly very good figures tbh), I can't imagine a hasbro take doing poorly in sales. It's a no-brainer, so I remain hopeful that they will soon reveal those.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”