Ghostbusters Plasma Series

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
psoul95
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:17 pm

I want them to continue the but I’ve always thought Super7 would kill it with Ghostbusters.
User avatar
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1775
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:37 pm

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:21 pm

Super 7's made-to-order gameplan would absolutely fit with this license. Thank the maker...more people are coming to their senses over this to silence those with longtime hopes Ghostbusters would return to NECA.

Have you handled their MacReady figure's flamethrower? The handle on my thrower snapped just trying to fit it into the figures hands! And just waiting for the thin pack frame to bite it from something a simple as the figure falling over on the shelf. Add those worries to proton packs x4!!!
User avatar
Prophet924
Thwipp!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Close enough to hear TMS roar.
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:19 am

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:33 pm

AMC popcorn bucket?

Thwipp!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Maryland
Posts: 10446
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:42 pm

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:44 pm

featofstrength wrote:Super 7's made-to-order gameplan would absolutely fit with this license. Thank the maker...more people are coming to their senses over this to silence those with longtime hopes Ghostbusters would return to NECA.

Have you handled their MacReady figure's flamethrower? The handle on my thrower snapped just trying to fit it into the figures hands! And just waiting for the thin pack frame to bite it from something a simple as the figure falling over on the shelf. Add those worries to proton packs x4!!!
I’m six of one, half a dozen of another. The only Super7 stuff I have is a few of continued MOTUC figures, and I think they’re a step down from even late Mattycollector figures. The delays and continued problems on ThunderCats don’t give me hope. Combined with cost…it’s not attractive.

I feel like TMNT is probably the closest line to compare for NECA, since the hope for GB would be live action and animated. And yeah, especially the toon turtles feel fragile, have bizarre paint vs. cast color issues, and require reuse.

I’d begrudgingly accept S7 is probably the right direction. I wonder if they’d do two proton packs for RGB figures to mimic the Kenner toys and show-accurate. I’d rather have a Kenner ghost pack-in. I’d at least trust them to do more toon ghosts.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:31 pm

Prophet924 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:33 pm
AMC popcorn bucket?

Thwipp!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it was mentioned a few pages back, amc will have a special bucket in the shape of the ecto-1. base on the images it looks like it might work with the plasma figures.
User avatar
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1775
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:37 pm

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:39 pm

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:31 pm
Prophet924 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:33 pm
AMC popcorn bucket?

Thwipp!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it was mentioned a few pages back, amc will have a special bucket in the shape of the ecto-1. base on the images it looks like it might work with the plasma figures.
Image

They did an R2D2 popcorn and drink holder for "The Death of Star Wars" that cost $50
Size and lights on this, I would guess this will cost like $80 or something.
If it happens at all...who knows? Twinkies and Ecto Cooler got reneged.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 7075
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:03 am

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:33 pm

knightmare10880 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:21 am
Roufuss wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:36 pm


No new toy reveals at Pulse Con.
I know that they had their hands tied with Covid pushing the movie back but I really do think that Hasbro dropped the ball on Ghostbusters, there was far more that they could do. I think Phobe will be the last figure to get released and I'm honestly not surprised that she's not a Pulsecon exclusive.

I hate saying this but I really want Hasbro to just let the rights to Ghostbusters go and then someone like Super7 can grab them. That way we can finally get figures based on the Real, Extreme and IDW incarnations of the Ghostbusters franchise ; instead of always getting figures based on the movie. I mean I get that the movie is the most well known incarnation in the mainstream. But Hasbro is able to mix in figures from various incarnations in their Marvel, Star Wars and Power Rangers lines, why couldn't they do that for Ghostbusters as well.
100% this.

I know it’s a weird take but I don’t really like any of the Ghostbusters movies. I adored the original cartoon as a kid though, loved the toys, loved Extreme Ghostbusters. I still think the cartoons even hold up today. I love the concept of the property.

But yet every time someone gets the line, they usually trot out the same tired movie Ghostbusters again and again and again. I get why, but you can only make the same figures so many times.

Look at the prices for The Real Ghosbusters figures that Diamond Select made, and those aren’t even that good — there is a market here. There is an audience for these that I’m shocked Hasbro doesn’t touch beyond just reissues. We are living in an age where nostalgia rules all, and one of the biggest and most popular toylines from back in the day gets ignored.

Super7 is my last big hope. I can only hope Hasbro let’s the license lapse, and Super7 can finally have their shot at remaking the RGB line. They would knock it out of the park imo. This is the last nostalgia-based hole in my collection.

To see Hasbro just not put out figures just frustrates me since it’s potentially blocking someone, anyone, to do RGB or Extreme Ghostbusters. I’d even be down with NECA giving the Animated line a shot.
GuruAskew
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 984
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:34 am

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:37 pm

featofstrength wrote:
NEW BATMAN wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:31 pm
Prophet924 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:33 pm
AMC popcorn bucket?

Thwipp!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it was mentioned a few pages back, amc will have a special bucket in the shape of the ecto-1. base on the images it looks like it might work with the plasma figures.
Image

They did an R2D2 popcorn and drink holder for "The Death of Star Wars" that cost $50
Size and lights on this, I would guess this will cost like $80 or something.
If it happens at all...who knows? Twinkies and Ecto Cooler got reneged.
Ecto Cooler was never announced, and word of the Twinkie cancelation came from a customer service rep or something so I don’t think it was totally official.

That said, if the Twinkies weren’t canceled they’d probably be on store shelves right now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1775
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:37 pm

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:11 pm

I wouldn’t blame Coca Cola for being a bit hesitant after the last GB outing… :lol:
PSPS13
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:47 pm

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:38 pm

Hard to believe there's a world where it's feasible to tool a 'popcorn bucket' as good as that looks, for what's likely to be a product some way below $100; but Hasbro can't produce one for their action figures that they could redress/repaint/redeco twice; considering the production line available to them.
User avatar
Darth_Drakonis
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 4:22 am

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:00 pm

Dream Scenario for this line would be:

1) A RGB Cartoon wave:

Image

2) A Retro Kenner Ghostbuster w/ fright features wave:

Image

3) A RGB Firehouse Haslab:

Image

Image
User avatar
Darth_Drakonis
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 4:22 am

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:04 pm

Getting the Walmart Echo-1 was a dream come true!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ghostbusters ... /957719853

This doesnt have to be a permanent line like Star Wars or Marvel... but please Hasbro... do the Ghostbuster license justice before you end this line!
User avatar
TonyStark517
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:48 am

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:47 pm

$400 for the proton pack while the Rancor is going on just isn't going to happen. Yeesh. I just wish they'd space these out some.
The Boot
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:40 am

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:55 pm

A pack with no Neutrona Wand to boot. Pass.
User avatar
TonyStark517
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:48 am

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:59 pm

.
The Boot wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:55 pm
A pack with no Neutrona Wand to boot. Pass.
Maybe they'll make it a stretch goal but that did seem like a glaring omission.

EDIT: Just realized they already made the wand

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”