Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:38 pm

There are teams I want that haven't been introduced in this line that I can wait for, but at the same time once they start a team I'd expect said team to at least be steadily added to. I'm not expecting a member a wave, but maybe one every two at the very least.

Like you look at Time Force Red and wonder where the hell the rest of his team is. If the rumored green with bike ends up true, that's still way too long a gap between members...
Merso
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:49 pm

MollyMillions wrote:Any reasons that Hasbro hasn't touched certain series at all? Turbo, Ninja Storm off the top of my head.

I asked a superfan I know and they just told me Turbo sucks.
Turbo is not very well regarded, no. But my theory? I suspect the rights to Turbo might be shared with another entity, due to the movie. Hence why Hasbro is not in a rush to make characters from that season, and why Phantom Ranger was labeled as an In Space character.

Just a theory.

Sent from my G3112 using Tapatalk

MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:29 am

I can see it. I stopped watching around Zeo going into Turbo, for the most part, so I'm not versed in what happened with all the ownerships and partnerships.

Now I just watch what bigger fans tell me is up my alley.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:13 pm

My little brother stopped watching after Zeo so our household was done with Power Rangers after that. I've only been buying the In Space team & Time Force Red because I enjoyed the Sentai series.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:41 pm

Merso wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:49 pm
MollyMillions wrote:Any reasons that Hasbro hasn't touched certain series at all? Turbo, Ninja Storm off the top of my head.

I asked a superfan I know and they just told me Turbo sucks.
Turbo is not very well regarded, no. But my theory? I suspect the rights to Turbo might be shared with another entity, due to the movie. Hence why Hasbro is not in a rush to make characters from that season, and why Phantom Ranger was labeled as an In Space character.

Just a theory.

Sent from my G3112 using Tapatalk
That sucks. I watched PR up until through Wild Force (and came back for SPD); I love Turbo's designs and want figures of them. I guess it doesn't matter as much though since all of the characters are covered by the Zeo and In Space teams except Justin. TJ as the Red Ranger meant a lot to me as a kid.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:33 pm

Nebraska wrote:My little brother stopped watching after Zeo so our household was done with Power Rangers after that. I've only been buying the In Space team & Time Force Red because I enjoyed the Sentai series.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
In Space and Lost Galaxy were pretty good imo. And for post Zordon stuff there are some really good seasons too. RPM, Dino Thunder, Ninja Storm, Jungle Fury, Time Force, SPD, just to name a few. I mean, everyone has preferences, but I think quite a few of those were really well written for Power Ranger shows. Much better then the stuff that's been more recent.

People who don't really like Turbo can probably skip most of it after Tommy's crew leaves, and just get introduced to the new team since 4 of them go to space. But Justin is unbearable sometimes. If it weren't for him I think it'd be a better show. He brings the whole thing down. So skipping most of his stuff makes it watchable. Then go and watch In Space to see how the Zordon stuff basically ends, and Lost Galaxy to get a bit of an epilogue, but it is also pretty good in it's own right. The premise, as well as the suit designs and story arc are all above par for Power Rangers. But again, this is all my opinion. (I thought it was a given that people would figure that part out, but I've gotten yelled at for not stating certain things are "opinion", so I'm gonna label it as such)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:06 am

I'm REALLY ready for the Kat pack to release. I keep almost picking up Pudgy Pig but I can't stand his teeth being mispainted on every copy I see.
punksraven
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:42 am

I’m really hoping Dorksidetoys starts to ship my tmnt x power rangers soon. I’m so excited for them.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:44 am

Had one of those universal sign collecting days.

This morning, found Space Yellow marked down at Wal-Mart. Sure, let's see if we can do this team.

Swing by TRU (Canada) to look for LEGO Minifigs and I found Space Black and the Astronema/Red set. Done. They also had the hooded Red, but that's a bit niche for me.

Head over to EB across the plaza for the sake of the chase, find a lone Silver.

Clerk at EB is a fan of Rangers and tells me Pink is on Amazon, and that I can order the Blue vehicle set with him for release in a bit.

And when I order Pink, I see the Ecliptor pack for pre-order.

And that's how I destroyed my toy budget for the week.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:11 am

Sounds AMAZING!!! :)
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:55 am

Sounds worth it to me. So Zhane is showing up in Canada? Hope he hits stateside soon.

MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:20 am

Trunks3540 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:55 am
Sounds worth it to me. So Zhane is showing up in Canada? Hope he hits stateside soon.

Yeah, I want to say he's been around since November. Hard to find now, according to the GameStop (EB) search feature.

I've also had the Kat two pack since mid December.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:36 pm

Those have also not hit the states yet. They keep getting delayed. I've had her preordered since they were anounced.

EICzerofour
Super Poseable

Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:16 pm

Fingers crossed Green Ranger Shredder hits this week, as I am probably going to push through my Pile of Loot at bbts Thursday or Friday.
Child_of_the_90's
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:11 pm

Thanks to a walmart sale, I grabbed two more z putties for 19 a piece after shipping and tax. Not a bad deal. Brings me to 9 z putties. I think I need to stop there....

I hope we see the Rita putties return, though I doubt we will ever get the bargain that was the 2 pack for 29.99 ever again.

Also finally got In Space pink and Zeo Yellow from game stop. Waiting on Phantom Ranger from Dorkside.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”