Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Collector4612
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:26 am

Trunks3540 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:22 pm
Got my Sparkle Rangers in the mail today... They were really tight and it felt like after a little while they would snap the ball off the neck. So I had to loosen them up. Rocky's shoulders were also really stuck. I had to force them quite a bit to pop them loose. Almost felt like I was gonna break them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
That's really interesting to hear, because on almost all of my Metallic Rangers, they were crazy loose on several of the joints, almost like they were pre-worn out, which is so unusual for these figures.
Child_of_the_90's
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:28 am

K_Steel wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:37 am
I think the Zeo Crystals are supposed to reflect that scene in Master Vile and the Metallic Armor, where they each grabbed a Zeo sub-Crystal and threw it into the time hole.

Also, off-topic.. Rito is a safe bet for 2022. I'd wager on it.
Correct. In that scene they each picked up the same piece that the figures come with. It's actually a pretty neat attention to detail to include the shards with the metallic armor figures.

I hope Tommy comes with a rock base though and that these can be placed in it. I also really hope Tommy comes in a two pack with Mastervile. I don't think we would see Mastervile on his own, but I can see him in a two pack with a popular figure that is nothing but reuse parts and molded colored plastic. I think Rito will end up as a single release at some point, possibly something like the Amazon exclusive Finster.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:42 am

K_Steel wrote:I think the Zeo Crystals are supposed to reflect that scene in Master Vile and the Metallic Armor, where they each grabbed a Zeo sub-Crystal and threw it into the time hole.

Also, off-topic.. Rito is a safe bet for 2022. I'd wager on it.
It's been a long while since I watched it, and I didn't remember that episode. Makes sense then the way they came. Thanks for the explanation.
Collector4612 wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:22 pm
Got my Sparkle Rangers in the mail today... They were really tight and it felt like after a little while they would snap the ball off the neck. So I had to loosen them up. Rocky's shoulders were also really stuck. I had to force them quite a bit to pop them loose. Almost felt like I was gonna break them.

That's really interesting to hear, because on almost all of my Metallic Rangers, they were crazy loose on several of the joints, almost like they were pre-worn out, which is so unusual for these figures.
Yea almost all of mine have really stiff joints. The only thing I had to tighten one was one of Billy's ankles. Everything else I feel like I had to force. And loosen up some of for fear of breaking like the heads. Even the legs and knees are tight af. I'm hoping they don't break in like 10 years after the plastic deteriorates a bit from time. It feels like the plastic they used is harder then normal figures. A few of my Halo clear figures from McFarlane broke when I pulled them out recently. Probably because of the plastic they used to make them clear. But those were always fragile. Just sucks to have it break now when a replacement is probably expensive.

K_Steel
Prognostibator

Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:55 pm

NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:09 pm

Nice
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:24 pm

Got Sparkle Red & Yellow, and Yellow vs Scorpina!

Definitely prefer the Sparkle Aisha head, and on the spare Trini body I'd gotten over the brighter, more lemony yellow of the 2-pack version. Also, I was worried about the Trini ball, as I'd dremeled it down to fit the temporary Zendaya head, but that actually helped the Aisha head to fit! I would've had to have done that anyway, as was previously mentioned by Trunks.

And I was...content with the Blue Zeo Rocky head, but this new one looks so much better & more like Steve Cardenas, that it makes the Zeo one look worse & less like him, lol.

Scorpina's awesome.

I can't wait to put them all back out (was gonna move, packed everything up, but renewed lease for another year)
Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble

Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:47 am

Fan First Friday this week.
fletch137
Super Poseable

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:07 am

I'm so excited for the Zord Ascension Project. The detail and articulation looks great, and there are so many megazords from so many seasons I want at that same level.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:51 am

I didn't know Aiesha in the 2 pack was a different shade. I wonder how the Kat 2 pack will look. If I absolutely can't stand the shade I do have an extra Trini in package I was holding on to. Could think about swapping the heads. But I'll have to actually see it in person. They got all the Green on the different Tommy figures the same, I wonder how they messed up Aiesha.

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:36 pm

I mean, you could utilize the color discrepancy to tell Aisha & Trini apart with the helmets on, and I thought about that, but didn't want to make my buying the extra body a pointless waste, and Rocky/Jason/Zack/Adam wouldn't have those differences (though Zack's using the Walgreens body with the gold armbands, and I only bought the one regular Black for Adam), which would make her stick out like a sore thumb.
Child_of_the_90's
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:46 pm

fletch137 wrote:I'm so excited for the Zord Ascension Project. The detail and articulation looks great, and there are so many megazords from so many seasons I want at that same level.
I was excited about the zord ascension project at first, but they went for unnecessary detail over show accuracy. Not fully feeling it. Still nice to see and I hope others enjoy the line.

I think super7 will fill my zord needs. I want stuff on scale with the monsters anyway.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

fletch137
Super Poseable

Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:02 am

Child_of_the_90's wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:46 pm
I was excited about the zord ascension project at first, but they went for unnecessary detail over show accuracy.
My perfect Megazord has always been a super-detailed, articulated, and combinable from detailed, articulated Zords. At 1/144 scale and $200 each, they can't make these fast enough.

I see the appeal in Super7's show-accurate poseable figs, but I've so many boxes to check, I never actually thought I'd get them.

I also personally really like the extra detailing here. Except for the odd hex-paneling on the chest, nothing is out of place to my eyes and helps sell the scale.
thewyldman
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:23 am

A Squad Green is starting to ship from Best Buy
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:30 am

Full gallery of the new ninjetti white ranger via tni.
https://toynewsi.com/278-41060
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:39 am

Tommy looks really nice!

Told myself I would never pick the ninjetti up if Hasbro made them...but of course I caved.

Wonder when red & yellow will be revealed?

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”

Recent Topics