Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
yojoebro82
Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:21 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:19 pm
This feels worse then when Leonard Nimoy died.
Yeah, worse than Nimoy, worse than Kevin Conroy.....I don't know if anything has hit this hard.

Don't get me wrong, all of the above are beloved figures, to be sure, but they were taken by old age and medical issues, things out of the common man's control, as much as it does suck. In JDF's case you wonder, "What if someone would have reached out at just the right time to stop this from happening?" "What if this or that had gone differently and he'd gotten the help he needed?" His personality was so opposite of the inner turmoil you'd have to be in to go down this road, it's not like he was a brooding recluse. I don't know........just sucks.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:11 pm

Because no two human beings are completely identical, especially when it comes to things like mental health, "speaking for everyone" - even the side you identify with - will always be misinformed & disingenuous, but every time something like this happens, it's always the same neurotypical platitudes of "please reach out if you need help" or the insanely irresponsibly dangerous "suicide is a selfish act that irreparably harms the people you leave behind."

So rather than "speak for all the depressed," I'll just speak from my own suffering, and hope it helps (though half the board thinks I'm a negative @$$hole who wants everyone to share his opinion, instead of an autistic catastrophizer whose only opinion is that he wants everyone to be happy about everything all the time, and gets triggered by myopia & lack of empathy due to a constant exposed raw nerve of emotion).

Having battled depression & suicidal ideation plenty in my life as recently as the past 21 days, being in that kind of pain prevents reaching out for help, and having that kind of pressure & expectation (or the vile shaming mentioned above) pushes the feeling of helplessness & lack of options in the (hopefully) unintended opposite direction.

These kinds of things can be helped by neurotypicals doing research into potential warning signs for neurodivergent diseases (the happiest-seeming person battling with depression will ALWAYS give something away if you know what to look/listen for), and learning the difference between things that will help & things that will harm.

Phrases like "I just care about you" can be more harmful than anyone realizes, and "I'm just trying to help" is literally the worst, most dismissive f***ing thing you can say to ANYone about ANYthing (even other NTs - it's just such an arrogant mindset that doesn't take anyone else's feelings into whatever matter is at hand), LEAST of all depression.

And honestly, if this species were more empathetic & inclusive instead of *gestures at humanity*, living might not seem like the worse option for us.

Or sure, tell me I need to "leave the hobby if it stresses [me] out so much" when I post an autistic vent about something sh***y that I felt happened to me while toy collecting.

I'm sure that'll help.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:51 pm

As a medical professional and certified Mental Health First Aid Instructor, I want to thank you for your testimony and shared experiences.
MHFA teaches us to be noticers, and look for the warning signs and symptoms. To let people know recovery is possible. One of the phrases is "hope with facts."
While you say "I care about you" feels dismissive, it is still a good opener to start that awkward conversation. I understand what you say about "I'm just trying to help" since it is usually accompanied by advice or directives. We teach people that although that can mean well, we don't want to give advice, we want to empower people to help direct and guide their own recovery.
If you suspect someone is experiencing SI, it is okay to ask. And be direct. Don't beat around the bush. Asking won't put the idea in their head.
If you are experiencing problems, or someone else is, just know that you are not alone. It sounds contrite, but it is true. As Tienme said, reaching out can be hard, or seem impossible, but we can be the one to reach out if we think someone might need it. I obviously can't cram the entire MHFA curriculum into one post, but if you want to learn more there are many resources out there.
Recovery is possible.

Sent from The Void using My Incredible Mind

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:06 pm

I apologize, I should've clarified that "I care about you" can be harmful when accompanied by unsolicited and/or uninformed/unempathetic advice, much like the "I'm just trying to help," which, in my experience, is always said with a type of exasperation that makes the person it is said to feel more hopeless & more of a burden.

Obviously we want to hear that you care, lol. But saying it doesn't excuse any sh***y or disrespectful things you've said prior to or following that.

Help & care are more than appreciated: they're needed. But saying you have good intentions after exhibiting that you either refuse to listen to or understand the person needing both doesn't mean anything, and is infinitely more harmful.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:31 am

Apparently, and I'm not sure if this has been confirmed, but him and Tammie had a heated altercation shortly before. The situation seems like it was unplanned, a spur of the moment thing, after a bad argument with his soon to be ex wife. Something she did, or said... pushed him over the edge. He was dealing with alot of stress, and anxiety, and she did something, and he broke after she left.

Speaking from experience, when things like that happen with someone you deeply love, there can be alot of bad things that happen after. Humans are emotional beings inherently. And there have been a million different tragedies that have happend over an argument between 2 people who love, or loved, each other.

I'm not saying this to blame her. My point is, it was a split second decision made by a man who was possibly about to lose everything he loved. Having been in that situation, I know where his mind went. I just wish someone could've helped, like when people helped me.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

EICzerofour
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:45 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:31 am
Apparently, and I'm not sure if this has been confirmed, but him and Tammie had a heated altercation shortly before. The situation seems like it was unplanned, a spur of the moment thing, after a bad argument with his soon to be ex wife. Something she did, or said... pushed him over the edge. He was dealing with alot of stress, and anxiety, and she did something, and he broke after she left.

Speaking from experience, when things like that happen with someone you deeply love, there can be alot of bad things that happen after. Humans are emotional beings inherently. And there have been a million different tragedies that have happend over an argument between 2 people who love, or loved, each other.

I'm not saying this to blame her. My point is, it was a split second decision made by a man who was possibly about to lose everything he loved. Having been in that situation, I know where his mind went. I just wish someone could've helped, like when people helped me.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/11/22/power-ra ... -argument/

TMZ reported it. I have felt incredibly depressed since hearing about this Sunday morning, but the feeling is not going away. He was a great guy. I am really going to miss him.
Neil Magnum
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:55 pm

I got the Pulse email that orders are ready to ship. Ryu, Chun-Li, Snizzard and Time Force Blue and Vector Cycle, approximate shipping date of Dec 1.
thewyldman
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:28 pm

Neil Magnum wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:55 pm
I got the Pulse email that orders are ready to ship. Ryu, Chun-Li, Snizzard and Time Force Blue and Vector Cycle, approximate shipping date of Dec 1.
Snizzard is great, don't really have strong thoughts on the Vector Cycle
felgekarp
Avengers Assemble

Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:04 pm

Snizzard’s not on UK pulse, which is kind of annoying as I only really like the bad guys in this line.
yojoebro82

Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:41 pm

I know we have to move on at some point, but I just wanted to post that the Jason David Frank Official Facebook page will have a live stream "celebration of life" tomorrow, November 28th at 10:30 am cts.

https://www.facebook.com/jasondfrank
yojoebro82

Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:52 pm

I got my MMPR Black Ranger (Adam) from amazon, and more than anything else, what a difference a screen accurate helmeted head makes! Add to that the fact that it has all three blade blaster configurations, and this one is a real winner. Only thing missing, of course, is the Power Ax.

I will note that the lower legs on mine were facing the wrong way out of the package, much like the ML 80 Years Iron Man. Easy to fix with no disassembly required, but you have to look very close to notice it in the first place. I wonder if any more are like that.

Now I'm waiting for them to do this same thing with Red Ranger, probably the main offender as far as inaccurate helmeted heads go. Green Ranger's too but to a lesser degree.

Question time:
I have Yellow Ranger Trini and Yellow Ranger Aisha and one has to go. I can tell no difference between the two helmets. They both look equally screen accurate to me. Is there something I'm missing? Trini's figure has an ever so slight deeper shade of yellow, Aisha IMO looks more plastic-y......I'm tempted to keep the Trini. Any thoughts?
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:00 am

I prefer the color on Trini. Aiesha kinda looks cheap. Although, alot of Trini figures had a defect, where most of them had 2 left forearms. It's hard to notice, but it's annoying once you see it, cause then you can't unsee it.

sephiroth61787
CROM!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:46 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:41 pm
I know we have to move on at some point, but I just wanted to post that the Jason David Frank Official Facebook page will have a live stream "celebration of life" tomorrow, November 28th at 10:30 am cts.

https://www.facebook.com/jasondfrank
Watched the entire thing. Heartbreaking. Especially the videos of him with his daughter and grandson.

As for the discussion on the Trini vs. Aisha figures, Trini's neck peg was notably fragile. Your mileage may vary there, but it was a significant issue when the figure was released.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:15 pm

Trini has the better yellow for my tastes, but as mentioned, she's got a fragile neck and has potential for an arm QC error.

If you're never going to swap heads, keep Trini. If you do foresee swapping heads, I'd keep Aisha due to the neck issue.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:40 pm

I keep MMPR Trini and Ninjetti Aisha in my display, it's the only way my mind can process having them both there.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”