Mattel Jurassic Park Lines

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Mattel Jurassic Park Lines

Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:37 pm

panther10 wrote:
scribb wrote:I've had Dreadnoughtus for a few weeks now. When put vertical it is taller than my wife! The long tail is needed to stop it toppling over head first- such is the length and weight of the neck and head.
Wait please explain?? I mean we already knew the entire length of the body was 5 feet across, but are you saying that this figure is also 5 feet tall if just the neck is fully erect and all 4 limbs are fully planted on the ground, or are you merely stating that when you try to balance the figure on its hind limbs it’s 5 feet in the air?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, lol. It's longer than my wife is tall- but it is easy to demonstrate by holding it up vertically with the tail in your hand and the head touching the ground.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:27 pm

scribb wrote:
panther10 wrote:
scribb wrote:I've had Dreadnoughtus for a few weeks now. When put vertical it is taller than my wife! The long tail is needed to stop it toppling over head first- such is the length and weight of the neck and head.
Wait please explain?? I mean we already knew the entire length of the body was 5 feet across, but are you saying that this figure is also 5 feet tall if just the neck is fully erect and all 4 limbs are fully planted on the ground, or are you merely stating that when you try to balance the figure on its hind limbs it’s 5 feet in the air?

No, lol. It's longer than my wife is tall- but it is easy to demonstrate by holding it up vertically with the tail in your hand and the head touching the ground.
Ah okay that makes sense. Well I preordered one. But the only spot where I can display this thing has an inconvenient sprinkler head sticking out of my wall that could potentially bite me in the ass.

Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:44 pm

I see Target increased the price of the Hammond collection by a few dollars online.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

DisneyBoy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:43 am

I was just going to ask if anyone saw the Amber Collection on discount/liquidation...
panther10

Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:21 pm

I was able to grab one of the SDCC Outhouse Chaos sets off of eBay yesterday but I paid a steeeep price for it. Kinda serves me right for not trying to snag it on the Mattel Creations website a few weeks back, but from what I understand, that rollout was something of a shitshow anyways. But still that set was nearly $200 after I factored in tax and shipping…thankfully I’m up to date on JP stuff for at least until Wave 3 comes out which I guess includes Ellie Sattler and the Dilophosaurus? They haven’t announced any other corresponding figures in that same lineup so I take it that it won’t be released for several months, or at least until Q1 2023?

EDIT: I just went to the target app and it looks like the Beyond the Gates announcements for Hammond Collection wave 3 will drop once a month between this week and October at two figures per announcement. I’m curious to see who will make the cut?

fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:37 pm

New reveals are Hammond Collection Ellie (original film look) and Dilophosaurus.

The cool thing with the Dilophosaurus is that the head "flaps" are removable so you can display it stalking Nedry when it looks cute before it attacks. May have to get it just for that...
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:38 am

Was able to grab a Hammond Triceratops at Target today.

It's smaller than I'd like, and I wish the mouth would open, but I love it.
panther10

Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:58 am

SalemCrow wrote:Was able to grab a Hammond Triceratops at Target today.

It's smaller than I'd like, and I wish the mouth would open, but I love it.
Small is a understatement. It’s a god damn chew toy for the T-Rex.

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:34 pm

fac wrote:
New reveals are Hammond Collection Ellie (original film look) and Dilophosaurus.

The cool thing with the Dilophosaurus is that the head "flaps" are removable so you can display it stalking Nedry when it looks cute before it attacks. May have to get it just for that...
That's how the Amber one was.

If they're giving us poop gloves with Ellie, I hope we get a "big pile of sh**" at some point (maybe with an "apology" Trike?). :lol: It's a little odd they felt the need to include two sets of the same shoulders, instead of just making the forearms swappable.
panther10

Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:14 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
fac wrote:

That's how the Amber one was.

If they're giving us poop gloves with Ellie, I hope we get a "big pile of sh**" at some point (maybe with an "apology" Trike?). :lol: It's a little odd they felt the need to include two sets of the same shoulders, instead of just making the forearms swappable.
It’s because you can see a little bit of poop smeared onto the rolled up cuffs of her shirt sleeves on the alternate set. It’s a nice touch. And accurate to the film btw. And if we were to get an apology trike it would have to be one hell of a redo. That figure needs to be at least as large as Mattel’s Stegosaurus in their main JW line.

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:25 pm

Pic? The renders on Target didn't seem to be different at all. Though, I was looking more closely at the wrinkle sculpting than the edges that meet the gloves.
panther10

Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:34 pm

TENIME_art wrote:Pic? The renders on Target didn't seem to be different at all. Though, I was looking more closely at the wrinkle sculpting than the edges that meet the gloves.
I’m pretty sure I saw it in the Beyond the Gates video

Calbretto
Have extra testicles, will travel

Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:33 am

I picked up the Hammond collection T Rex as part of my sons birthday present, but he found the box and I let him open it up early. I was excited to see the articulation and play with it out of the box myself. It’s a really nice toy and having a blast playing with it.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:40 am

Found the Ceratosaurus, and it’s awesome! Ceratosaurus has been one of my favorite dinosaurs since I was a little kid. This figure came out really nice. Love the articulation on these Hammond collection figures.

fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:35 am

According to the Collect Jurassic website, here are some upcoming Hammond Collection items:

Robert Muldoon
Ray Arnold
Pachycephalosaurus (The Lost World)
Velociraptor (Jurassic Park 3)

Geosternbergia (The Lost World / Concept)
Ankylosaurus
Concavenator

Other things of note for 2023:
- JP 30th Anniversary will include some "Human, Dinosaur & Hatchling Packs" (which I hope means Henry Wu), and at least one vehicle and one larger dino in the "Real Feel" style.
- A dozen new dino species in the main line:
Austroraptor
Diabloceratops
Dryptosaurus
Elaphrosaurus
Elasmosaurus
Eocarcharia
Genyodectes Serus
Gigantspinosaurus
Kronosaurus
Nothosaurus
Sinotyrannus