Hasbro's Starting Line Up

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Hasbro's Starting Line Up

Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:08 pm

Discogod wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:21 am
TheSameIdiot wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:20 am
Discogod wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:24 pm
Yeah, I think you get to a certain age and every player is younger than you, so it becomes less of an issue. I only follow the NBA & Premier League these days and I'm older than every player in both leagues - hell, some of my favourite players are 20 years younger than me!

Who is your Premier League team? It’s still something of a novelty in the states, so unfortunately I don’t have anyone to discuss/argue with.
I'm a Man City fan. How about yourself?

I think that's the worst answer you could've given me. :lol: Liverpool.
Discogod
prefers hot chicks to Fwooshers

Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:10 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Discogod wrote:
TheSameIdiot wrote:

Who is your Premier League team? It’s still something of a novelty in the states, so unfortunately I don’t have anyone to discuss/argue with.

Not gonna lie, I like the Liverpool rivalry - got a lot of respect for Klopp and you've got some great players*, plus it's pushed both teams to new levels. Not like the Rags or Spurs, them I truly loathe with every fibre of my being.

How did you end up supporting them?

*except Milner, a proper c*nt of the highest order
TheSameIdiot

Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:47 am

Discogod wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:10 pm
TheSameIdiot wrote:
Discogod wrote:

Not gonna lie, I like the Liverpool rivalry - got a lot of respect for Klopp and you've got some great players*, plus it's pushed both teams to new levels. Not like the Rags or Spurs, them I truly loathe with every fibre of my being.

How did you end up supporting them?

*except Milner, a proper c*nt of the highest order

I like Pep as well. And De Bruyne, Cancelo, and Gundogan on the player side. My trouble with City is the amount of money they've injected into the sport. This year's title race is on life support because Liverpool has started poorly. Can't say I love that feeling just two games in. We can at least agree on United. :lol: Doesn't matter how many times City knicks the title from Liverpool, I'll never hate them more than Man U.

I wanted a team that played fast and hard. Preferably one in a working-class city with some history. That kind of narrowed it down. I started seriously watching the Premier League in the 17-18 season and immediately fell in love with Klopp. By the next year, I was watching every match. Fortuitous timing with them winning the Champions League and Premier League in '19 and '20.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:28 pm

The render looks a little odd, kind of wish the base was wider. Everything about it just looks compact and squished. But excited to see what Hasbro has in store for this line. I hope we get different heads. Makes me realize that Hasbro can rerelease the same players every season and change up the head/hair. Was just thinking about all the different looks Curry and Klay has had throughout the years.

Corn Viper
HULK SMASH!

Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:29 pm

Maybe we'll get a full size 1/12 NBA Court Haslab in the future!
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:43 am

Discogod wrote:
TheSameIdiot wrote:
Discogod wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:24 pm
Yeah, I think you get to a certain age and every player is younger than you, so it becomes less of an issue. I only follow the NBA & Premier League these days and I'm older than every player in both leagues - hell, some of my favourite players are 20 years younger than me!
Well, I've always liked the Hollyhead Harpies, and my wife pulls for Puddlemere United. And of course it's hard not to root for the Chuddley Cannons....
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:36 pm

mattmurdog wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:28 pm
The render looks a little odd, kind of wish the base was wider. Everything about it just looks compact and squished. But excited to see what Hasbro has in store for this line. I hope we get different heads. Makes me realize that Hasbro can rerelease the same players every season and change up the head/hair. Was just thinking about all the different looks Curry and Klay has had throughout the years.

McFarlane made one for his NBA line a couple years ago. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... IONDf33Reg I believe his even connected to the bases the figures came with.
Corn Viper
HULK SMASH!

Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:55 am

Why can't we have a Build-a-Court? It'll have to be spread out through 5 or 6 waves. Good incentive for collectors to buy the B and C players.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:30 pm

I would want it to be real not a fake video game looking court like the one above. But I don't think Hasbro is capable of getting to that level of realism. Vintage McF was surreal even if the plastic was garbage.
TheSameIdiot

Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:02 pm

I wonder if it'll be able to support a player on the rim. The old McFarlane one could not.

I wish they would've opted for a wood design instead of black plastic.
MaxGoof
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:28 pm

I’m really surprised we haven’t seen any leaks at all yet. Either Hasbro is doing a good job keeping this series a secret or there’s not a ton of interest yet.
thewyldman
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:51 pm

MaxGoof wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:28 pm
I’m really surprised we haven’t seen any leaks at all yet. Either Hasbro is doing a good job keeping this series a secret or there’s not a ton of interest yet.
We also have no idea where these are in the production cycle yet as well. Do we even have a release date for wave 1 yet?
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:18 am

I don't think we have that info yet. I imagine it'll all be revealed in a few weeks. Based on what's been teased, it looks like they are still in the prototyping stage and things are getting tweaked and prototypes are being sampled.

I wonder what type of engineering this line will introduce. If I have to be honest, the standard Marvel and Joe articulation framework doesn't really translate well into sport action poses. They all have very stiff waist and hips.

Everyone's going to either be shooting jumpers or dunking. Will be pleasantly surprised if they can actually drive and not just be "articulated" looking forward.
MaxGoof
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:52 pm

mattmurdog wrote:I don't think we have that info yet. I imagine it'll all be revealed in a few weeks. Based on what's been teased, it looks like they are still in the prototyping stage and things are getting tweaked and prototypes are being sampled.

I wonder what type of engineering this line will introduce. If I have to be honest, the standard Marvel and Joe articulation framework doesn't really translate well into sport action poses. They all have very stiff waist and hips.

Everyone's going to either be shooting jumpers or dunking. Will be pleasantly surprised if they can actually drive and not just be "articulated" looking forward.
Supposedly there is a “pre-order” on the 22nd according to the Hasbro Pulse Facebook, so hopefully they’re farther along than just the early prototype stage. Image
dchimpy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:53 pm

Full-court/full-field sounds like a good Haslab concept...

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”