Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Garlador
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Sun May 22, 2022 2:56 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:33 am
If you can find good ones of the Ninjetti figures they are fantastic. It's just finding good paint apps that are the issue. Even some bad paint apps can be fixed with ease. But quite a few of them looked beyond repair. I just hope Hasbro doesn't think, if they go on clearance or don't sell through enough, that it's not because the of the figure choices themselves. Because it would be almost entirely QC issues. Which, to be fair, has plagued this line since wave 2. I don't remember very much bad about wave 1.
My first LC figure was MMPR White in wave 1 and the helmet was so badly painted I got a replacement from Hasbro.

The QC on this whole line has just boggled my mind. I haven’t had a single LC figure without some major and minor paint app screw ups, botched sculpts and color matching, broken or damaged joints, or inconsistent scale and sizing. I do Gunpla as a hobby, so I’m used to painting and touching up my figures, but I shouldn’t have to do that with every single one…

And since I’m not near a Target, I have to online order gamble on the Ninjetti Rangers and hope I get the 1/16 version that doesn’t have major defects? No thanks. This line SHOULD be my ideal wave of figures, but there are too many risks on top of the price hikes.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 22, 2022 5:31 pm

I totally get that. And I agree we shouldn't have to fix them. It sucks that we do. But the alternative, at least to me, seems alot more expensive or gloomy. While the Super7 figures or imports look really good, they also have that nasty high price, and aren't guranteed to be perfect either. And Power Rangers is my all time favorite. Not exactly sure why, probably having alot to do with giant robots and cool costumes, and the ones with Dinosaurs, or Dragons, or Space exploration, or time travel are my fave seasons. So its fix it myself or do without. So I've gotten used to it. And after I fix these things that I can, I do enjoy the figures alot more. I just kind of want other people to still be able to enjoy them. And maybe take some of the problem solving into their own hands, if they can. As a whole I'm trying to be a more positive person in life moving forward, spent too much time angry and down trodden. And I feel sometimes, you just have to do some things yourself to make some things right.

And honestly, I've also fixed quite a few things from just about every other line I've ever collected. Paint errors, plastic deformities, shading issues, and breakage have plagued every line since I can remember. PR just seems like it has a little more then some lol. But I will definitely speak with my wallet. If at any point it just gets to be too much, and I can't fix it anymore, or it starts bringing me more frustration then joy, I'll have to stop. So I completely understand if some people are at that point.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

K_Steel
Prognostibator

Sun May 22, 2022 7:02 pm

Rumor is MMPR Yellow merch will be a huge presence in Hasbro's 2023 PR toy lineup.

To coincide with the Anniversary Special in development. They're pushing this new Yellow Ranger character named Yen.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 12:59 am

They should push DT Yellow then and give it to me now.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 2:24 am

Welp, Target canceled my Ninjetti Black Ranger. There was "a problem processing payment". Except he and Billy were purchased at the same time with the same card. Billy is en route now. Thanks, Target.
Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble

Tue May 24, 2022 3:34 am

Pulse emailed that my payments for Ninja White, Pink, Blue and Black went through so they'll probably ship at the end of the week.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Tue May 24, 2022 3:54 am

MollyMillions wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 12:59 am
They should push DT Yellow then and give it to me now.
Wave 12. But yes, it's coming slowly.

The pace of Wave reveals and releases for PRLC has slowed.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 5:20 am

It's coming, but I want a picture deluge of the wave.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 6:49 pm

Kim just showed up. Nothing stuck, nothing broken, no blemishes.

However, like I texted Slixta...TWO. RIGHT. FISTS.

*sigh*

If she had two Crane Claw hands, I'd just do that, but everyone having one specialty hand and one chop hand is looking too uniform, so I can't even switch it up by giving her Crane & fist.

Yay, online ordering. Sure, Hasbro, go windowless. *sigh*
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 12:23 am

Honestly, these things have been happening for years. I'm not sure there's much they can do about a screw up like that, which doesn't happen often. But I do feel your pain. The windowless boxes are just going to make finding these problems in store impossible.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 9:09 am

I swear your toy god is Crom, Tenime. He laughs at you from his mountain. Every post on any subforum is a perpetual rain cloud and sad face emoji. Major Eeyore energy. If you need me to sacrifice a goat, let me know.

Did anybody catch the custom Hasbro figures?

You can go dev side on Pulse and they have a slew of figures from almost every line for 59.99 USD with custom portrait options.

Obviously it's a backstage testing thing, and there's no context for it, but that's kind of fun, even if only pondering how that works for manufacturing. I was thinking an app like some of the sports video games use to help get your custom player started.

And how would they stop me from just submitting actor traits to touch up the collections?

Ranger wise it was a red and a pink MMPR option.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 3:01 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
I swear your toy god is Crom, Tenime. He laughs at you from his mountain. Every post on any subforum is a perpetual rain cloud and sad face emoji. Major Eeyore energy. If you need me to sacrifice a goat, let me know.

My therapist said I'm what's known as a "Catastrophizer." :lol: I get discouraged very easily, and disappointment runs deep, even when expectations are low. The reverse of it, though, is I get just as disproportionately happy & excited when things go right, so at least there's two sides of that coin. *shrug*

The odd number of hands with no match is both an OCD & a lack of logic thing, and I'm on the Spectrum, to boot, so lack of logic (which is a major problem across the bulk of humanity) is a particular trigger.

But with everyone who goes from irked to full on raging about no vertical hinge on weapon-holding hands, I know I'm not alone there, lol.

(A goat might not hurt. Hail Satan.)
Child_of_the_90's
Avengers Assemble

Wed May 25, 2022 7:20 pm

TENIME_art wrote:My therapist said I'm what's known as a "Catastrophizer." Image I get discouraged very easily, and disappointment runs deep, even when expectations are low. The reverse of it, though, is I get just as disproportionately happy & excited when things go right, so at least there's two sides of that coin. *shrug*
This describes me to a "T".

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 10:26 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Did anybody catch the custom Hasbro figures?

You can go dev side on Pulse and they have a slew of figures from almost every line for 59.99 USD with custom portrait options.

Obviously it's a backstage testing thing, and there's no context for it, but that's kind of fun, even if only pondering how that works for manufacturing. I was thinking an app like some of the sports video games use to help get your custom player started.

And how would they stop me from just submitting actor traits to touch up the collections?

Ranger wise it was a red and a pink MMPR option.
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2022/05/25 ... ie-series/

I'm not only going to get myself, but if you can get away with actor likenesses, it'd be a cool way to fan cast roles or get unmasked heads for figures we didn't get them with (MCU Vulture, Mysterio, Yon Rogg)... $60 is a bit much to just go hog wild, but still offers some fun options for all the different lines.
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Thu May 26, 2022 2:33 am

I'm kind of excited about the idea of a selfie figure. And if they let us submit any ol' head, I'm in for a Masato Jin and the entire cast of Gokaiger.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”