Mattel WWE Superstars

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Mattel WWE Superstars

Wed May 25, 2022 4:46 am

My wishlist gonna be a little different just based on when I was a fan, with no repeats from WWE MOTU unless they don’t pass:

Edge
X-Pac (NWO, since we don’t have any DX)
Booker T
RVD
Kane
I’d take a Hulk Hogan too

It’s interesting how some characters, like Rock, NWO Macho Man, Triple H, and Cena blend into this new line perfectly when you take the gear off, but some like Kane and Jake the Snake defintely don’t. Some like Bret are missing the singlet.

Hoping this has a long tail like WWE MOTU. This style of figure really works for the classics, imo.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Thu May 26, 2022 7:45 pm

Oh, I totally forgot to mention.. in Canada these things are 33 [email protected]#$ DOLLARS.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:07 am

Hogan started showing up in my area yesterday and I was able to snag one. Just as fun as Honky Tonk and Flair. One really weird thing is that his shirt has the velcro in the front instead of the back, which I didn't pay much attention to until I had him in hand. I guess that's so Hogan can rip his shirt, but it really winds up being my only complaint about the figure.
DisneyBoy
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:37 am

Was there ever a WWE figure that stood higher...around 6.5 inches...of a black male wrestler? Preferably without arm cuffs or anything?
cannibal487
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:51 pm

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:Hogan started showing up in my area yesterday and I was able to snag one. Just as fun as Honky Tonk and Flair. One really weird thing is that his shirt has the velcro in the front instead of the back, which I didn't pay much attention to until I had him in hand. I guess that's so Hogan can rip his shirt, but it really winds up being my only complaint about the figure.
Are you referring to elite or Ultimate Edition Hogan?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:56 pm

cannibal487 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:51 pm
S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:Hogan started showing up in my area yesterday and I was able to snag one. Just as fun as Honky Tonk and Flair. One really weird thing is that his shirt has the velcro in the front instead of the back, which I didn't pay much attention to until I had him in hand. I guess that's so Hogan can rip his shirt, but it really winds up being my only complaint about the figure.
Are you referring to elite or Ultimate Edition Hogan?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Neither! The Hollywood Hogan in the OP. :lol:

WWE Superstars is the dumbest name for a line, because it's so generic it's hard to google and confuses people.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:31 am

DisneyBoy wrote:
Was there ever a WWE figure that stood higher...around 6.5 inches...of a black male wrestler? Preferably without arm cuffs or anything?
Not sure exactly what you’re looking for but the Omos figure should be out now and it’s touted as the “biggest” figure to date which it isn’t.

KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:40 pm

That Omos figure probably has better range of movement than the real life Omos.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mattel WWE Superstars

Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:24 am

Pics of the next wave of Superstars are up at TNI. Mankind looks so awesome.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:01 am

Here's the Toy Habits link if TNI is a no go: https://toyhabits.com/wwe-superstars-se ... ollar-man/
DisneyBoy
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:26 am

Visionary wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:31 am
DisneyBoy wrote:
Not sure exactly what you’re looking for but the Omos figure should be out now and it’s touted as the “biggest” figure to date which it isn’t.

Ok - thanks for suggesting him! He looks good...except I thought these figures had Marvel Legends style kneecaps and elbows...he doesn't seem to.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:18 pm

That's a basic figure. The Elites have ML level articulation, and that guy hasn't had an Elite figure made yet (though that figure could do more than the "wrestler" could ever dream of).
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:11 pm

The important thing to note here is that it's not a figure from the WWE Superstars line, haha.

Every time this bumps I get interested only to find we're not talking abut retro styled wrestlers from 20 or more years ago.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:07 pm

Yes, I think the generic naming of the Mattel WWE Superstars line is confusing people.

This is for discussion of the MOTU Origins style WWE line. Although not the MOTUWWE line, which this line is a spiritual successor to.

But it is not a generic WWE Mattel discussion thread. Those are elsewhere, discussed as basics and elites and ultimates.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:39 am

Ok guys,we get it geez. The guy just asked a question about a wwe figure it’s not the end of the world.

Anyway Series 2 seems to be hitting soon I just got some emails for my pre orders.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”