Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:02 am

I finally saw a picture of UE Kane with his sleeved arm bent. Oh, Mattel.
Picked up Legends Billy Gunn, his face printing looks really nice and complaining about his short boots would seem very trivial after Mattel decided to mold Kane's arm in flesh colored plastic and then paint the parts red.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:34 am

mrboshek wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:02 am
I finally saw a picture of UE Kane with his sleeved arm bent. Oh, Mattel.
Can you imagine someone telling you 3 years ago that a $30+ figure from a leading manufacturer would have such shoddy detailing? I have it in my head just to wait for the inevitable double sleeved Kane but I dunno. Seems like sleeping on Ultimates that I'm even half way interested in could bite me in the ass with their pricing.
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:07 pm

This is Mattel we're talking about here. So, yeah, I'm not one bit surprised by the shoddy execution of Ultimate Kane. :lol:

For what it's worth, the Elite 87 Santos Escobar has the same issue with his painted-on elbow pad. Give Mattel like two more years and they'll figure out how to paint the whole elbow area on the pinless arms.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:26 pm

Question: anyone have the Andre the Giant vs Ric Flair figure and can tell me if Andre is roughly the same height as The Bunny figure? I got Andre for a custom but The Bunny's sculpted pants and arms might be way easier if they can be swapped (as difficult as that is on WWE figs).
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:56 pm

I'm pretty sure all the Andre figures will be bigger than that old bunny figure. I believe the bunny is basically a regular sized figure.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:18 am

Awww darn. I thought he filled out the package pretty well, but that's probably just the ears.

Thanks!
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:07 am

I'm going to need that Ultimate Edition Hogan that was announced today in his Wrestlemania 1 gear with the old WWF Title. That thing looked great.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:50 am

Saw on instagram that Kane's Ultimate was getting a running change to fix the arm and mask issues. And Mattel will provide fix parts for anyone that purchased bad ones. So that's pretty cool of them.
H Class
Super Poseable

Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:04 am

jimbles wrote:Saw on instagram that Kane's Ultimate was getting a running change to fix the arm and mask issues. And Mattel will provide fix parts for anyone that purchased bad ones. So that's pretty cool of them.
This official? If so I’ll wait for the figure with the change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:25 am

H Class
Super Poseable

Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:26 am

Appreciate you posting this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:03 pm

Super Camel wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:07 am
I'm going to need that Ultimate Edition Hogan that was announced today in his Wrestlemania 1 gear with the old WWF Title. That thing looked great.
It definitely makes me a little less salty about my Fan Takeover Hogans getting stolen after Amazon left them on top of my mailbox instead of bringing the box into my apartment building. I was just planning on modding them into this era of Hogan anyway.
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:51 pm

Why is Mattel so bad about getting the proportions and tone right on these figures? It seems like an essential part of the process. I understand the need to reuse parts to save costs, and the desire to make their proportions look more “heroic”, but the issues I’m talking about don’t fall into those categories.

I mean issues like Stone Cold’s or Rick Rude’s arms being small as compared to the rest of their bodies. Or when they give softer more rounded torso to someone with 8-pack abs but then made a wrestler of average physique look ripped. Or when it takes them 7 tries to get Hulk Hogan the correct hot dog color skin we all know he had.

They’ve been doing this for years- why are they still kinda bad at it?
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:02 pm

I've kind've always regretted selling the blue-tights version of Brood-era Edge, so that new Edge is going to be hard to resist if I ever actually see one (ha ha, like that could ever happen).
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:00 pm

supreme-d wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:51 pm
Why is Mattel so bad about getting the proportions and tone right on these figures? It seems like an essential part of the process. I understand the need to reuse parts to save costs, and the desire to make their proportions look more “heroic”, but the issues I’m talking about don’t fall into those categories.

I mean issues like Stone Cold’s or Rick Rude’s arms being small as compared to the rest of their bodies. Or when they give softer more rounded torso to someone with 8-pack abs but then made a wrestler of average physique look ripped. Or when it takes them 7 tries to get Hulk Hogan the correct hot dog color skin we all know he had.

They’ve been doing this for years- why are they still kinda bad at it?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not laughing at you, just laughing at the fact that these things haven't gotten better in all these years. If anything, it's worse than ever. Braun Stroman's tiny hands that are smaller than Rey Mysterio's hands. Let's talk about Stone Cold. I had to swap out the thicker thighs from my Cody Rhodes figure to my Stone Cold Ultimate. I guess it's not a *perfect* fit, as it's just a little bit loose at the (Stone Cold's) knees. If they had used universal-sized pins, it probably would have been a clean swap. Stone Cold desperately needed these thicker legs; the pencil-thin legs he had weren't representing Steve, or any wrestler who's done a weighted squat in their lives. The arms on my HoF Elite Stone Cold were the skinny arms you mentioned; I had to swap them out with a Basic SC's arms. Why did the Basic have (appropriately) big arms while the Elite had little skinny arms?

For a while, WWE Elites were my favorite action figures. But the poor choice of parts and painted flesh tones were my biggest dislikes and as they botched the "key" wrestlers in my display (like Stone Cold), I started buying them less and less.

BTW, but did you guys see that they're coming out with a BAF classic Vince McMahon, and one of the figures in that wave is an Elite of the Ultimate Stone Cold? It even comes with one of the Ultimate's head. This kind of thing is so disappointing. Sure, I guess there might be people who want the Elite but don't want the Ultimate. But most people who want Stone Cold figures probably bought the Ultimate and don't need the Elite. Having to buy the same toy (well slightly *worse* toy) twice in a year, just bc the latter release comes with a BAF part...really trashy of Mattel's WWE team.

To avoid a completely-negative post, I will say, I'm very excited that they're making more RVD Elites. I might even try to hunt down the chase.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”