Ghostbusters: Everything else

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Calbretto
Have extra testicles, will travel
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Ghostbusters: Everything else

Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:55 pm

Is the new Ecto-1 "playlet" work picking up if I already have the classic Ecto-1? My kids are happy playing with he Playmobile one and I like the classic, but the new one is tempting me. The reviews seemed to be mixed, but tend to lean towards the toy feeling kind of cheap. Anyone have any thoughts?
psoul95
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:07 pm

Does anyone know if they are coming out with new Lego sets for the movie? I remember last year there were rumors.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:05 am

Calbretto wrote:
Is the new Ecto-1 "playlet" work picking up if I already have the classic Ecto-1? My kids are happy playing with he Playmobile one and I like the classic, but the new one is tempting me. The reviews seemed to be mixed, but tend to lean towards the toy feeling kind of cheap. Anyone have any thoughts?
I like the new version. The classic RGB Ecto always felt a little squished, to fit the needs of production. This one feels a little more in scale to the figures designed for it.

While it only technically has 2 seats (driver and swing out door seat), you CAN actually fit all 4 of the fright feature GB figures inside the car, which I think is a first for any of these cars. Only the doors on the passenger side can open, you can slide someone into the driver's seat from the right side no problem. The "launching" rover trap out of the back is also a fun play feature kids are likely to enjoy.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:43 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:05 am
Calbretto wrote:
I like the new version. The classic RGB Ecto always felt a little squished, to fit the needs of production. This one feels a little more in scale to the figures designed for it.

While it only technically has 2 seats (driver and swing out door seat), you CAN actually fit all 4 of the fright feature GB figures inside the car, which I think is a first for any of these cars. Only the doors on the passenger side can open, you can slide someone into the driver's seat from the right side no problem. The "launching" rover trap out of the back is also a fun play feature kids are likely to enjoy.
I like it as well. Ladder, and blue hoses are a win!

White-walling your own tires is a bit a of a trick, though!

http://terribletoyman.blogspot.com/2021 ... cto-1.html
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:46 pm

HasLab Proton Pack *teased* for full announcement 10/27
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:54 pm

yep we got a cool image that "leaked" it lol.
Child_of_the_90's
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:19 pm

Very interesting. Looks like we will find out next week. i wonder if it will be accurate to the first movie or if it will be an Afterlife product, or perhaps have swapable parts for both. I hope a ghost trap and PKE are unlockables.... though I doubt it.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:24 pm

Child_of_the_90's wrote:Very interesting. Looks like we will find out next week. i wonder if it will be accurate to the first movie or if it will be an Afterlife product, or perhaps have swapable parts for both. I hope a ghost trap and PKE are unlockables.... though I doubt it.
From the fittings near the legris elbow around 2:00 on the part visible, I’m sure it’s an afterlife pack. I’d guess stretch goals are paint and hardware upgrades.

Afterlife:
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:50 pm

I'm sure it's Afterlife as well....which honestly...close enough for me. And close enough for the casual observer. This is crazy news. I've wanted a 1:1 proton pack forever...just didnt' have the time/energy to build a prop. I also didn't want to shell out over 3k for someone else to build it for me.

I have the Hasbro wand and I love it. Great piece for the price. It obviously wont measure up to a high end prop made by some of the propmakers out there, but it's more than good enough for me.

What I'm curious about is if this comes with the wand or if we are connecting the existing wand to it. The current wand is still available to buy and it has the thread at the bottom so the idea of adding onto it was always there. The only issue I can see is the current wand has the sound effects built into...how will that work with the pack? Is the pack going to have separate sounds...will they interact with each other? It's going to be annoying if we have to buy a whole other wand....but at the same time....just wow. Finally.

Guesses on the price?
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:00 pm

I guess minimum of $300

Definitely will not come with another thrower/wand, but I’d guess it interacts with the Spengler one. The cosplay wizards retro-engineered this stuff, so I’m sure Hasbro has it figured out.

I wonder if the cyclotron lights will have swappable red/clear lenses, and if the lights will change like the game pack. Including those sounds on the Spengler wand is the most curious feature to me, since I don’t expect the game to be kept in cannon.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:05 pm

Does that sign say "GHB"? Are they crowdfunding roofies? :lol:
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:14 pm

Wait...they have DMC come in to rap about GI Joe, Powers Rangers, Transformers...BUT NOT GHOSTBUSTERS?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjtxJqrv-bI - 2hr 30 mark
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:46 am

The hype for the movie is starting to hit retail stores.

We got this display in at work over the last 2 days.

ImageGB afterlife by lionpride75, on Flickr
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:37 am

Do the RGB figures fit in the new Movie Version Ecto-1?
Ecto121
HULK SMASH!

Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:35 pm

ODBJBG wrote:Do the RGB figures fit in the new Movie Version Ecto-1?
I don’t have the afterlife ecto-1, but the fright features figures from that line scale almost perfectly with the RGB figures so I don’t see why they wouldn’t. I have the fright features figures of the original four displayed in my retro ecto-1 and it looks awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”