Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:08 pm

Rumor has it that movie is somehow caught up in some kind of copyright mumbo jumbo, so it may be a while. Probably also why we didn't get movie outfits from Hasbro.

I was moving my display around a little and I realized Magna Defender has the older worse kind of shoulder armor. At least they move, unlike Goldar's. But it would be kinda cool if they retrofit him or just plain redid him at some point with an unmasked head, with the new style shoulder armor they've been using.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:13 am

Had no idea a Metallic White MMPR existed! At least they made a new head - I like that they tried a different hairstyle. He doesn't look as transparent as the others and the pearl kinda looks nice.

Maybe on the next giant sale they have he'll be worth $16.73. :)
DisneyBoy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:41 am

Trunks3540 wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:08 pm
Rumor has it that movie is somehow caught up in some kind of copyright mumbo jumbo, so it may be a while. Probably also why we didn't get movie outfits from Hasbro.

I was moving my display around a little and I realized Magna Defender has the older worse kind of shoulder armor. At least they move, unlike Goldar's. But it would be kinda cool if they retrofit him or just plain redid him at some point with an unmasked head, with the new style shoulder armor they've been using.

How did the make the bird warriors if the movie has copyright issues...?
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:22 am

They were in the show as well. In the movie they were called tengu like the Japanese name. In the show they were called Tenga, and that's what the box had them labelled as.

MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:39 pm

Are we due an event stream?
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:44 am

After the last one? They can keep 'em for now...

I'd rather just get social media announcements.
DisneyBoy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:56 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
They were in the show as well. In the movie they were called tengu like the Japanese name. In the show they were called Tenga, and that's what the box had them labelled as.

Interesting! Of course they'd reuse them in the show...LOL they would want to get as much use out of them as possible. But if they weren't Ivan's birds....what were they?

I sometimes wonder how small the budget was for PR and how massive the profits.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:29 pm

DisneyBoy wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:

Interesting! Of course they'd reuse them in the show...LOL they would want to get as much use out of them as possible. But if they weren't Ivan's birds....what were they?

What were they? At the start of season 3 when Rito shows up, he says he brought a gift. Which is the egg that the figure comes with, and it hatches like a dozen. Rita gets all excited saying "You brought me Tenga Warriors!?! Squeal!" That was it. That was all the explanation given. That and they were supposedly too tough to fight without powering up, so they used the ninjetti morph to fight them.

Sent from The Void using My Incredible Mind

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:30 pm

mr_mxyzptlk wrote:
DisneyBoy wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:

What were they? At the start of season 3 when Rito shows up, he says he brought a gift. Which is the egg that the figure comes with, and it hatches like a dozen. Rita gets all excited saying "You brought me Tenga Warriors!?! Squeal!" That was it. That was all the explanation given. That and they were supposedly too tough to fight without powering up, so they used the ninjetti morph to fight them.

This. They didn't fight them very often either iirc. It was only rarely. I don't think it was every episode, but it's been a while since I saw that season.

mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:29 pm

Yup. It was several times in that season, but not every episode. Honestly I think sometimes the Tenga just showed up to have another action sequence and pad the run time. Heck, they also only used the metallic armor in like 2 or three episodes. Same with the Shark Cycles.
Some stuff was clearly just in there to sell toys. And when you had the toys, certain things seemed way more significant than they really were.

In terms of power, they were supposed to be the strongest of the MMPR villain foot soldiers. The weakest were the standard Putties. Then the Super Putties which looked the same but were made with a better clay. I THINK they were the ones who could also make the hand-weapons. Then the Z-Putties; but with the obvious weakness of exploding if you struck the Z on their chest. Then the Tengas.

I don't recall the Cogs in Zeo having a power differential.

Some of the foot soldiers in the various series were stronger than others. I'm sure someone has made a YouTube video ranking the various Mook troops.

spy0070
pwns from home

Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:22 am

Photos for Kira/Dino Thunder Yellow Ranger have leaked on Twitter.

First impressions look good for the civilian head even though the photo itself is lower quality.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:30 pm

The only thing I don't like is it doesn't look like she has a sword mode for her blaster. But we have 2 of those anyway with Conner and Ethan so it's not a huge deal. Plus they'd probably **** up the colors like they did with the other 2 anyway. They don't match each other.

SymbiSpidey
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:05 pm

I've seen this leak in a couple of places, but just noticed that Dino Thunder Yellow has double-jointed pinless arms. I know we got those with Dino Charge Pink, but these don't have the sculpted detail on them, so I'm assuming these will be the standard arms for the female Rangers going forward.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:24 am

SymbiSpidey wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:05 pm
I've seen this leak in a couple of places, but just noticed that Dino Thunder Yellow has double-jointed pinless arms. I know we got those with Dino Charge Pink, but these don't have the sculpted detail on them, so I'm assuming these will be the standard arms for the female Rangers going forward.
We also got pinless arms on the Gamestop color-swap two-pack

mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:47 am

Pink Ninja was on clearance for around $17.50 at my Target. The other Ninja Rangers did not have clearance tags.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”

Recent Topics