Your Home for Toy News and Action Figure Discussion!

Hasbro: Marvel Legends Titus Series Nova (Sam Alexander)

Another new character that has a torch passed on to him, Sam Alexander is the new Nova. This is another comic character that I enjoy reading about, and the Marvel Legend action figure is a great representation.

Sam is an average kid living in Arizona with his drunk dad, his mom, and his sister. His mom is of Latina descent and Sam’s dad, well, he’s a Nova, a Black Nova to be specific. The Black Novas, or Supernovas, were some pretty shady characters, and the BAF for this series, Titus, is one of them. Sam’s dad disappears and Sam stumbles upon the Black Nova helmet, puts it on, and presto whammo he’s a Nova. The last Nova. Because the Nova Corps was wiped out.

Sam’s got a lot to learn about superhero-ing, and his stories are a fun read. He’s another Earthling-headed-to-space cosmic character, trying to balance being a young adult, a son, a brother, a Nova, an Avenger, and a Champion. Life is tough for the kid.

The action figure is almost a new sculpt. Based on the Ultimate Spider-Man action figure, there are some new sculpted parts: waist, chest, head, and forearms. The figure is a solid figure and a ton of fun to play with.

The articulation is excellent, and there is nothing new to report that hasn’t been said before.

The figure does come with an accessory: a part of Titus and Phlish, a Supernova. I lost Phlish; he’s like this little itty bitty thing and I can’t find him. Sorry. But the best accessory that Sam has is his head. You can easily pop that sucker off and plant him on just about any adult male base figure out there. Granted, some fitting is needed on some bucks, but, yeah, instant custom fodder.

This is an excellent figure on a proven base and is highly recommended for any collection. But it is a modern figure and that may be off-putting for many Marvel Legends collectors who are stuck in the ’60s, ’70s, and ’80s. You can pick him up today here:

BigBadToyStore