Hasbro Pulse Selfie Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Hasbro Pulse Selfie Series

Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:01 am

JTMarsh wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:55 am
PG-Superfan wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:26 am
They announced earlier in the week that they were adding glasses but they weren't live today. I'd expect ongoing refinements.

That said, I snagged a Ghostbuster for $60 because I don't trust that Hasbro will renew the license.
As long as it genuinely looks like you and you don't feel like you got swindled that's what matters. I'd think for $60-$80 bucks they could throw in a printed name on the Ghostbusters figures lapels as that might be more endearing to collectors and major fans of the franchise. However, I'm happy with what I got, which is nothing. I have to wonder about other companies and their 3-d printed figures they make and if it'd turn out better and then just dremeling out the inside of the head on the statue/figure they give you. I'd envision eventually people on Etsy could start offering custom 1/12th scale heads that could look reasonably well done. The logistics might be difficult now, but I don't think the app really nails fine detail by any means.
I don't think you'd get it for less on Etsy. They'd want $35 for the sculpt, minimum, and probably another $30 for the painting, and then shipping.
Thor-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:09 am

Finally got it to work once, but not only does that face not look like me, none of the hair, facial hair, or color options fit me either.

I set one up and my wife was like, “Who’s that guy?”

So, pass.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:18 am

PG-Superfan wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:01 am
I don't think you'd get it for less on Etsy. They'd want $35 for the sculpt, minimum, and probably another $30 for the painting, and then shipping.
My point was less that it would be less expensive, as I'd assume it'd probably be more given that it's custom. Merely that it would be more accurate since it's an actual artist working on your likeness. So long as everyone's happy with theirs that's all that matters, but I think for people with beards, piercings, or non-soft looking facial features the app seems to blunt all the edges when it comes to making a genuine likeness.
Grins
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:29 am

JTMarsh wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:55 am
I'd envision eventually people on Etsy could start offering custom 1/12th scale heads that could look reasonably well done.
It's coming. Maybe 2-4 years away, assuming humanity is still around. You would only get the head, of course. You'd have to supply your own generic, throwaway body.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:41 am

wonder if i can send a picture of someone else that i want a head of LOL, its gonna be like hiring hasbro to do a custom head
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:13 am

Night Wolf wrote:
wonder if i can send a picture of someone else that i want a head of LOL, its gonna be like hiring hasbro to do a custom head
You don't send pictures. You take them in the app.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:19 am

I feel like mine actually turned out ok.

After a lot of failed scans
Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:05 am

After trying the app I found that you really need a still camera to have a successful scan and a lot of bright light to get a better likeness. That said, my last scan was just okay. My mustache ended up giving me extremely dark lips and it didn't capture my eyes very well. Then my battery died while looking at the different facial hair options. I'll try it again with even more light and my mustache pulled away from my lips and hope that helps.
Thor-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:47 pm

PG-Superfan wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:13 am
Night Wolf wrote:
You don't send pictures. You take them in the app.
I think he meant having someone sculpt a custom head, not the Selfie Series thing.
jokerjester
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:13 pm

I'm in my 20+ attempt already. It's not working for me.

My neck is already hurting from all that head turning!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

fletch137
Avengers Assemble

Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:32 pm

Got some scorn when I posted this to a Facebook group, but I still think my scan came out pretty good.

The real plus is that the limited resolution wound up taking about 15 years off of me. I'm on the up-side of 50 now, but I think it's a pretty good match for "30s Fletch."

Maximoff
no more subnics

Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:43 pm

Tried it but not a fan. I feel like the face scan was pretty good until it got put on the figure body and the resolution took a hit. Also looks like the stock head is too round so without a jawline it just doesn’t look like me. Hair options didn’t work for me either. Maybe the actual product would look better than the preview but that’s not a $60 gamble I’m willing to take. Need to add more options as well because my gf tried it and it looked like an entirely different person because it doesn’t do freckles.
Shoretrooper69
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:09 pm

EICzerofour wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:01 pm
I am so excited to get this in, going to go through my ML figures I got to finish BAF and see if I can find a plain clothed figure to use as a body.

I mean if I were you I'd skip straight to Sallah and cosplay Jesus.
Wrap an energy effect around the shovel.
Divine power.
In spades.

No but seriously maybe cast your head sculpt and turn this into a net profit.

os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:34 pm

I think the new Toht figure would make one dapper looking Selfie body, especially if the fedora fits on the Selfie head.

I'm definitely not pulling the trigger on these just yet. I have yet to see one that has even a passing resemblance to the people they're supposed to be.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:15 am

I'd say it captures around 75-80% of the look but still pretty generic.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”