Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

Thu May 19, 2022 1:13 am

That’s definitely Exiles Wolvie! The teeth are a dead giveaway.

Personally I’m excited as I’ve been cobbling together an approximation of this team with Captain Carter, Ragnarok Valkyrie, Blink, and Iron Lad. Wolvie will be a nice addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Thu May 19, 2022 1:14 am

Re: Mojo getting a regular release. Maybe they learned a lesson from the MODOK World Tour set - I’m sure they would have sold more of those if it had been available before the regular release MODOK.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 1:33 am

Is the tease supposed to be Animated Gambit I'm assuming?
Storm of the Vale
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 1:42 am

If there's plans to have regular releases of figures of this set, I'd definitely pick up Mojo & Longshot.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 1:57 am

Storm of the Vale wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:42 am
If there's plans to have regular releases of figures of this set, I'd definitely pick up Mojo & Longshot.
Wouldn't shock me if Longshot gets a single card with a happier face considering he's 100% new sculpt.
Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 2:02 am

I’ve never been into the whole Mojoverse thing, and I’ve been very critical of Hasbro as of late, but I have to give credit where credit is due. Longshot looks like one of the best figures Hasbro has turned out in quite awhile. Dazzler is yet another re-deco/money grab, but at least she looks good. If I wanted a Mojo and missed out on the Toy Biz version, this new Hasbro version would do nicely.

If this was three years ago, I’d probably go ahead and buy the set anyway, but I’m not going to pay close to the same money for two figures and a glorified BAF that I used to pay for a full wave not all that long ago.
MentalManipulator
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 2:24 am

I absolutely adore the MOJO set! Perfection. Nice update on him. I was hoping bigger be the scale they went with works fine with the figures. Way better then the previous one.

Longshot is handsome and cool as he should be.

I was hoping for Spiral (I'm sure she'll come) but I am very glad with this Dazzler. Seeing her, Longshot and the new Havok makes me dream so bad about completing the outback team! Bring us Storm, Psylocke. Rogue and speedo Colossus.

I would love if Betsy came in her pink costume but armored would be awesome as well (and I'm sure they'll go with the armor)

The packaging is such an amazing bonus!

Bravo Hasbro!
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Thu May 19, 2022 4:36 am

I think gambit has a chance at being the Jim Lee uniform version.

Simply because they specifically asked "with jacket or without". Which leads me to believe he could have swappable arms.

Some suggested an animated version, which anything could be on the table but I think the real hint was the "with jacket or without" question. If it was animated gambit why would they make him without a jacket?
hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 4:46 am

Well age of apocalypse Gambit has no jacket too. I think it’s more likely him than the blue/yellow version but I’ll take both.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 4:49 am

Because they've already released two versions of that costume with the jacket? Why not a casual Gambit? I like the idea, with a new, smiling headsculpt.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu May 19, 2022 4:51 am

I'd be shocked if Longshot wasn't released at retail later. Pretty much every figure with a unique sculpt sees re-use down the line.
tetragene
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 19, 2022 4:53 am

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 4:51 am
I'd be shocked if Longshot wasn't released at retail later. Pretty much every figure with a unique sculpt sees re-use down the line.
changing the color of the star & belts makes him the 90s version (he got zero changes by Jim Lee other than palette swaps) -- I could see them doing that as a later release
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Thu May 19, 2022 7:15 am

That Mojo still looks like a Mojito to me. He’s taller but not nearly rotund enough. He needs to be at least 3x to 4x wider than this. In the comics he was like Jabba sized, easily. Especially in the Jim Lee era

Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 7:58 am

All this talk of a regular Mojo release gives me serious pause for thought. I have no use for that version of Dazzler or the packaging, pretty as it is. I’d love to save some money by hanging on, but the FOMO is strong with this one.

Hopefully the pricing is reasonable enough that I don’t mind buying, or so unreasonable that I don’t mind risking the wait for a double dip!

maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 12:44 pm

Did they demonstrate any articulation in that tail thing on the back of Mojo's spider chair?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”