Re: What's next for ML in 2022-2023

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Re: What's next for ML in 2022-2023

Wed May 18, 2022 10:26 pm

Since they are doing Toei Spider-Man they might as well follow him up with Turkish Spider-Man as well. And yes they need to get the wrinkles and slight paunch in the sculpt.

Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 10:50 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:Image
Ha! Yes! Never thought I would see that reference here.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 11:22 pm

joedick wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:03 pm
No way that tease is for Gambit. It's for sure a swerve, they even mentioned how much they like Gambit...don't think they'd bring him up if it was for his figure.
Agent Woo from Wandavision

ditko
Thread Killer

Wed May 18, 2022 11:27 pm

WTHIOTina wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 8:02 pm
If they can do Mojo like this, they can do Cameron Hodge from X-Tinction Agenda! This gives me hope! Throw in bald mutate Storm and original New Mutants Cable and I'm in for the boxed set.
I'm REALLY hoping the carded hand means an AOA Gambit. We still need a few more characters to fill up our AOA displays!
I'm very impressed by today's offerings. I legit thought were would get 10 minutes with 3.75 figures and that's it. We got so much! Firelord, Mojo set I'm in for!
Hell yes to an X-Tinction Agenda line!!! How about a Haslab. Yeah my number one want is a true dedicated Cable - pinless, new legs, Liefeldian gear, hell make him deluxe with an armory. Genoshan soldier. I wish they could use G.I.Joe Classified for those.

Anyway 2022 is my return the brand since there is just a lot of WIN lighting me up right now. Gonna be expensive though. Spidey and MOJO are my standouts today :D
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 11:33 pm

Tenement Funster wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 8:43 pm
Two questions:

Does anyone think Firelord be a peg warmer like the other FF retros?
Is this the first Iron man retro card?
While Firelord is on my must-buy list, i kinda think he will pegwarm... the only reason i hesitate is because i'm guessing a lot of folks getting Haslab Galactus will pick him up. Personally i associate him less with FF and more with his Spidey battle and subsequent short stint hanging with the Avengers.

Bag-man looks great and a lot of fun, will i shell out $25 for him??? only time will tell. haven't had much trouble getting target exclusive so far so i'm not worried about that part of it, if he was a walmart exclusive that'd be a different story.

Mojo world is not my thing but that is a very nice set and a good idea for a "con exclusive" although feels like it would've worked as an amazon exclusive set too (probably not with such fancy packaging though). I wonder what price? My guess is $110 . $25 each for dazz, longshot plus $60 for MOJO (MODOK Plus inflation) ? sort of going by how Hellfire Club didn't really charge extra for accessories or packaging. here i suppose the figure "accessory" could boost the price up to $120 and maybe they are thinking MODOK is worth more than $60 - he does seem a bit fancier than MODOK.
JoshuaKat
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed May 18, 2022 11:41 pm

mattmurdog wrote:
joedick wrote:
No way that tease is for Gambit. It's for sure a swerve, they even mentioned how much they like Gambit...don't think they'd bring him up if it was for his figure.

This is my guess for sure! Hopefully in a 2pack with Darcy!
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 11:54 pm

I would love a Darcy and Woo 2 pack, so yeah....I hope that's it!
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 12:42 am

Whatever gets us Darcy! If Darcy and Sharon both arrive this year I will be THRILLED!!!

That was a good presentation, despite the awkwardness of shooting a two-man show with a vertical camera, where it just won't frame right. I know, Instagram... whatever. I like that Dwight didn't have to destroy Sharon's package but did anyway. :)

The Toei Spider-Man looks like a really great Spider-Man figure - it looks a lot more solid, if that makes sense? I want one just to be a normal Spider-Man. I can take off the bracelet, and finally get some of those web accessories!

I'm curious to see more pics of the Sentinel.

I like the flaming Q-tip, but Firelord looks like a Thundercat.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Re: What's next for ML in 2022-2023

Thu May 19, 2022 12:57 am

Firelord! That’s fantastic news! He looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 1:09 am

mattmurdog wrote:
joedick wrote:

I finally saw the hand/card and this image is the perfect example of why Jimmy makes sense.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Thu May 19, 2022 1:18 am

Definitely getting that Toei Spider-Man. I have the SHF. I have the nendoroid. I need to complete that trifecta.

That said, I wish they stopped being so scared of the retro-styled buck. I love that he's pinless, but at this point not putting every version of Spider-Man on the Lightning Collection-styled body is an instant loss of points.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 1:22 am

Saw this on Reddit. I think it's Morphin' time!

thekunk2075
CROM!

Thu May 19, 2022 1:34 am

good catch
Nate_Grey518
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu May 19, 2022 1:40 am

I would love AoA Gambit, but he didn't throw cards in the AoA
Morph I think is more likely
canprime
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 19, 2022 1:47 am

Here was my early reaction after the stream, not much changed:

This was an incredible livestream, and I can't believe it wasn't on their usual Youtube channel.

Let's see:

Retro Sentinel scaled for the Retro line, and perfectly fine as a stand in for 6" ML sized classic Sentinel???? HELL F%$&ING YES PLEASE!!!!! I have the Haslab Sentinel, and guess who is turning into Master Mold and pumping out a small army of Retro Sentinels!?!?!!!!! The only downside is price. If the regular Retro figs are almost $20 here (Canada), I hate to think what they will be asking for this guy. Doesn't matter though he'll sell out no problem.

Sharon Carter - Meh. Glad to see her for those that collect MCU, and I guess she could be used as custom fodder, but not my cup of tea

Bag Man - Before the reveal I could pass on him easily. Mostly because he was a faint memory for me, and a bit of a joke character. However seeing him on the Retro card back, and the overall look/accessories I'll probably cave and get him.

Firelord - Another HELL F$^%ING YES!!!!! Not only the Retro card back, but he looks FANTASTIC (pun intended). Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, can't wait to put him with Galactus and the other heralds.

War Machine - And the HELL F$^&*ING YES's keep coming. I so badly wanted an animated Iron Man Retro wave. I thought there was no chance of that with Hasbro going plastic-less next year, but here we are!!!! I'm glad that they hinted at more to come. The white/grey perfectly captures the War Machine look from the cartoon and toy line. Chef's Kiss.

Japanese Spiderman - Looks great, and a great choice. I personally won't get him, except on sale, but this looks great, and I love they used the Japanese logo for his box. Now to avoid watching the show again in case it makes me love it more all over again.

MOJO - WOW! This looks great. Mojo has a great update, while maintaining everything we love about the character. Dazzler is solid, and with the new head means you have a choice with the Retro carded version. LONGSHOT!!! Classic look is just perfect and works so well with the rest of the set. Chibi Wolverine is a nice little throw in/nod to the past. And can we talk about the packaging? AWESOME!! I love the old school TV and having Dazzler come in a remote control box is genius, and great synergy with the VHS packaging they have been doing. This is a great convention exclusive, let's hope it is reasonably easy to get (yeah right).

Gambit tease - probably another animated right? With a couple new hands? Cool, but I'm good with my Retro carded version.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”