X-Men The Animated Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: X-Men The Animated Series

Fri May 20, 2022 8:46 pm

I just finished making a "good enough for now" Morph out of an X-Men Deadpool body with the red and logo removed and a The Hood head that I got for $7 during the DDiscount sale. $7 for a head, 2 pistols to use on other figures (the bullet effects look funny and suggestive enough for any other Deadpool figures) and a civilian body for a change of clothes for Stan Lee or a plain clothes Cyclops isn't bad. I just hope his head is well done and isn't cel shaded so we can at least make other versions of Morph ourselves. I'd rather have him with the Retro Peter Parker brown jacket than the overly bulky fur-crested bomber jacket they gave Love Triangle Cyclops. Swap out arms and jacket like they did w/ HoX Moira would be preferable.
renfield75
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 8:48 pm

panther10 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:23 pm
He was based on Mimic from the Stan Lee/ Roy Thomas era of X-Men comics back in the 60’s who sacrificed himself for the safety of the team while posing as Professor x. And Morph didn’t die in the first season of the show. He was actually back by the season 2 premier under the control of Mr. Sinister and he didn’t regain control of himself until season 3 and was officially reinstated as an X-Man in the series finale
Changeling, not Mimic (for nerd accuracy). Since Changeling was technically the first X-Man to die I guess it made sense to use a version of him to "die" in the cartoon.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 10:11 pm

Got the notification for wolverine from hasbro pulse too. But morph was easily my most wanted reveals super excited that he is finally getting a figure
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 10:28 pm

sepster wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:45 pm
Ninjak wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:15 pm
I never understood the whole love for Morph thing. I couldn't stand that character when the show first aired. I was a long-time X-Men comics reader and I was like "Who's this ass-hat?" Then when they promptly killed him off I was like "Ahhh, now I get it." They needed a really unlikeable character to kill so that kids wouldn't be too sad when he died.

This is where I've always been with Morph the animated character. His voice was, and is, one of the most annoying sounds I have ever heard in my life.
YOU PEOPLE MONSTERS!!! :D
maschine9
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 11:27 pm

sepster wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:45 pm
Ninjak wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:15 pm
I never understood the whole love for Morph thing. I couldn't stand that character when the show first aired. I was a long-time X-Men comics reader and I was like "Who's this ass-hat?" Then when they promptly killed him off I was like "Ahhh, now I get it." They needed a really unlikeable character to kill so that kids wouldn't be too sad when he died.

This is where I've always been with Morph the animated character. His voice was, and is, one of the most annoying sounds I have ever heard in my life.
SAME, that and Jubilee were my least favorite things about TAS
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 1:11 am

I know Hasbro gonna Hasbro, but commissioning inaccurate art to a 30 year old beloved TV series with iconic designs *just* so it will match your also inaccurate re-use choices - ugh.
MaximumCrapping
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 6:58 am

I may buy two just to have the black and brown hair colors.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sat May 21, 2022 3:35 pm

JPC wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 1:11 am
I know Hasbro gonna Hasbro, but commissioning inaccurate art to a 30 year old beloved TV series with iconic designs *just* so it will match your also inaccurate re-use choices - ugh.
Its clearly drawn to match the series with the texture detail added to make it consistent with the molded jacket. But yeah ugh I guess
pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 22, 2022 2:27 am

Just watched Dan Who's Storm review. I like the general aesthetic of the figure, that shading and so on. Not a fan of the hair at least in terms of how it attaches to the head, but in general, I probably wouldn't mind having it in my collection... but it just doesn't offer enough imo. Not at that price. Not when I own the retro one. And not when the mafex one is on the way. I do think it's a perfectly fine figure in general though.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 22, 2022 4:05 am

Storm's hands look particularly shiny compared to her face in that review. As others have said, the electricity-fingers look like melting candy bars sadly. I'm in it for Wolverine and more importantly Morph. We'll see if Gambit looks notably different and if Rogue finally has that definitive 90s Rogue head sculpt. Since Storm and Jean have underwhelmed, I can only temper my expectations on anyone else. Hopefully Morph wont be a letdown.
ig64
Hot Female Designated Assassin Droid

Mon May 23, 2022 5:02 pm

RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 23, 2022 5:12 pm

Sculpted on thigh straps, fancy.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 23, 2022 5:14 pm

RoyalCollector wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:12 pm
Sculpted on thigh straps, fancy.

Yep, noticed that too--legs are pin-less as well so they're all new. Seems minor if you've never tried to position those straps, but I know from spending too much time doing it that it's huge. Sculpted straps is one of the things I've always preferred about the Mafex Cyclops, and now Hasbro has done it here.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon May 23, 2022 5:25 pm

Looks good for a new body on the Cyclops release for this line, plus a regular release for the uniform Jim Lee look soon. Nice surprise here.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 23, 2022 5:25 pm

On one hand the face doesn't really look much like the animated character - but on the other I'd call it a pretty good representation of the character for a general X-Men shelf. The cel shading isn't overdone so I'd argue he would fit in fine with normal legends. Also love the new legs. Obviously animated Cyclops is going to get those but I wonder if this is also prep for a future 90's X-Men card reissue as well?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”