X-Men Retro Legends

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
MentalManipulator
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: X-Men Retro Legends

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:45 pm

useasneeded4pain wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:11 pm
MentalManipulator wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:55 pm
Glad for people who will finally be getting Dark Phoenix and Avalanche as well. Cool they kind of super confirmed Blob as well.
What did they say/hint about Blob?
They revealed Avalanche and were naming all the Brotherhood members they already released and acknowledging how important it is for them to finishing teams for the fans.
PurpleLantern
Super Poseable

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:50 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:37 pm
TheSameIdiot wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:31 pm

Haha, what? Hasbro is profiting on the figures themselves and then doubling up with the sale profit. Do they really have to pump up the price, too?
Seriously! Less overhead, and a large percentage of customers pay a premium membership as well - but go ahead and charge a little more!

Unless it's a case of BBTS just charging less on their own, but Im not sure if retailers are allowed to do that.
No middleman taking cut of profit and customer paying for shipping. Making out like bandits already, so let's not encourage them to price gouge by suggesting regular figure be deluxe. Blob could be deluxe due to more material used.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:51 pm

All of Spiral's hands are sword hands with a up/down hinge. :drool:

They put the absolute work into this. Pinless, double elbows, maintained the ab joint, new thigh pieces, 6 weapons.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:59 pm

MentalManipulator wrote:
They revealed Avalanche and were naming all the Brotherhood members they already released and acknowledging how important it is for them to finishing teams for the fans.
And while I'll agree that was probably a veiled hint at Blob... I'm not going to hold my breath that Destiny was also part of that hint. She's become prominent in the recent X-books, she's a vital member of Mystique's Brotherhood and I'm really hoping they'll find an avenue to get her in figure form. Once we have a classic Avalanche (finally) Destiny and Unus will be the big Brotherhood members missing.

Wah... and now I've started thinking about all the classic X-Men villains we still need in this line and it makes me depressed...
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:04 am

It’s an awesome wave. Pretty much perfect across the board. However, I’m sticking to my plan with marvel legends. I’ll wait for all of these to go on sale. Unless it’s a fan channel exclusive I’m just not paying full price on stuff anymore. And given that fan channel exclusives have gone up so much in price I need to offset the cost…so sales. My goal for the wave is $120 but I think I can eventually get it for $80.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

MentalManipulator wrote:
useasneeded4pain wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:11 pm
MentalManipulator wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:55 pm
Glad for people who will finally be getting Dark Phoenix and Avalanche as well. Cool they kind of super confirmed Blob as well.
What did they say/hint about Blob?
yeah. Seems like they were obviously teasing Blob and Destiny
darkmoon766
Avengers Assemble

Everything looks pretty good. But Longshot's knees are hot garbage. I wonder if Robbies are like that.

Also, why are we paying 65$ for Dazzler again?
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:06 am

RoyalCollector wrote:

They put the absolute work into this. Pinless, double elbows, maintained the ab joint, new thigh pieces, 6 weapons.
No corners were cut with Spiral. We'll probably never need another classic Spiral ever again. Thank you Hasbro. They could have easily made her a $30 deluxe but put her on a $25 card. I don't see people complaining there.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:21 am

I kept saying "Destiny" louder and louder when they kept the hints going about the Brotherhood before the Spiral reveal. I'm thrilled to get an update to Spiral, but poor Irene deserves a figure, too. Maybe in 2024!
tetragene
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:25 am

the X-Men retro line reveal was a very pleasant surprise since they weren't on the leaked list. I hope this means there may be a few more items that didn't get leaked... like more 80s X-Men & 90s Avengers.

Spiral looks amazing & I'm grateful they didn't cut corners. Her hands have the correct joints for melee weapons as well. I'm getting a 2nd so disco Dazzler can have double jointed arms with sculpted bracelets & arm band -- now the mic can be positioned properly.
Ultramane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:25 am

instant preorder on spiral. don't think i've ever preordered any marvel legends figure until now. have yet to pay anything over $20 for one. spiral? with all that? worth it. this is the first time in years i can confidently say i'm getting my money's worth from hasbro
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:26 am

I said it before and I'll say it now - I will take more Longshots. This one is marginally different from the boxed set. I will take both. Happily. I love Longshot.
The original Spiral sucks, so I can't wait to add this one in with my little piece of Mojoworld on the shelf. And I'm always a sucker for Wolverines.

I'm legitimately tempted to buy two Longshots or two Wolverines because I do love those retro cards.

I wonder if there's any chance that Hasbro is going to fix Wolverine and give him blue forearms.
Grak
HULK SMASH!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:33 am

This is the most I've liked a wave in forever. The only downside is no BAF as I would've gotten it regardless of what it would have been. Without that extra incentive I might skip Madrox as I prefer the trenchcoat look anyways.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:38 am

Not sure where to discuss Stryfe, since he clearly isn't in this wave, but since all the "traffic" is here, I'll stick with it.

I never got Stryfe but I always loved his ridiculous Liefeldian design, and I still have the original 5" Toy Biz figure along with Cable and Deadpool. I always wanted to get him to go along with my 90s style updated Cable and Deadpool Marvel Legends but he's always been waaay too expensive.

So looking at pics of the other figure, am I nuts or is this an all-new, much much cooler headsculpt? And the colors are also far superior to the original. Different right hand, too? So maybe no weapons?

I would think that alone is gonna make people that were on the fence feel like this is a worthy upgrade. It pains me to say this, but I think I might have NO choice but to buy the 5-pack to ensure I get this guy. It's not as "disposable" as the shirtless Wolverine. It's just a shame I have no interest in owning the other four figures. (I was gonna say "Zero interest" but that's just groan-worthy.)
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:42 am

RoyalCollector wrote:

I actually disagree. I felt she needed way more extra's than she got. No magic welding hands, no magic effects and they gave her samurai swords. Which I can't really blame Hasbro because artists have decided to draw her with samurai swords for no reason.

The only saving grace is she looks nice and is articulated up the wazoo!

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”