Mafex Movie figures (MCU, Animated, etc)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Mafex Movie figures (MCU, Animated, etc)

Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:24 pm

MAFEX is great. They've been so fantastic for the last several years after their rocky start in the 6 inch world.

But man. The backlog of product is overwhelming. I honestly wonder who is slower, them or Mezco?

Every time they show something cool, part of me just gets sad cause I know it's going to be bare minimum a year and a half until I see it.
Rageasaurus
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:32 pm

os189 wrote:MAFEX is great. They've been so fantastic for the last several years after their rocky start in the 6 inch world.

But man. The backlog of product is overwhelming. I honestly wonder who is slower, them or Mezco?

Every time they show something cool, part of me just gets sad cause I know it's going to be bare minimum a year and a half until I see it.
Difference is we are seeing improvement from Mafex..Mezco seems to be taking steps backwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:42 pm

Looks like I’ll be selling my FFH Peter. This looks a lot better paint apps wise and the Holland head looks really good. I think the only other diffrence sculpt wise is the ab piece having the point vs being rounded off
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:15 pm

Rageasaurus wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:32 pm
os189 wrote:MAFEX is great. They've been so fantastic for the last several years after their rocky start in the 6 inch world.

Difference is we are seeing improvement from Mafex..Mezco seems to be taking steps backwards

This is true. The Batman came out 4 months ago and they already have a PAINTED prototype produced and ready to be solicited. Still at least a year away but that’s pretty good for Mafex standards
Rageasaurus
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:20 pm

Haven’t seen anyone post these yet - I think both coming out next month

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:32 pm

Anyone get their Doctor Strange from AmiAmi yet? I have an order for that and the reissued Return of the Jedi Boba Fett that have been sitting in an "in stock" status for over a week now.

This is my second order with AmiAmi, and they were late shipping my first order also, but when I contacted them about that order they shipped it within hours. Do you guys also have to regularly contact them to get them to ship?
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:16 pm

Yeah I got my Strange from them like last week.
TacoBelmont
Super Poseable

Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:43 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Anyone get their Doctor Strange from AmiAmi yet? I have an order for that and the reissued Return of the Jedi Boba Fett that have been sitting in an "in stock" status for over a week now.

This is my second order with AmiAmi, and they were late shipping my first order also, but when I contacted them about that order they shipped it within hours. Do you guys also have to regularly contact them to get them to ship?
No. Usually amiami ships things within a day of receiving the stock. I order a ton of stuff through them and generally get my stuff quickly.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:58 pm

TacoBelmont wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:43 pm
EnigmaticClarity wrote:

No. Usually amiami ships things within a day of receiving the stock. I order a ton of stuff through them and generally get my stuff quickly.

Must be bad luck because same thing happened with my second order--no movement for over a week, I contacted them and as soon as morning hit in Japan they responded and it went to "Processing shipment" for two days then finally shipped.

Got Strange in hand today. I'm ecstatic and have just two minor nit-picks--almost every accessory is brittle plastic and they all feel like I'll break them, and Strange's cloth collar is a bit puffy and difficult to pose in a way that looks accurate to how his collar looks on-screen. The two-level spell effect is the most brittle piece and feels like the most fragile accessory I've ever owned; I have no idea where I'll store it. But no breaks yet, and he's just absolutely amazing.

Last year Gambit was the Mafex figure who blew me away, and this year it's Strange. :D
Rageasaurus
Avengers Assemble

Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:55 am

Yeah I feel like Strange should def be considered as one of the top figures released this year based on accessories alone and how well they executed the Thousand Hands look. Not too many people talking about him prob cause of the high price point though.
I love that I can put accessories on the Figuarts MOM figure too.

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:06 pm

Do we know of any August releases? Captain Marvel and Loki have now been delayed to September from what I see on AmiAmi.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:31 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:06 pm
Do we know of any August releases? Captain Marvel and Loki have now been delayed to September from what I see on AmiAmi.
ESB Boba reissue
IG-11
TDKR Superman

Seemingly that’s all for August, everything else is listed for September and later.
hbprops
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:45 pm

Mafex Battle Damaged Mk85 and NWH Upgraded Suit promo pics. Anybody know of release dates, or are these still TBD?

hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:15 pm

I hope we get some confirmation we’re getting Tobey and Andrew with unmasked sculpts.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”