General Super7 Talk

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
dogtownbrigade
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: General Super7 Talk

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:17 pm

Brian mentioned a potential $75 price hike for Ultimates in July '22 during a fwooshcast last year. Cant believe this is actually happening
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:34 pm

In case anyone missed it, this is the justification presented by Matt for the price. I personally don't see the value, but I don't collect wrestling figures either. As long as the new Simpsons wave holds onto the normal price when it's revealed next week (presumably) I'll refrain from worrying about it.

Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:04 pm

I really hope that price is just for the Wrestling figures of Cardona and Meyers, due to the fact Super7 thinks they will just be making a very small amount or something.

I expected the Ultimate figures to go up in price, perhaps even this year. But I was thinking by like $5 or $10 like they had the other times. 1/12 scale figures by Super7 started out at $35, then Super7 changed them to Ultimate's with more accessories and better packaging, not to mention they got rights to some much bigger brands and had to pay more royalties. But they went from $35 to $45 when they were rebranded as "Ultimate's"

Then Ultimate's went from $45 to $50, and then $50 to $55. if they jump up an entire $20 at one time, and still think they are going to be making Waves of 3 to 4 figures at a time, at A MINIMUM of $75 a piece.........they are going to lose a lot of customers.

I really enjoy Super7 Ultimate figures, and I buy a lot of them. And I know Super7 is a small company, not at retail, and making very minimal amounts of these things. And as said earlier, paying royalties on top of that. But I don't feel these figures are worth $75 each just for the basic size figures. That would make deluxe size figures like Mon*Starr like $95-$100

Hopefully, this is not the new normal price for basic Ultimate's, and it just applies to Cardona and Meyers from Major Wrestling Figure Podcast.

And by the way, I like Cardona and Meyers. But how many people are going to pay $75 each, or $150 for both for basically two mid card-low card talents?
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:27 pm

Misfit wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:34 pm
In case anyone missed it, this is the justification presented by Matt for the price. I personally don't see the value, but I don't collect wrestling figures either. As long as the new Simpsons wave holds onto the normal price when it's revealed next week (presumably) I'll refrain from worrying about it.

I anticipate we'll hear Super7 told them they'd have to cut deco and accessories to hit the $55 price point, Myers and Cardona opted for a higher price to keep the deco and accessories, and the $75 price point isn't necessarily the standard for the other licenses. For $75 though, I'mma need the deco on their faces to be a lot closer to the prototypes than their first set.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:22 pm

Super Camel wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:04 pm
And by the way, I like Cardona and Meyers. But how many people are going to pay $75 each, or $150 for both for basically two mid card-low card talents?
I mean, Cardona is a main eventer everywhere but WWE and Meyers is an uppercard guy elsewhere.

They have decent size fan bases that pay for their stuff.

I'm not saying all the Ultimates aren't gonna end up this way, but Cardona's brand can justify the price tag because the people who like his stuff, will pay it.

Average joes aren't buying Matt Cardona figures to begin with.
dogtownbrigade
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:00 pm

I guess we'll see next week with the Simpsons if that price hike is just for these guys.
I'll tell you what though, makes me appreciate my Storm Jushin Thunder Liger figures a whole lot more. Highly articulated, sharp paint apps, multiple hands and a beautiful, faux sequin wired cape. Plus they're having to pay double the license fees. And all that for under $75. Definitely something that feels high end and worth the $55-$65 I've paid for them.
Toy Hound
Customized

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:30 pm

I was reading the description and it says it comes with a mini figure as well, maybe that is the reason for the higher price? I think a lot of people would be out if the new price was $75.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:46 pm

I'm desperate for Futurama's big three and some Adventure Time figures, but I don't think I'd be interested at $75 a pop. Super7 doesn't exactly MAFEX-quality toys.
dogtownbrigade
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:26 pm

Toy Hound wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:30 pm
I was reading the description and it says it comes with a mini figure as well, maybe that is the reason for the higher price? I think a lot of people would be out if the new price was $75.
The mini figure is just a small one piece figurine accessory for them to hold in their hands. Like they're holding action figures of themselves, neat,right? They were included in the first release too.

Looking at the promo pics some more...not really see anything too far off from past Ultimates releases to justify the increase...if that is really the case for the price jump. And Brian's figure definitely doesnt have a whole lot going on with it.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:14 pm

They might not admit it, but I have to believe part of the hike is just due to expected sales. They already did one wave so they have a baseline, are fans more likely or less likely to buy a variant? I think these figures are something they either really want to do or they promised these guys a second wave and don’t want to back out. And if that’s the case it might not be a bad thing for most collectors if Super7 is willing to upcharge the niche if it means keeping their price lower in the more popular items. Obviously it sucks for those who really wanted a second wave of these, but it’s how most companies operate.
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:42 am

Yoko from Super7 was on a Major Pod livestream tonight and confirmed the $75 price tag is not the standard for the other lines going forward.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:55 am

Johnas wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:42 am
Yoko from Super7 was on a Major Pod livestream tonight and confirmed the $75 price tag is not the standard for the other lines going forward.
That's a relief. Although I have so many questions about the viability of Matt Cardona figures at a $75 price point.
Burkion
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:20 am

At this point that's just on Matt Cardona fans.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:12 am

Burkion wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:20 am
At this point that's just on Matt Cardona fans.
I'm not going to judge them too harshly; they all have the last name Cardona.
Raelthorne
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:40 pm

Prices have gone up in Europe. Ultimates! were in the $70-$75 each range for figs in the last waves in all lines. With the announcement of Toxic Crusaders and the new Wrestling figs lines / waves have jumped to $95 each. Seems too coincidental and consistent.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”