NECA Gargoyles

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:46 am

Who do we have to buy to get Demona's caped wings?
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:16 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Xanatos.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:52 pm

I went to a different Target yesterday looking for Hudson, and not a single Gargoyle or Marvel Legends figure there.
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:19 pm

I have seen Bronx and a restock of Demona at Target stores around here the last few weeks.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:28 pm

I'm super excited to get Hudson. He's definitely a favorite from the show. But man is it a bummer these don't come with relaxed wings as standard. It's impossible to display more than one or two with fully spread wings so there's no way that should have been the default for everybody. I'm happy I have Goliath's caped wing version now, but it stinks to have to wait months for a different purchase to get relaxed wings for Demona and even longer for Hudson and on and on. If I didn't love the show and the characters so dang much it would be enough to get me to pass on the figures altogether.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:39 pm

I got to Target today while the NECA rep was stocking the shelves. She had a lot of stuff and I got excited when I saw a Gargoyles logo come out of said box, but it was just Demona. Hudson definitely hasn't been shipped in large quantities yet. I have to believe it's coming soon since Walmart had a few. I think it's been close to 6 months since I got Bronx.
Whitehawk345
Avengers Assemble

Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:43 pm

Misfit wrote:
I got to Target today while the NECA rep was stocking the shelves. She had a lot of stuff and I got excited when I saw a Gargoyles logo come out of said box, but it was just Demona. Hudson definitely hasn't been shipped in large quantities yet. I have to believe it's coming soon since Walmart had a few. I think it's been close to 6 months since I got Bronx.
They did an extensive interview in ToyCollectr magazine about the NECA line. Short answer is, this is still the effects of the pandemic, but they're trying to catch up and get this stuff to us as soon as possible.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:34 pm

Whitehawk345 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:43 pm
Misfit wrote:
They did an extensive interview in ToyCollectr magazine about the NECA line. Short answer is, this is still the effects of the pandemic, but they're trying to catch up and get this stuff to us as soon as possible.
Any other hints or interesting info in the interview?
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:39 pm

Misfit wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:16 pm
JTMarsh wrote:
Xanatos.
Thanks. Just to clarify is this the suited Xanatos or an armored Gargoyle Xanatos? I assume each is sold separately and we're not getting a 2pk of Xanatos?
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:43 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:39 pm
Thanks. Just to clarify is this the suited Xanatos or an armored Gargoyle Xanatos? I assume each is sold separately and we're not getting a 2pk of Xanatos?
Demona's folded wings will come with suited Xanatos, since that is the one I was planning on skipping.

Edit: I realized that sounds like snarky conjecture, but it is true. Suited Xanatos is the figure that comes with Demona wings.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:09 am

No worries, I assumed that was the case anyway. I think the robotic gargoyles (not including Coldstone) likely wont come with cape wings. I'm not sure I even need cape wings for Lexington given how small he has. Hopefully Elisa comes with cape wings for someone, as there's not too many human I feel that I need outside of her Xanatos and perhaps MacBeth/Hunter.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:40 am

Randy previously cited Lexington as someone who would come with caped wings for another gargoyle (maybe Brooklyn?) and Elisa probably will too (Hudson? Broadway?) which would leave one more of the main clan (not including Angela) unaccounted for (MacBeth?).
Odowan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:29 pm

Found Hudson at my LCS. Looks like he's hitting more than just Wal-Marts, now. I think he's easily my favorite in the line so far.
FlexionDynamo
CROM!

Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:17 pm

Went to Target hoping to get these Marvel Legends deals I hear about. NOPE. Crest fallen I walk through electronics, nothing good.

As I'm leaving, on a random endcap......Demona and Bronx! woo hoo.
Popoman
CROM?

Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:40 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:28 pm
I'm super excited to get Hudson. He's definitely a favorite from the show. But man is it a bummer these don't come with relaxed wings as standard. It's impossible to display more than one or two with fully spread wings so there's no way that should have been the default for everybody. I'm happy I have Goliath's caped wing version now, but it stinks to have to wait months for a different purchase to get relaxed wings for Demona and even longer for Hudson and on and on. If I didn't love the show and the characters so dang much it would be enough to get me to pass on the figures altogether.
Look out, the wing police might come in here and tell you how tired they are about hearing complaints about wings :wink:

But yeah, totally agree that NECA made the wrong call. At this point I'd just buy an accessory pack of relaxed wings if they put it out.

Anyway, good to see Hudson is hitting stores. I've got him pre-ordered with BBTS and my PoL is getting pretty big so it would be nice if he gets added soon, but it will probably be a few weeks.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”