Valaverse: Action Force

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
User avatar
Darth_Drakonis
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 4:22 am

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:58 pm

H-bird wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:42 pm
What’s the problem? Robo hasn’t been outright vocally supporting this line, and somehow that is tacit criticism?
Vala really wanted Robo's endorsement/support when the line was early in development. Initially Robo was receptive and seemed excited about the line... then suddenly Robo ghosted Vala and wouldn't respond to DMs or emails.

Vala thought there was some politicking going on at Fwoosh! and was disappointed bcs you could tell he respects Robo and wanted to work with him.
User avatar
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 10782
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:35 am

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:31 pm

Got it, thanks for explaining.

I avoided this line for a while based on Vala’s behavior and reputation, and to be honest I still feel a little iffy about supporting it. Seems to me like he’s made a big effort to clean up his act recently - I don’t think he’s done anything warranting a lifetime of disapproval, so good for him. But I don’t see how he could be surprised people might not jump at the chance to work with him.
User avatar
badguy543
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Toledo Oh
Posts: 1176
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:11 am

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:43 pm

I can't speak for anyone but myself but when he did his first kickstarter the only thing Vala did around here was bad talk the guy who tried to do Army Alphas, then the blanks then the Skeletons who was a fellow Fwoosher that many of us supported. When he saw the guy was having trouble, he didn't step in and try to help he was just talking negative and insulting us for supporting the guy. All that industry knowledge that could have been used to help a guy who was clearly in over his head but was ambitious enough to at least try to fill that void (the void being 6 inch military style figures for anyone who wasn't a member here before GI Joe Classified came out or those who have forgotten) for his fellow collectors, but no he chose to kick the man when he was down and shit on his supporters. Now that did turn out to be a disaster and I lost a couple of hundred dollars believing in a fellow Fwoosher, and to his credit the action force stuff looks great especially those Scarab troopers. But based on the way he acted toward this community I refuse to support his products. I know he could care less as well as his supporters cause its two tears in bucket but it matters to me. To quote Big Worm "It's the principle Smokey". Robo seems like the kind of dude that generally keeps a positive attitude toward the hobby and with all the drama this line kicked up he probably thought it better to avoid it but only he would know that. Similar to how I don't post in this thread constantly trying to piss on peoples picnic when I can go have enjoyable conversations elsewhere on the board. Why not just continue to like and support this line regardless of what other people think and leave it at that? Since most of us here are not financially invested in the Fwoosh I don't think its really any of our business why they work with whoever.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: The Valley, SoCal
Posts: 6183
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:39 am

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:47 am

“Hater” is such a dismissive and content-vacant way to label folks who might be critical of something. Useless term, Kardashian-level discourse.

If Vala has begun to clean up his act, that is fortunate for him, but there have absolutely been legitimate reasons to find him unpalatable and unacceptable. If he’s making strides to be less of a shit-talking bully, then it’s about damn time. Objecting to that kind of antisocial behavior isn’t being a “hater”: it’s being a decent human being.
thewyldman
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:57 am

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:12 am

aceofknaves wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:47 am
“Hater” is such a dismissive and content-vacant way to label folks who might be critical of something. Useless term, Kardashian-level discourse.

If Vala has begun to clean up his act, that is fortunate for him, but there have absolutely been legitimate reasons to find him unpalatable and unacceptable. If he’s making strides to be less of a shit-talking bully, then it’s about damn time. Objecting to that kind of antisocial behavior isn’t being a “hater”: it’s being a decent human being.
Eh there some people that have taken it too far with the objecting. See the Hiss Tank thread for Action Force
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: The Valley, SoCal
Posts: 6183
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:39 am

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:53 am

Oof, I don’t think I’ll be wading into the mud of that hisstank thread. But when it comes to Vala, I’ve seen him be the instigator of so much foulness and insult-slinging and macho-douche posturing that I wouldn’t be surprised if he wound up in “live by the sword, die by the sword” situations. I’m not condoning that kind of behavior, and two wrongs certainly don’t make a right, but it seems that Vala has, at least up until recently, actively invited opposition in the most aggressive terms possible over the internet. Hard to feel comfortable telling folks to back off a guy who comes off like Vala frequently does.
User avatar
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 19105
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:13 pm

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:02 am

I find it funny that this is brought up when Robo has made it known he's on vacation, so he's not likely on the boards as much he might usually be.

Coincidence?

Image
User avatar
Raptor86
CROM!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Palermo, Italy
Posts: 876
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:35 pm

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:48 am

badguy543 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:43 pm
I can't speak for anyone but myself but when he did his first kickstarter the only thing Vala did around here was bad talk the guy who tried to do Army Alphas, then the blanks then the Skeletons who was a fellow Fwoosher that many of us supported. When he saw the guy was having trouble, he didn't step in and try to help he was just talking negative and insulting us for supporting the guy.
Well, Vala was right about Army Alphas though.

IIRC, Vala started talking negatively about Cryptid Toys when he began a SECOND KS campaign, before delivering the first one: his point that this would bring a bad light on other KS campaigns was fair.

I appreciate that you took losing hundreds of dollars so sportingly, but some didn't. I would love to get the Army Alphas SWAT, as I don't feel any other companies have nailed that same look.
burnside986
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:02 pm

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:51 pm

H-bird wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:31 pm
Got it, thanks for explaining.

I avoided this line for a while based on Vala’s behavior and reputation, and to be honest I still feel a little iffy about supporting it. Seems to me like he’s made a big effort to clean up his act recently - I don’t think he’s done anything warranting a lifetime of disapproval, so good for him. But I don’t see how he could be surprised people might not jump at the chance to work with him.
He immediately was a shitbag after the Hasbro reveal of Snow Job the other week. He hasnt cleaned up shit.

EDIT He was being sASSy about Low Light, my bad.
-Fenrys-
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:25 pm

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:00 pm

burnside986 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:51 pm
H-bird wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:31 pm
Got it, thanks for explaining.

I avoided this line for a while based on Vala’s behavior and reputation, and to be honest I still feel a little iffy about supporting it. Seems to me like he’s made a big effort to clean up his act recently - I don’t think he’s done anything warranting a lifetime of disapproval, so good for him. But I don’t see how he could be surprised people might not jump at the chance to work with him.
He immediately was a shitbag after the Hasbro reveal of Snow Job the other week. He hasnt cleaned up shit.
Same for the Lowlight reveal
fletch137
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:02 am

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:53 am

burnside986 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:51 pm
He immediately was a shitbag after the Hasbro reveal of Snow Job the other week. He hasnt cleaned up shit.
I'm going to take a risk and ask what he could possibly have to say about Snowjob? It's an awesome figure absolutely loaded with stuff.

You can private message me if we want to keep his crap out of Fwoosh threads.
User avatar
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1755
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:16 pm

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:28 am

lol I just saw him making fun of Hasbro employees (Lenny? Carl?) for copying his POC Lowlight loadout design on the new Classified Lowlight. I think that older figure was and is great, one of the best Joes of that scale (post O-ring Joes). But dang what a little baby comment. A tweet that had pictures of both and said something like, "I designed this Low Light figure, nice to see the new one borrowing elements from my design!" or something would have had the same effect without the sass. Nobody who's a fan of the Classified Lowlight figure is going to be mad that it comes with the cool stuff he designed for the old figure. It's neat that he designed it, props for a great figure, but that's it. They can do whatever they want with the new one and for many of us, "copying" the old design is exactly what we want.
User avatar
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4903
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:54 am

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:39 am

Someone didn't want to back and/or be publicly associated with a guy who runs around acting like an asshat?! WOW, how rude of that person!
burnside986
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:02 pm

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:56 pm

fletch137 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:53 am
burnside986 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:51 pm
He immediately was a shitbag after the Hasbro reveal of Snow Job the other week. He hasnt cleaned up shit.
I'm going to take a risk and ask what he could possibly have to say about Snowjob? It's an awesome figure absolutely loaded with stuff.

You can private message me if we want to keep his crap out of Fwoosh threads.
I was mistaken and meant Low Light.
burnside986
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:02 pm

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:02 pm

vicious7171 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:28 am
lol I just saw him making fun of Hasbro employees (Lenny? Carl?) for copying his POC Lowlight loadout design on the new Classified Lowlight. I think that older figure was and is great, one of the best Joes of that scale (post O-ring Joes). But dang what a little baby comment. A tweet that had pictures of both and said something like, "I designed this Low Light figure, nice to see the new one borrowing elements from my design!" or something would have had the same effect without the sass. Nobody who's a fan of the Classified Lowlight figure is going to be mad that it comes with the cool stuff he designed for the old figure. It's neat that he designed it, props for a great figure, but that's it. They can do whatever they want with the new one and for many of us, "copying" the old design is exactly what we want.
Wheres Ron Rudat at whining on FB groups of Hasbro using his stuff?

Whats funny, according to the historians on HT, is that Vala didnt even work at Hasbro till POC Low Light was well into development and was basically an intern and given "busy work" to finish it off
https://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe- ... -1428.html

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.