Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
User avatar
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 11275
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:12 pm

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Tue May 17, 2022 9:32 pm

Hmm.... the only two I'd be interested in are the Mino and the Jaguar - so I'd have to secure the show version to get that combo. If I can't ensure I get the cat head, I may still just grab the minotaur as a single later.

Hell, I'd love if they would just release some head packs that include various colors of those heads... I'd make all my remaining Legions Cats or Bulls.
Dek
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:50 pm

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Thu May 19, 2022 8:52 am

I was just thinking, paint the Aracagor body an olive green and give him a big old crocodile head with movable jaw and you got an instant sale with me.
User avatar
Count Drunkula
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:33 pm

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Thu May 19, 2022 2:16 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 9:32 pm
Hmm.... the only two I'd be interested in are the Mino and the Jaguar - so I'd have to secure the show version to get that combo. If I can't ensure I get the cat head, I may still just grab the minotaur as a single later.

Hell, I'd love if they would just release some head packs that include various colors of those heads... I'd make all my remaining Legions Cats or Bulls.
The cat head is OK on its own, but the more I look at it the more I feel like the bull head does not really work w/o the built-up neck piece...
User avatar
gosailor
HULK SMASH!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:44 pm

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Thu May 19, 2022 4:10 pm

Count Drunkula wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 2:16 pm
PantherCult wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 9:32 pm
Hmm.... the only two I'd be interested in are the Mino and the Jaguar - so I'd have to secure the show version to get that combo. If I can't ensure I get the cat head, I may still just grab the minotaur as a single later.

Hell, I'd love if they would just release some head packs that include various colors of those heads... I'd make all my remaining Legions Cats or Bulls.
The cat head is OK on its own, but the more I look at it the more I feel like the bull head does not really work w/o the built-up neck piece...
Yeah...and the Belphagor neck piece they use on him doesn't fit on the chest piece, its sort of held in by the actual head.
yorick_skirata
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:44 am

Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Thu May 19, 2022 5:43 pm

Funnily, for me, it’s the opposite.

I’m not a big fan of the regular minotaur/jagualian neck overlay piece. I don’t exactly dislike it, and I think it is essential for those characters with a naked torso (the head seems strange without it), but I prefer a them fully armored, like B’Alam.

In that aspect, this Minotaur is the best one, imo.

From these, he might be the only one I’m interested.

I like the orc too, but that head is too distinct for repeating in one’s collection, imo (and Vortogg is one of my favorite figures already). I try to avoid repeating headsculpts, a few end up different enough through painting to not bother me.
If the single one came with the regular orc head (which I don’t have), I would definitely get it.
User avatar
Count Drunkula
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:33 pm

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Thu May 19, 2022 8:18 pm

gosailor wrote:
Count Drunkula wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 2:16 pm
PantherCult wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 9:32 pm
Hmm.... the only two I'd be interested in are the Mino and the Jaguar - so I'd have to secure the show version to get that combo. If I can't ensure I get the cat head, I may still just grab the minotaur as a single later.

Hell, I'd love if they would just release some head packs that include various colors of those heads... I'd make all my remaining Legions Cats or Bulls.
The cat head is OK on its own, but the more I look at it the more I feel like the bull head does not really work w/o the built-up neck piece...
Yeah...and the Belphagor neck piece they use on him doesn't fit on the chest piece, its sort of held in by the actual head.
I didn't even notice that Belphagor piece. I mean, if it sits OK I guess, but yeah, it is intention sculpted to fit the bare torso...
yorick_skirata wrote: Funnily, for me, it’s the opposite.

I’m not a big fan of the regular minotaur/jagualian neck overlay piece. I don’t exactly dislike it, and I think it is essential for those characters with a naked torso (the head seems strange without it), but I prefer a them fully armored, like B’Alam.

In that aspect, this Minotaur is the best one, imo.

From these, he might be the only one I’m interested.

I like the orc too, but that head is too distinct for repeating in one’s collection, imo (and Vortogg is one of my favorite figures already). I try to avoid repeating headsculpts, a few end up different enough through painting to not bother me.
If the single one came with the regular orc head (which I don’t have), I would definitely get it.
Obvs disagree about the neck overlay, but regarding the bearded Orc head, agree. They really need to give us more and a wider variety of "character" heads instead of helmets - there's just too few and they are mostly too distinctive. Still, I'd take the bearded Orc head on multiple figures over the Attlus/Adamonn situation, which is painfully conspicuous if you have both...
User avatar
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles - City of Fallen Angels
Posts: 10929
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:01 am

Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Thu May 19, 2022 8:38 pm

I really want some more expressive heads in this line. Especially for orcs. We need some snarling and screaming Orc heads.
yorick_skirata
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:44 am

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Thu May 19, 2022 9:01 pm

Count Drunkula wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:18 pm

Obvs disagree about the neck overlay, but regarding the bearded Orc head, agree. They really need to give us more and a wider variety of "character" heads instead of helmets - there's just too few and they are mostly too distinctive. Still, I'd take the bearded Orc head on multiple figures over the Attlus/Adamonn situation, which is painfully conspicuous if you have both...
I understand, it´s more of a taste thing than perceiving it as bad sculpt or anything, quite the opposite, on the naked chests, it seems essential. And I´ve never seen one in person, which might change my mind.

I´m quite new to Mythic Legions, I actually have only 4, with 18 on preorder. So the head repetition problem has not yet hit me, although it´s already influencing my decisions (this Red Orc, for instance). The Attlus/Adamonn is a good example of being too distinctive. I understand the need to reuse molds, but heads are really problematic.
nilocomic
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:10 am

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Fri May 20, 2022 2:18 am

Can’t remember if anyone shared this but we got a big update on where some of the waves are at. Seems like late summer/fall could be pretty eventful!

“Since the very beginning of the Legions lines, we have offered these figures with a “preorder” model. The advantage to this model is that you do not have to worry about figures selling out before you can get yours, and you are guaranteed to get the items you ordered! The downside, of course, is the wait to get those awesome figures in hand. Well, the wait is almost over for some of those previously preordered Legions waves. Here is an update on these highly anticipated new releases:

Illythia – the first pieces from this wave have just left China and are on their way to us now! Shipments usually take 4-6 weeks on the water, plus time to clear customs, so Illythia products should start arriving at our warehouse near the end of June. We are preparing on our end to be able to begin shipping these out to fans almost immediately.

Any address changes for Illythia orders need to be made ASAP as we will soon start going through orders and determine how we will ship and start making batches. No changes can be made after this begins. You can email any address changes to [email protected]. Please include your order number and the new address it should be changed to.

Now, one thing to keep in mind is that this order will be HUGE – easily the largest shipment of products we’ve ever received for a single wave. To help manage this volume of product, we actually have multiple factories working on these figures. If you watch the weekly “Four Horsemen O’Clock” show on our YouTube channel, you may have heard our production manager, Chris Gawrych, talk about how one factory is doing the 6-inch figures, while another is working on the larger figures – like the horses and ogres. As these factories complete their work on the wave, they will begin shipping to us, which means we will not be getting just one monster shipment of all items. We will actually be getting shipments from the Illythia wave over the course of 4-6 weeks. The goal is to get these items out as quickly as possible, and we will determine the best order of shipments as we get these in hand.

Deluxe Legion Builders – production on this wave is also wrapping up very soon, and we expect these will be on their way to us from the factories at the end of July. Exactly when these arrive and when we will begin processing orders is still being determined, but our expectations are that once we begin shipping Illythia figures, it will be a constant flow of shipments from our warehouse as we move from Illythia right onto Deluxe Legion Builders. This process will take a few months to complete, which means for the bulk of Q3, right through the Summer, Legions fans will be seeing a near-constant flow of product on its way out.

Mythic Legions Tactics: War of the Aetherblade – the figures from this wave were split into two schedules, the first being for the Deluxe Builder Packs (male and female orcs and elves) and the later being for the Attila and Gorgo 2-pack, which includes brand new tooling. The Deluxe Builder Packs are slated to begin shipping to us at the end of July. While these sets were offered as part of the backing for the Mythic Legions Tactics video game, fulfillment on those will be done by our warehouse, and we expect they will be part of the stream of Summer shipments mentioned above. Production on the 2-pack sets should be finished a few months after Deluxe Builder Packs are completed.

Cosmic Legions – Hvalkatar: Book One – once again, if you watch our weekly YouTube show, you have likely seen some early samples of the work being done on the first Cosmic Legions wave. While it is still much too early to delve too deeply into the production timing on this release, we are excited to report that the early progress has been incredible and we remain on schedule for a Q1 2023 shipping date. There is still a lot of work to be done on this wave, so this schedule could change, but early signs on this wave are incredibly positive!

As a reminder, the latest information on all our “in-production” waves can always be found on our website’s homepage and at www.sourcehorsemen.com/about/release-status

Thank you for your support of these lines and for your patience as we work to bring these figures into your hands and your collections! We promise the wait with be worth it!“
User avatar
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1993
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Fri May 20, 2022 1:31 pm

I love hearing that Illithya is their largest order ever. Hopefully the line keeps growing so we can get ridable bears and A dragon!
User avatar
Count Drunkula
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:33 pm

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Fri May 20, 2022 1:43 pm

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:31 pm
I love hearing that Illithya is their largest order ever. Hopefully the line keeps growing so we can get ridable bears and A dragon!
...I don't like the implication that the Deluxe Legion Builders and Poxxus numbers were down, though...particularly given Poxxus introduced the long requested Wizard designs, a new scale and an anthropomorphic dragon. It should have been huge.
User avatar
MarvelLegendsMan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 634
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:02 am

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Fri May 20, 2022 4:26 pm

Count Drunkula wrote:
S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:31 pm
I love hearing that Illithya is their largest order ever. Hopefully the line keeps growing so we can get ridable bears and A dragon!
...I don't like the implication that the Deluxe Legion Builders and Poxxus numbers were down, though...particularly given Poxxus introduced the long requested Wizard designs, a new scale and an anthropomorphic dragon. It should have been huge.
Maybe I missed something, but where was that implied?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

User avatar
Count Drunkula
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:33 pm

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Sat May 21, 2022 12:32 am

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:26 pm
Count Drunkula wrote:
S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:31 pm
I love hearing that Illithya is their largest order ever. Hopefully the line keeps growing so we can get ridable bears and A dragon!
...I don't like the implication that the Deluxe Legion Builders and Poxxus numbers were down, though...particularly given Poxxus introduced the long requested Wizard designs, a new scale and an anthropomorphic dragon. It should have been huge.
Maybe I missed something, but where was that implied?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Seems to me when you say the preorder from 2020 is the largest ever, and there have been 3 (or 4 including whatever the sci-fi line is called) other preorders since, it stands to reason those 3 or 4 that came after did not put up the same numbers...
User avatar
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: WA State
Posts: 4212
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:43 am

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Sat May 21, 2022 12:55 am

Count Drunkula wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 12:32 am



Seems to me when you say the preorder from 2020 is the largest ever, and there have been 3 (or 4 including whatever the sci-fi line is called) other preorders since, it stands to reason those 3 or 4 that came after did not put up the same numbers...

I wouldn't read too much into it. The quote is:

"Now, one thing to keep in mind is that this order will be HUGE – easily the largest shipment of products we’ve ever received for a single wave."

"We've ever Received", is past tense. It does not imply future orders are not larger. Nor do I think whomever was writing it was going out of their way to indicate any kind of state of affairs. Anything implied would likely be accidental in nature.

That said, would I be surprised if that wave had more orders? Maybe not. That was a pretty good wave. I know I spent more on that wave than subsequent waves. :D
User avatar
Count Drunkula
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:33 pm

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Sat May 21, 2022 4:29 am

christianpyro wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 12:55 am
Count Drunkula wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 12:32 am



Seems to me when you say the preorder from 2020 is the largest ever, and there have been 3 (or 4 including whatever the sci-fi line is called) other preorders since, it stands to reason those 3 or 4 that came after did not put up the same numbers...

I wouldn't read too much into it. The quote is:

"Now, one thing to keep in mind is that this order will be HUGE – easily the largest shipment of products we’ve ever received for a single wave."

"We've ever Received", is past tense. It does not imply future orders are not larger. Nor do I think whomever was writing it was going out of their way to indicate any kind of state of affairs. Anything implied would likely be accidental in nature.

That said, would I be surprised if that wave had more orders? Maybe not. That was a pretty good wave. I know I spent more on that wave than subsequent waves. :D
Well, that's why I characterized it as an implication, not a statement of fact.

Anyway, agreed on Illythia is a damn good wave for vampire fans and for customizers, plus it was around the time of the Illythia preorder that all the sleeping folks seemed to suddenly realize that 'hey, this company is making the literal Four Horsemen and I want in!'

As far as customizing/kitbashing goes, I know went back to BBTS in order to double dip on a few because of all the ideas I have for the parts. I'm sure the folks who are more heavily into customizing have at least as many uses for those new pieces as I do, probably a lot more.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”