Star Wars The Vintage Collection

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:19 pm

I don't think it's a mistake at all, otherwise they would've corrected it at some point over the year or so it was up for PO.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:34 pm

Yea I found 1 exclusive Fett and they didn't even have a peg for it. It was on the rack with the box set stuff so I didn't even see a price. He looks fine, but the soft goods look a little bad, at least in package. I have the 6 inch so I'm good on it, but I got it for my dad. Didn't even check the price at checkout either, just assumed it was $16, and I was getting a bunch of other stuff too so I didn't even think twice about it. Checked my receipt and sure enough, he was $21. If I would've known I probably wouldn't have gotten him. Stupid Hasbro and their Boba Fett tax.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

MisterPL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:06 am

My Walmart exclusive R2-D2 just got delayed even further. It was supposed to arrive 10/1, then 10/4, and now 10/14. When did FedEx become USPS?

And I wish my Target had more Mayfelds in stock at $4! I'd be picking up a couple more at that price.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:23 pm

Pulse shipping out Morak Din Djarin, ARC Trooper Jesse, Mandalorian Super Commando Captain, Mandalorian Death Watch Airborne Trooper, Figrin D'an, and 332nd Ahsoka's Clone Trooper.

Phase 1 Clonetrooper and Antoc Merrick's Astromech are incoming.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:32 pm

I got the charge and notice for those as well. But I didnt get one for Merricks Astromech. Definitely need that little guy to go with Antoc & his X-Wing!
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:08 pm

I just saw a peg full of mint Axe Woves at a local Target. Wanted to buy and and exchange a warped one I got from the website, but laziness kicked in. lol
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:17 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:32 pm
I got the charge and notice for those as well. But I didnt get one for Merricks Astromech. Definitely need that little guy to go with Antoc & his X-Wing!

When I checked the order status for the items I mentioned, I noticed R2-SHW's ship date had been updated to 10/11 and the Phase I trooper to 10/10. Haven't received an email notification for either yet.
Darth_Drakonis
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:11 am

Re-releasing all of the Jabba goon had me wondering if they will do a 2nd run of the Khetanna Haslab?

It actually funded unlike the Rancor that they said they wont go back to bcs... well... unfortunately it did not fund.

TVC seems to be picking up more and more fans and a lot of new people have jumped in since that first Haslab... they already have the tooling for it... so that would boost the profits to compensate for the rising costs...
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:07 pm

I got email notice that Merrick's droid and Airborne Death Watch shipped.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:39 pm

I think I should've canceled the clone pack. Too late now, they're supposed to arrive tomorrow.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:05 pm

Yeah, I waffled on the clone pack and ultimately passed because of those skinny limbs. They really really need to update that figure pretty badly.

Man, I have received so many shipping notifications from Hasbro the last few days that now I've completely lost track of exactly what's on the way. I just know it's pretty much two each of all the TVC releases, and the Black series disguised Fett exclusive plus Kreel. My hobby account has taken some real damage this week!
MisterPL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:22 pm

Darth_Drakonis wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:11 am
Re-releasing all of the Jabba goon had me wondering if they will do a 2nd run of the Khetanna Haslab?
If Hasbro ever offers the Khetanna again it will most likely be a de-contented version as a retailer exclusive. No figures, very few paint apps, and maybe $100 less than the original.

But I'd be surprised if additional retail exclusives weren't announced to tie-in with the HasLab Hasbro Pulse palace playset next year.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:45 pm

I wouldn't expect to ever see the Khetanna released again sadly, If it was somehow, I seriously doubt it would be less than the original $500 (even a cut down version).

I hope I'm wrong about that though! It's truly my only real grail at the moment and I would jump at the chance to get one at an affordable rate... I actually entertained the notion of paying a LOT of money for one a year or so ago at a local collectible place, but luckily it sold before I got the chance.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:54 pm

I would have no room for the Khetanna as is. I wouldn't have been opposed to a scaled down version though. I don't think every vehicle needs to be full scale. I can understand that as a crowdfunded piece, you'd expect it to be maxed out. But not everything needs to be crowdfunded to be good. I love having the BMF as the centerpiece for my 1:18 Star Wars collection. I use that as a basis for the other vehicles I buy. I didn't want something like the Khetanna, which was in one movie for 15 minutes before it blew up, to outshine it. Yes, it's a great setting/diorama on top of being a vehicle, but I had to pass.

Meanwhile, I backed the Razor Crest, I haven't even opened it because I have no place to display it. I'm also kinda afraid of how much better it is than the Falcon, but I also kind of think of The Mandalorian as a new era of Star Wars, and that counts for collecting too. I would wind up keeping them pretty separate, in a theoretical space that could actually fit them both on display!
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:07 pm

The crest definitely takes a large footprint, similar to the falcon. I have one opened up, but really struggled with finding a place to put it. I cant imagine how hard that would be with the sail barge.

Personally, I dont feel like it outshines the BMF on display, but that opinion could be purely driven by nostalgia!

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”