GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank

Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:09 am

Classified’s first Haslab teased at the end of today’s Yo Joe June Livestream with the sound of what sounded like tank treads moving. Most likely going to be the Hisstank. Should go live at the end of the month based on the teases throughout the livestream.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/g-i-jo ... ra-h-i-s-s

-Early bird Hiss Tactician Figure UNLOCKED
-Tier 1: double side mounted missile racks UNLOCKED
-Tier 2: Retro style canopy and tread covers UNLOCKED
-Tier 3: Hiss Gunner and weapons accessory pack UNLOCKED
-Tier 4: Micky Mouse Cobra Commander on retro card UNLOCKED

-Your card is not charged until the campaign ends on August 15th, no reason to wait to back!
-limit of 5 per customer
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank?

Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:21 pm

I'm interested, but it'd have to be something more than just an up-sized HISS. Something that size calls for a lot more detailing, and that much shelf space had better hold more than just two figures. Now, if they did a 1:12 HISS II I'd be all-in.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank?

Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:43 pm

So assuming it’s the HISS, here’s what I’m hoping for:
Tier 1: HISS driver (or Rip-It, with standard HISS driver in a wave)
Tier 2: ASP with tow hookup to the HISS
Tier 3: Cobra mechanics, 2x, Sunbow style
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:21 pm

An ASP is a whole ass new vehicle, that's too much to ask for a stretch goal. The HISS driver on the other hand should be part of the default campaign, making it an addon would be a dick move.
mikeysee
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:47 pm

A HISS would be awesome but I wonder if they'd go with a Joe vehicle first. Maybe a MOBAT or, as mentioned in the other thread, a Triple T to go with Slaughter?

I'm not sure I'll be in no matter what it is because of space and cost. I'd also love an update on our Skystrikers.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:07 pm

A Hisstank would be the most logical, the Cobras vehicles were always cooler than the Joes.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:49 pm

aceofknaves wrote:
I feel like with any vehicle, a driver must be included in the base offering. I don’t think we’d likely see many figures added beyond the first except maybe the final tier, and even then it would likely just be a repaint of some kind. I do like the idea of a mechanic. I would hope all figures are army builders so if multiples are bought, we don’t have armies of main characters.

I could see alternate sticker options being a thing like the Skystriker. Maybe some blast effects as another tier? I think keeping this under $200-300 would be the key to selling multiples. Anything above that and you’ll lose just about any multiple purchases behind flipping purposes.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:15 pm

Slixta wrote:
A Hisstank would be the most logical, the Cobras vehicles were always cooler than the Joes.
The Cobras everything were always cooler than the joes really.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:19 pm

Threash wrote:
Slixta wrote:
Agreed. I think that partly has to do with a lot of Joe vehicles designed to resemble actual military vehicles whereas Cobra was pure sci-fi and fantasy. Most military vehicles aren’t designed to be flashy, quite the opposite actually, but CoCo sure loves a bit of flare to his organization :lol:
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:49 pm

Buttmunch wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:19 pm
Threash wrote:
Slixta wrote:
Agreed. I think that partly has to do with a lot of Joe vehicles designed to resemble actual military vehicles whereas Cobra was pure sci-fi and fantasy. Most military vehicles aren’t designed to be flashy, quite the opposite actually, but CoCo sure loves a bit of flare to his organization :lol:
Same with the soldiers, a lot the joes being drab olive greens and beige while Cobra rocked dark blues, blacks and crimsons.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:11 pm

Which I kind of think is the reason things like Tiger Force happened. A way to get the same characters back into the line with more ‘kid friendly’ colors. I was probably the kid that ruined their marketing material. I always wanted Batman and Spider-Man as they looked on the show. I didn’t want purple Batman and beach Spidey. So things like Tiger Force were never really my thing although the classified ones have been fun.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:18 pm

Hiss Tank with the original driver would be amazing! I also loved the Hiss Tank II and it’s driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:59 pm

Classified HISS .................Ok im ready to swipe my debit card!
its gonna be pretty big if it does happen. it has to fit 2 classified Cobras

Thanks for making this thread Buttmunch, excited for this!
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:05 am

Well don’t thank me just yet, they could be toying with us and it might be something totally different :lol:

But everyone’s speculation since the start of the line would be that the Hisstank would probably be the first Haslab. All signs are still pointing to that being right.

I’m curious what upgrades they’ll give it. Maybe we’ll get a gunner figure? Will it have some troop carrier capabilities? Sticker customization? There must be some kind of hook to buy multiples is this after the Skystriker did well with the Cobra stickers. Maybe reverse that idea and have the option of a captured Cobra vehicle not unlike the Rebels stealing ships from the Empire in Star Wars?

I’m really curious how this all plays out and I’ll be glad if they don’t triple up on us again with Haslabs. That really hurt all three projects I think - especially the Rancor.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:35 am

Buttmunch wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:49 pm
aceofknaves wrote:
I feel like with any vehicle, a driver must be included in the base offering. I don’t think we’d likely see many figures added beyond the first except maybe the final tier, and even then it would likely just be a repaint of some kind. I do like the idea of a mechanic. I would hope all figures are army builders so if multiples are bought, we don’t have armies of main characters.
Ahh you are right, the driver should definitely be in the base offering. I wasn’t thinking there. Track Viper, the HISS II driver, would be a good sub for that tier.
I do think the ASP is doable as a tier, and would add a *ton* of value.
A “pre-paint” of Techno-Viper in HISS colors or Cobra blue could be cool as well.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”