G.I. Joe Snake Eyes Movie Figures

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Snake Eyes Movie Figures

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:19 am

Man, these aren't being clearanced for $5 yet? I might grab a Storm Shadow if it was $5.

With the movie officially "done" and pretty much forgotten, is it possible that Scarlett and Akiko might not get released? Or that they'll be "Europe only" or whatever used to happen back in the 80s to a toy line that tanked and then the last wave was super rare?
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:25 am

os189 wrote:Man, these aren't being clearanced for $5 yet? I might grab a Storm Shadow if it was $5.

With the movie officially "done" and pretty much forgotten, is it possible that Scarlett and Akiko might not get released? Or that they'll be "Europe only" or whatever used to happen back in the 80s to a toy line that tanked and then the last wave was super rare?
Scarlet and Akiko are currently starting to show up at Target.

And Storm Shadow is the only one of the first three movie figures that I got for more than $5.

Baroness went to $5 at Amazon and Gamestop just a couple of weeks ago.
Snake Eyes was $5 early on preorder day 1 on Amazon.
Lowest I have seen Storm Shadow so far is $16.99 at Dorksidetoys.

Just remember it's not very likely they'll go clearance in store because they are a wave in the normal Classified series.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:33 am

Cool....good intel!!

I thought Scarlett was probably the worst part of the movie. Bad casting, bad acting, terrible dialogue and delivery. At least her action figure should move cause people love the character and it'll be useful for customs.

Akiko, on the other hand....

She was just fine in the movie. She had a lot more screen time than Scarlett and "almost" had a character arc. But the fact that the movie flopped (look, sorry to anyone that liked it...hell, I even kinda liked it!) but this movie FLOPPED HARD. Unknown character in a boring outfit from a movie that flopped hard months ago? I can't imagine too many people are gonna pay full price for this figure. I think we'll be seeing her warming pegs for a long, long time before ultimately ending up in a trash compactor like so many unsold Force Awakens/Rogue One figures did.
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:46 am

os189 wrote:Cool....good intel!!

I thought Scarlett was probably the worst part of the movie. Bad casting, bad acting, terrible dialogue and delivery. At least her action figure should move cause people love the character and it'll be useful for customs.

Akiko, on the other hand....

She was just fine in the movie. She had a lot more screen time than Scarlett and "almost" had a character arc. But the fact that the movie flopped (look, sorry to anyone that liked it...hell, I even kinda liked it!) but this movie FLOPPED HARD. Unknown character in a boring outfit from a movie that flopped hard months ago? I can't imagine too many people are gonna pay full price for this figure. I think we'll be seeing her warming pegs for a long, long time before ultimately ending up in a trash compactor like so many unsold Force Awakens/Rogue One figures did.
I have seen a bunch of people that plan to use her as a base for a Jinx.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

vicious7171
CROM!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:17 pm

Knowing Hasbro and GI JOE, the movie shelfwarmers will stick around, keeping stores from ordering new product, and killing the line as they don't get the better, more popular products that their core audience would buy in a heartbeat.

YO JOE!
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:39 pm

In my area, I’ve seen stores restock at least once or twice at Target and Walmart. However, they don’t seem to last more than a week before disappearing. Maybe the absence of Classifieds could be making some collectors pick these up instead in some areas.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:30 pm

vicious7171 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:17 pm
Knowing Hasbro and GI JOE, the movie shelfwarmers will stick around, keeping stores from ordering new product, and killing the line as they don't get the better, more popular products that their core audience would buy in a heartbeat.

YO JOE!
Unfortunately, you are correct.

Hasbro will not learn the lesson that a live action movie is not required for the success of GI Joe.
Yet a poor movie that is not really GI Joe, but with a GI Joe label, will damage the franchise.

8) $5 Baroness will be perfect for army building Nightstalkers.
Evil Monkey Pope
CROM!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:56 pm

Why is Pulse taking even longer than usual to ship these?
CO_Alex
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:35 am

The only movie figure I’ve seen so far is the Baroness at GameStop and they wanted $25.00 so I passed. I received SE and SS through Amazon over a month ago and Scarlet is showing Dec. I don’t have shelf warmers in my area. Having shelf warmers would almost be better than constantly having empty pegs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:35 pm

I have only ever seen a few random cheaper kid's figures or the jumbo Snake Eyes figures on store shelves, never the Classified movie figures. It may be a region thing, or they're selling so fast that the stores haven't gotten restocks yet. I work in the GM department at Walmart though, and I've never seen them at my store.
maczero
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:21 am

I encountered full pegs of Joes the other day at a Target in the sticks. At least three movie snake-eyes, 3 movie storm shadows, 2 flints, 3 lady jayes, and 3 cobra commanders. Felt unnatural.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:56 pm

After posting a few days ago that I hadn't seen the movie figures anywhere locally yet, I spotted 2 each of the Classified movie SE & SS figures on the back of a shelf at work last night in the Walmart toy isle. I grabbed a SE and left the other 3 figures.

He's nice enough, but definitely won't be Snake Eyes in my display though. Currently looking for a different head that works for him as an unmasked spy type.
NorrinRadd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:02 am

Had my first Baroness sighting at Wally today, and I promptly nabbed her. I think she’s cool af. Zero concerns re her neck (and honestly, if I’d not heard any of the neck hysteria I never would have given her neck a second thought). It looks fine to me. SHE looks fine to me. I like the face, the hair, the weapons, the leather. Nice ass, too :-)

Big fan of this figure.

Kassle
CROM!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:34 am

Neck "hysteria"? I dunno about hysteria but I def think the lower neck looks clunky as heck considering Hasbro's other 6" figs don't seem to have the same awkwardness.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:36 am

Giraffoness.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”