Does it Joe 6"

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Does it Joe 6"

Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:01 pm

Not only do I like that mod for a Joe mech... but I really liked the Lady Jaye/Dazzler mash up so much I'm going to have to do one for myself. Amazon has damaged box Lady J for $12 right now and I had an extra clearance Retro Dazzler already. Fun stuff.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:49 am

PantherCult wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:01 pm
Not only do I like that mod for a Joe mech... but I really liked the Lady Jaye/Dazzler mash up so much I'm going to have to do one for myself. Amazon has damaged box Lady J for $12 right now and I had an extra clearance Retro Dazzler already. Fun stuff.
Articulated Ninja has some great head swap ideas. Don't like that the title needed censored but his work is worthy of emulation. 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBeCfw0ujpM

If Youtube had video of the year, I'd vote for this one.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:02 pm

Fly4v wrote:
Articulated Ninja has some great head swap ideas. Don't like that the title needed censored but his work is worthy of emulation. 8)

Not sure if I should thank you or curse you for that video link. I loved the kitbashes - but it had me start looking at mimicking some of them and whoo boy. That Marvel Legends Shang Chi figure ain't cheap anymore. There was an auction for just the head that was $20 plus $6 shipping. Sigh.

And that Billy the kid figure... sheesh. And Bad Batch Hunter - good gravy, man. It would break me to build a bunch of these.

Even so, some nice ideas in there. I was kind of surprised he didn't do one using the ML Forge head and boot fringe. Seems like a no brainer.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:11 am

PantherCult wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:02 pm
Fly4v wrote:

Not sure if I should thank you or curse you for that video link. I loved the kitbashes - but it had me start looking at mimicking some of them and whoo boy. That Marvel Legends Shang Chi figure ain't cheap anymore. There was an auction for just the head that was $20 plus $6 shipping. Sigh.

And that Billy the kid figure... sheesh. And Bad Batch Hunter - good gravy, man. It would break me to build a bunch of these.

Even so, some nice ideas in there. I was kind of surprised he didn't do one using the ML Forge head and boot fringe. Seems like a no brainer.
You can curse me. :lol: I do that already because I want his entire team.

Thankfully I bought two Shang Chi when he first came out.

M'Baku, Killmonger with the museum mask and the Netflix Luke Cage are three easy call-outs also. The Luke and Claire two pack was less than the price of a single figure.

I have noticed since the Dragonhawk if Articulated Ninja talks about it... demand increases. Yes, pure speculation that shouldn't correlate since his viewer numbers are kind of low. But a few of his ideas have completely sold out even on Ebay. :ugh:

I just guess he is just such a zeitgeist.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:26 am

dont like the head swaps in that video, nothing really popped out at me. the only thing i like was those wolf hoods.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:13 pm

He headswaps with reckless abandon and never matches skin tones nor cares to.

Too wild for me.
pulpy fiction
Avengers Assemble

Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:36 am

Night Wolf wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:26 am
dont like the head swaps in that video, nothing really popped out at me. the only thing i like was those wolf hoods.
MollyMillions wrote: He headswaps with reckless abandon and never matches skin tones nor cares to.
Too wild for me.
Wow, you two said exactly what I was thinking. He usually has some pretty cool ideas. I like his stuff and what he's doing on his channel in general, but lazy kitbashes like that don't sit well with me. Maybe it's because I found if I try to half ass something on my shelf, it would bug me until i fixed it. I mean there are works in progress, but these are set it and forget it situations here.
On that note, i find i'm not a fan of when the neck is done to represent it is covered, usually by some clothing, and then the uncovered head is on the peg, without any indication of a collar or say the end of cloth/materials revealing the skin on the neck before the head is attached. Like in the video where Shang Chi's head is seen on the beach head neck. It looks awkweird. I especially dislike it when the big companies do this to their figures. It's cheap and lazy.
That being said he does say these are for him, and I like that he asks people to take his ideas and to expand on them and make them better, and he generally seems to be interested in the outcome

Those wolf hoods are pretty cool, the actual Destiny figures will cost an arm an a leg now. I did see some knock offs on Ali express, but I've been a little leery to use that site though. Looks like most of these figures that these heads are from will costly to source out now.
MRT
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:09 am

Does anyone know if the Valaverse backpacks and tact vests work with classified? Classified's back pack holes seems weirdly high so I don't know if it'll look right...
pulpy fiction
Avengers Assemble

Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:00 am

MRT wrote:
Does anyone know if the Valaverse backpacks and tact vests work with classified? Classified's back pack holes seems weirdly high so I don't know if it'll look right...
I just took a flint and put the condor/steel brigade/rollout vest on it, and he's wearing the sgt slaughter backpack on top of this, and it looks fine. However i tested it on the commando snake eyes/beach head/firefly body as well and the vest didn't fit right, and the backpack does sit too high on it.
i'll check to see if it fits stalker if you want. It definitely won't fit the roadblock/gung ho body.
If it helps I also have a Valaverse Rollout wearing a V1 roadblock vest.
MRT
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:07 am

pulpy fiction wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:00 am
MRT wrote:
I just took a flint and put the condor/steel brigade/rollout vest on it, and he's wearing the sgt slaughter backpack on top of this, and it looks fine. However i tested it on the commando snake eyes/beach head/firefly body as well and the vest didn't fit right, and the backpack does sit too high on it.
i'll check to see if it fits stalker if you want. It definitely won't fit the roadblock/gung ho body.
If it helps I also have a Valaverse Rollout wearing a V1 roadblock vest.
Oh ok... Thanks man!
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:49 am

Hasbro now includes free Customizable Flight Sleds in their plastic free packaging now.

Just takes a little imagination and markers and various accessories you have lying around.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:57 pm

Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:04 pm

The 1:10 SX Supercross Bikes Scale well with larger Joes Like Roadblock and look alright with smaller ones like Snake Eyes:
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:47 pm

I got my first (and likely only) B.A.T. the other day, so I just HAD to get a clear chest replacement piece. I went with Nonnef Productions.

It's freaking fantastic. I have no idea what Hasbro was thinking when they cast those parts in black. It NEEDS to be in clear to really complete that vintage look. If you don't have a clear cover, your BAT is incomplete!!
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:45 pm

os189 wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:47 pm
It's freaking fantastic. I have no idea what Hasbro was thinking when they cast those parts in black. It NEEDS to be in clear to really complete that vintage look. If you don't have a clear cover, your BAT is incomplete!!
I think they wanted a bit of realism. Why go through the trouble of creating an android with its guts exposed?

I know classic GI Joe has armored vehicles with glass canopies but I've always prefered when the line at least tries to implement practical ideas.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”

Recent Topics