Playmates: TMNT Original Vintage Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Playmates: TMNT Original Vintage Series

Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:13 pm

The stickiness can be an issue where one figure ruins the whole bunch. And it could be a non TMNT figure too. I have around 20 or so vintage figures I saved from my youth. Most are from 88-89, but I saved the movie star turtles as well and for some reason mutating Rocksteady. None of them are sticky, even the rubbery movie star figures, and I would say they haven't been stored all that well either as they're in an old, mini, vinyl suitcase I used as a kid to shuttle my toys from place to place.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:54 pm

Both the aforementioned sticky vintage Wingnut & Ray Fillet I got off eBay on sealed cards. So I'm the first person to touch them since the factory back in the late '80s, and I don't touch even my oldest dustiest figures without first washing my hands.

Still sticky as f***. ESPECIALLY Ray's back.
mikeysee
Avengers Assemble

Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:31 pm

Sealed or loose won't matter if it wasn't stored with a little care. But yeah, Ray's back is definitely going to be more prone to getting gross than most.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:46 pm

Lemme go back in time & tell my childhood self & the eBay seller to make sure to store them properly. :P

Just gimme modern-produced rereleases with the vintage card art like they have been.
textual
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:22 am

That's why it's all the more frustrating Playmates does not care enough about their own legacy to do these right and faithfully. Super 7 seems to have more love of the vintage line than the manufacturer that made them. I think Bebop in particular gets worse every time they do another production run on him, it goes beyond just incompetence, it's like they're just being trolls.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:54 pm

Just scored Shredder, Krang, Foot Soldier, Rocksteady, Bebop, Leatherhead, Storage Shell Leo and Mike at WALMART. Left behind one Foot Soldier, then stopped by a second Walmart and spotted Shredder, Leatherhead, Leo and Mike again.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:59 pm

Aw man, I can't edit my first post to edit the title to include "& Rereleases." Lame. :|
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:11 pm

So there is a foot soldier out there too? How'd they turn out? I might get one or two if they're not as awful as the Rocksteady and Bebop.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:38 pm

I found all the Battle Shell Turtles at Wal-Mart today too. They had x2 Leo, x2 Mikey, x1 Donatello, and x1 Raph.

I picked up one of each.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:25 pm

Running them through the dishwasher (on the top rack) can alleviate a lot the tackiness depending on the plastic. Don't freak out. It will not ruin your toys. I have done it a lot.
burnside986
Faster than a speeding bullet

Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:29 pm

NORM wrote:
Just scored Shredder, Krang, Foot Soldier, Rocksteady, Bebop, Leatherhead, Storage Shell Leo and Mike at WALMART. Left behind one Foot Soldier, then stopped by a second Walmart and spotted Shredder, Leatherhead, Leo and Mike again.
I thought these were Target exclusive?
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:54 pm

Thanks for the tip, Veebs. Just the same detergent as used with dishes?

And I want the retro rereleases to be easy to find. No store exclusives is a GOOD thing.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:20 pm

burnside986 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:29 pm
NORM wrote:
I thought these were Target exclusive?
It seems like the Battle Shell Turtles, The Bad Guys like Shredder, leatherhead, etc., and the Giant Sized 12" Turtles will be at both Wal-Mart and Target. Which is nice. The only thing I KNOW is exclusive is the Giant Size 12" Michelangelo, which is a Wal-Mart Exclusive.
felgekarp
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:46 am

I’ve been picking up the odd vintage figure here and there, the cyber samurai shredder and the mutating foot soldier are the most recent 2 I’ve got, but these were not figures I was interested in first time around, I think the recent resurgance by other companies has got me interested in some of them.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:04 am

Super Camel wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:38 pm
I found all the Battle Shell Turtles at Wal-Mart today too. They had x2 Leo, x2 Mikey, x1 Donatello, and x1 Raph.

I picked up one of each.
I really hope Don and Raph aren’t one per case. That’s gonna make me furious if I can’t find them easily.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”