NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
BDCdiesel
Dremel Samurai
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:16 pm

I want to apologize crew. I said I saw Anthrax/Scumbug at Target recently. I was wrong, it was Wingnut/Screwloose
Merso
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:54 pm

SYNNER wrote:I know that I said I would do this before, but I got sidetracked.

This is the billboard that I was talking about a few pages back.

I cut out the background from a Lilo and Stitch figure packaging to be a placeholder for now.

It's a good size for the display, but the best part is the dramatic lighting really helps make the display look cool.
Looks awesome, great for dioramas

Sent from my G3112 using Tapatalk

BDCdiesel
Dremel Samurai

Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:59 pm

I think you should put some kind of "I love New York" billboard, or something like that. Maybe a Channel 6 ad?
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:53 am

So whatever happened to NECA sending replacement crotch pieces (ones where the paint doesn't flake) for the NECA Rat King. I requested they add me to the list for replacements, sometime last year. Has there been any news on that?
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:10 pm

christianpyro wrote:So whatever happened to NECA sending replacement crotch pieces (ones where the paint doesn't flake) for the NECA Rat King. I requested they add me to the list for replacements, sometime last year. Has there been any news on that?
Wait. You could request new crotch pieces for Rat King?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:18 pm

Nebraska wrote:
christianpyro wrote:So whatever happened to NECA sending replacement crotch pieces (ones where the paint doesn't flake) for the NECA Rat King. I requested they add me to the list for replacements, sometime last year. Has there been any news on that?

Yes. On Twitter Randy said they were making extra replacement crotch pieces for Rat King when the remade him for online sales. You had to request a replacement and they would add you to a list.

Apparently Neca customer service and whomever answers the email address that Randy said to contact was not in on that decision, because it took several emails with me explaining and quoting their twitter account, but they said I was added to the list.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:28 pm

christianpyro wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:18 pm
Nebraska wrote:

Yes. On Twitter Randy said they were making extra replacement crotch pieces for Rat King when the remade him for online sales. You had to request a replacement and they would add you to a list.

Apparently Neca customer service and whomever answers the email address that Randy said to contact was not in on that decision, because it took several emails with me explaining and quoting their twitter account, but they said I was added to the list.
Possible to share with me what you had said? I want to get myself added too
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:34 pm

This was back in May. I emailed [email protected]. I sent the following, as well as my address and contact info:

"Can I be added to the list to receive a replacement crotch part for Rat King. Randy on Twitter mentioned that new replacement parts were being made for that figure and to request to be added to a list to receive it once it is ready. "

At fist they didn't understand the request and said they didn't have any replacements available. So I sent the following:. "According to Randy on twitter, the parts are not available yet, but they are compiling a list to send to folks once they are ready."

They said they submitted my information.

Honestly I don't know that anything will ever come of it, but I did just send them another email asking about it
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:48 pm

I never heard of this crotch replacement thing. I am guessing whoever said they added you to a list was just humoring you to get you to stop e-mailing.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:16 pm

I'm going to quote Misfit from way back in April because I remember him posting some info from Randy's Twitter. It seems like there should have been a whole new run and not just a diaper change or maybe plans changed since the initial tweet?
Misfit wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:47 pm
Randy confirmed on Twitter today that the re-order of Rat King should have a corrected "diaper" so anyone who ordered during April should receive a superior product for waiting. And for those bummed, he did say that owners of the current figure should be able to get a replacement once the re-order arrives. If you have a bad one now, it might not be a bad idea to send them a picture to see if they can put you on a list or something. Or they may just request you check back in the fall.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:02 pm

I think they'd have to send you a whole new figure... Unless it's like, they send you the lower half? The paint has changed on these new releases, so I don't know.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:05 pm

Just got Antrax and Scumbug in! They're pretty neat.

Antrax hands are SUPER tight, though, you kinda have to run it under hot water to be able to fit weapons in his hands. Scumbug, um, He has an accessory that is left hand only, but he also has a gun attached to his non-removable backpack that doesn't have a clear storage point and is on the left side. Weird.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:52 am

Mine also came in. The wrists on Antrax are a bit loose, but otherwise great figures
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:14 am

Detrimental_Fig wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:02 pm
I think they'd have to send you a whole new figure... Unless it's like, they send you the lower half? The paint has changed on these new releases, so I don't know.
Aren’t they just ball-hinged legs? I would think you could just pop the legs off and then slide the faulty piece off.

Regardless, sounds like Randy probably over promised on this one. He might not have much pull with customer service since he’s on the development side and was making an assumption that it was something that could be done. Or it was simply damage control following the Pixel Dan review where chunks of paint were falling off of the figure.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:02 am

citysushi wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:05 pm
Just got Antrax and Scumbug in! They're pretty neat.

Antrax hands are SUPER tight, though, you kinda have to run it under hot water to be able to fit weapons in his hands. Scumbug, um, He has an accessory that is left hand only, but he also has a gun attached to his non-removable backpack that doesn't have a clear storage point and is on the left side. Weird.
Don't have the figure yet but... why do you think that accessory is left hand only? Also, isn't the hose for the blaster removable? Think I saw the same peg on the other side of the backpack where you might be able to plug that in.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”

Recent Topics