Super7: TMNT Ultimates

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:02 pm

Another day, another massive discount on Super7 Ultimates at an online retailer. Today, it's Entertainment Earth so if you were looking for a Dorkside alternative, here you go:

And if you don't like Toy Bro, I think there are other influencer codes floating around such as Preternia. I'm personally tempted by Shredder since I never got that figure, but I literally only care about the figure because it's Shredder. I'm really not impressed by it as an action figure or as a design, but it's only 18 bucks...
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:03 pm

Do you think Super7's taking all these deep discounts into consideration at all, or is it water off their back since they already sold the stores the product and got their money?
mikeysee
Avengers Assemble

Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:08 pm

Dang, more discounts? Some of these are absolute steals. Also interesting to see that EE is charging the base $54.99 for Scumbug instead of the inflated price S7 direct is charging.
Handsome wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:22 pm
Yeah I hate FedEx and UPS. The post office actually does the best job in my area of getting my packages to me quickly. I hate that both BBTS and Hasbro Pulse use FedEx and don't give you any other options. If a site shipped USPS, even if it cost a little more, I'd start shopping there. My last POL from BBTS was supposed to arrive on a Friday, FedEx delivered it not the following Monday, but the Monday after that, so like 10 days late.
USPS is the worst for me. They're the only ones that mark stuff as undeliverable or any other designation they can dream up in order to just not do their job and deliver my package. I don't know how many times I've had to call repeatedly to get them to drop something off. It wouldn't bug me nearly as much if they were able to just mark something as "ran out of time in the day, will deliver tomorrow" or something. I get that sometimes they're overloaded and can't physically get everything out the door, especially during the holidays. But marking something as though it's my fault I couldn't get it, and moving the onus onto me to make sure I DO get it, sucks. I've had multiple ebay packages run into that problem where it looks to the seller like I've created some hurdle and it's my fault I didn't get the item. I don't need the extra hassle.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:18 pm

Boy it's a good thing we have ANOTHER Shredder on the way for $60, huh...
Robogeek28
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:34 pm

Misfit wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:02 pm
Another day, another massive discount on Super7 Ultimates at an online retailer. Today, it's Entertainment Earth so if you were looking for a Dorkside alternative, here you go:

And if you don't like Toy Bro, I think there are other influencer codes floating around such as Preternia. I'm personally tempted by Shredder since I never got that figure, but I literally only care about the figure because it's Shredder. I'm really not impressed by it as an action figure or as a design, but it's only 18 bucks...
Good god....

If I had the funds I'd grab Krang and Ace Duck, but I already bought four from them a week ago when they had the same sale that haven't shipped out yet, so I'm good for now.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:12 pm

Detrimental_Fig wrote:
Do you think Super7's taking all these deep discounts into consideration at all, or is it water off their back since they already sold the stores the product and got their money?
They have to be at least concerned by what they're seeing. All of these places dumping their product for a minimal profit means they ordered too much and I assume they've already started to see the effects of that on their more recent solicitations. There's no way EE, BBTS, etc. are ordering the current stuff in the same numbers as they did the first four waves, unless they like making 2 bucks a sale or whatever some of these are coming out to. The poor performance of that glow-in-the-dark Mutagen Man is likely the reason why the other glow variants that followed have all been Super7 exclusives, until they dump remaining stock off on a third party (like they did with Muckman). Plus, how could they not be worried about consumer behaviour changing as a result of all of these discounted products? The people who pay full price for Super7 Ultimates are starting to look like the real suckers now since patience clearly pays off with this line of products. Since so many of their open preorders still date back to 2021, they may just now be starting to feel the effects with their latest waves and seeing softer preorders than they're accustomed to. It would be fascinating to see what the order totals for each wave of TMNT Ultimates has looked like and what the trajectory currently is. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the newest wave has been the worst performer thus far.
mikeysee
Avengers Assemble

Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:27 pm

I preordered the entire wave 9 direct from Super7 because of their pricing error. Even still, I'm questioning whether I should keep it. It works out to about $45 per figure, and I don't really need the variant Donatello or Splinter, and even Zak would likely be a wait-for-a-sale figure. So yes, I'm getting a big discount on Wingnut and a decent one on Scumbug, but is it worth it when I'm also buying three figures I might not otherwise? ...Pretty sure I just talked myself into canceling. Hopefully they'll allow it, I canceled my two wave 8 figures last week.

It will be REALLY interesting to see what happens with the Party Wagon. Ponying up the $500 and waiting a year only to see the thing go on sale a month after release would really sting.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:29 pm

The van BETTER go UP in price, not down!
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:55 pm

Detrimental_Fig wrote:

This will hurt Super7 if it hasn't already. I'm guessing online retailers' orders are way down for the last couple waves now that they are having to be sold at what I would think is a loss. Demand just isn't there for the numbers Super7 has been (over)producing. Customers are going to balk at the $55, $65, and $75 prices having been conditioned to hold out for steep discounts. I do worry about the future of the line if demand drops too far.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:15 pm

mikeysee wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:27 pm
I preordered the entire wave 9 direct from Super7 because of their pricing error. Even still, I'm questioning whether I should keep it. It works out to about $45 per figure, and I don't really need the variant Donatello or Splinter, and even Zak would likely be a wait-for-a-sale figure. So yes, I'm getting a big discount on Wingnut and a decent one on Scumbug, but is it worth it when I'm also buying three figures I might not otherwise? ...Pretty sure I just talked myself into canceling. Hopefully they'll allow it, I canceled my two wave 8 figures last week.

It will be REALLY interesting to see what happens with the Party Wagon. Ponying up the $500 and waiting a year only to see the thing go on sale a month after release would really sting.
I didn't realize Super7 honored that pricing error, that's pretty cool.

I don't think we'll see huge discounts on the Party Wagon, or the Thunder Tank, because I doubt retailers went too crazy with their orders. I'm pulling numbers out of nothing, but I would think if BBTS took in 25 preorders for it then they would have only ordered another 5 or 10 at most which they will likely upcharge initially before even considering a clearance price. I think the only way we see the price come down is if too many people ordered them with the idea being to resell it at a profit, which might be a hard sell. Especially if the reaction to it is ultimately lukewarm or a simple "it's fine." And even if that comes true, it will likely be more like what we've seen out of the NECA Loot Crate figures where those hoping for a pay day were instead forced to settle for breaking even.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:53 pm

I've been thinking about of getting out of this line and selling most of my figures. But with the prices being so discounted now, I'd probably take a significant loss if I tried to sell them. So that's smart on Super7's part haha.
Robogeek28
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:20 am

Looks like I'll just wait on sales before picking Triceraton up.

Of course my hopes of Hothead and Shogun Shoate being made are pretty much shattered now, but we'll see what happens once the line course corrects I suppose.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:00 am

I really hope wave 10 just has all my big wants in it. :( Which includes the two you listed, Robogeek!
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:02 am

In fact, here's what they could do to finish the line for me in wave 10:

Rat King
Shogun Shoate
Hot Head
Undercover Don

And a 5th deluxe figure of Krang's android body
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:16 am

citysushi wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:02 am
In fact, here's what they could do to finish the line for me in wave 10:

Rat King
Shogun Shoate
Hot Head
Undercover Don

And a 5th deluxe figure of Krang's android body
After all the nonsense, I'm in for Punker Don and King Lionheart. I'd really love the rest of the music Turtles as well. Beyond that, I really don't even think I care anymore. This line feels like it's on the fast track to burning itself to the ground anyway, so I really don't expect them to even get more than four or so more waves out.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”