Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:30 pm

Pulled the trigger and picked up bengali. He looks really striking. I’m thinkin im in for the ljn wave cheetarah and lion-o. Im hoping we get a panthro w/o pins too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:03 pm

Bengali and Vultureman arrived today. Flawless paint jobs, incredible accessories, just wonderful figures. These were the toys I dreamed of having as a kid.

At this point, my ThunderCats display is all but finished. (I bought all the Cats including Jaga, both Mumm-Ras, and all four main Mutants). I just need Snarf and Snarfer to call it a day. I honestly wouldn't mind if they were packaged with Kit and Kat, as I'd like an updated Kat sleeve, and my space boards have a bit of wear on them from playing with them with my daughters when they were young.

I do hope the line goes on for quite a while, though, as I hope to pick some of the supporting characters up over time whenever I get a ThunderCat itch. Grune is already calling my name. I mean, he's technically a ThunderCat, right...?
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:38 am

Rex Mason wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:03 pm
I do hope the line goes on for quite a while, though, as I hope to pick some of the supporting characters up over time whenever I get a ThunderCat itch. Grune is already calling my name. I mean, he's technically a ThunderCat, right...?
Get him... do it... Super7 actually included the Thundercats version of Grune with the second head without the broken fang and a torso with Thundercats symbol - so definitely a Thundercat. I personally bought two Grune figures so I could display the young 'Cats version as well as the older villain version.
dogtownbrigade
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:22 pm

I havent gotten Grune either. Those hips are just too much of a dealbreaker for me. I occassionally search for youtube videos to see if anyone has done any DIY fixes for his hips but nothing so far. Its too bad cause I was really looking forward to him way back when Mattel showed the figure at Powercon so, naturally he was preordered since day one.
Got Vultureman a few days ago but havent opened yet. Im kind of savoring it lol since it'll probably be a while before i get anymore TC figures.
FlexionDynamo
CROM!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:26 pm

Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:07 pm

dogtownbrigade wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:22 pm
I havent gotten Grune either. Those hips are just too much of a dealbreaker for me. I occassionally search for youtube videos to see if anyone has done any DIY fixes for his hips but nothing so far. Its too bad cause I was really looking forward to him way back when Mattel showed the figure at Powercon so, naturally he was preordered since day one.
Got Vultureman a few days ago but havent opened yet. Im kind of savoring it lol since it'll probably be a while before i get anymore TC figures.
I feel the same way about Grune, those hips are a dealbreaker for me. Which is a shame, he looks pretty good and all Super7 had to do is give him slightly bigger trunks like the other figures (so that it covers up the hip joints).
Rider
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:41 pm

dogtownbrigade wrote: I havent gotten Grune either. Those hips are just too much of a dealbreaker for me. I occassionally search for youtube videos to see if anyone has done any DIY fixes for his hips but nothing so far. Its too bad cause I was really looking forward to him way back when Mattel showed the figure at Powercon so, naturally he was preordered since day one.
Way back then someone at He-Man.org fixed it using thigh sockets from a donor figure, you can try contacting the user for more info:

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/sh ... ost3983918

FlexionDynamo
CROM!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:19 pm

FlexionDynamo
CROM!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:35 pm

Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:42 am

Look who i got today. i think Bandai's version is good but the body type is totally off and its too tall. Lion-O has always been kinda like a He-man body (shorter and stockier) The only thing that bothers me from the Super7 version is the material, the plastic feels very rubbery.

Bandai - 8" inches
Super7 - 7" inches

Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:24 am

Question about Mum-raa: can those white straps be taken off?
And if i do buy him in the future, i will use a heat gun to make the helmet straps face downward instead of having them in the air, dont like that look. will also take off the white straps, looks kinda chaotic for my taste.
dogtownbrigade
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:54 pm

Night Wolf wrote:
Look who i got today. i think Bandai's version is good but the body type is totally off and its too tall. Lion-O has always been kinda like a He-man body (shorter and stockier) The only thing that bothers me from the Super7 version is the material, the plastic feels very rubbery.

Bandai - 8" inches
Super7 - 7" inches

Bandai also made a 6 inch version of classic lion-o. Its the same figure except a different expressive head and the plastic is more matte.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:52 pm

dogtownbrigade wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:54 pm
Night Wolf wrote:

Bandai - 8" inches
Super7 - 7" inches

Bandai also made a 6 inch version of classic lion-o. Its the same figure except a different expressive head and the plastic is more matte.
Yea, i know but they still kept the long and lean body type, just smaller height wise.
FlexionDynamo
CROM!

Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:04 pm

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:59 pm

Very happy, can't wait for more!

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”