Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
elvis8batman
CROM!

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:30 pm

So from pics of Cheetara with Pumyra, it’s even more apparent how out of scale Pumyra is. Do you think Super7 will have another crack at getting her right? Would people be prepared to buy her again if she was made shorter, and with more show accurate colours and put back the removable belt? I think if they just released a better version with the hands and second head but left out all the other accessories, and released her on a retro card not a box, that would keep the price down.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:37 pm

I mean, they have shown that they will be doing toy versions of characters, so probably. It might be a mash-up of parts to get the scale better.
elvis8batman
CROM!

Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:52 pm

VeeBee wrote:
I mean, they have shown that they will be doing toy versions of characters, so probably. It might be a mash-up of parts to get the scale better.
Yeah, but most reviewers have not challenged Super7 on the faults and have let Brian just say suck up the crap we’ve sold you. So I don’t know if they would ever try to correct mistakes and get this ship back on course. I love these characters and want the line to be great, but they need to put the effort in to make it so. And also make a taller Lion-o.
wetwithwaterwings
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:14 pm

elvis8batman wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:52 pm
VeeBee wrote:
Yeah, but most reviewers have not challenged Super7 on the faults and have let Brian just say suck up the crap we’ve sold you. So I don’t know if they would ever try to correct mistakes and get this ship back on course. I love these characters and want the line to be great, but they need to put the effort in to make it so. And also make a taller Lion-o.
I thought Toybro's Cheetara review was pretty even handed.
DIGITALSELF
Super Poseable

Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:46 am

I am so glad that they fixed the hips, I can't wait to get Cheetara... I must admit that I am still bitter though that they didn't deliver on their promise to fix lion-o at the start of line and instead just bought the Mattel molds. That was such a bait and switch. But, I will say thank you Super 7 for finally allowing us to finish the team.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:09 pm

I won’t be thanking Super7 for finishing the team until they get back out the kids with Snarf.

Hoping this pulling of Wave 6 is to reorder things a bit to get them back out ASAP, because as cool as it is to finally get Cheetara, I am now going to be constantly on edge with Super7 playing the waiting game on finishing the team.

Been burned too often of companies not finishing teams because they hold stuff back to “extend the life of the line”, then whoops, lost the license, can’t finish, guess we shouldn’t have been messing around with non-essentials.
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:56 am

I'm not nervous about the Kittens, but I am kind of anxious.

Like, I heard Brian say something in an interview recently about how they don't have access to the molds from the previous factory? If I remember right, it was maybe said in reference to they can't do a re-mold of Tygra's elbow pad arm because they don't have the mold anymore? Maybe?

Anyways, my point is that I wonder if they missed the window to using the ol' Thunder Kitten molds and will have to make them from scratch. I don't see that as a bad thing, their recent designs have been pretty good, but it means I can't even guess if we can expect a 2-pack or solo releases or hoverboards or anything else.
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:14 am

fletch137 wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:56 am
I'm not nervous about the Kittens, but I am kind of anxious.

Like, I heard Brian say something in an interview recently about how they don't have access to the molds from the previous factory? If I remember right, it was maybe said in reference to they can't do a re-mold of Tygra's elbow pad arm because they don't have the mold anymore? Maybe?

Anyways, my point is that I wonder if they missed the window to using the ol' Thunder Kitten molds and will have to make them from scratch. I don't see that as a bad thing, their recent designs have been pretty good, but it means I can't even guess if we can expect a 2-pack or solo releases or hoverboards or anything else.
I would imagine no matter what the situation is with the molds, we will get the kittens.

About the only things I can pretty much guarantee, with no knowledge whatsoever, is that they will be individually released (no 2 pack), and will have their hoverboards. With all the price/cost increases it would seem, to me, that Super7's business model is better suited to them being released individually. A 2 pack would be fine, but it would still be $55x2 so $110US.

The hoverboards have to be included as they were really a part of the kittens whole "thing." They were done with Mattel, and there is no way I can see them doing the kittens and not have their hoverboards. That is something that I would think would really piss off the fans. It may be that now they would have to cut back on other accessories to include with them, but the hoverboards HAVE to be included.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:47 am

Ugh, thank goodness I have the Mattel Thunderkittens. I don’t remember how much I paid for them but it was secondary market for sure, long after Mattel’s release. And not the GameStop clearance release. But I am pretty sure I didn’t pay the price of two S7 Ultimates figures. I def paid much less than that, and am very satisfied with the figures I have. I do not envy those who are waiting on S7 for these characters.
elvis8batman
CROM!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:31 pm

I wonder if Cheetaras buck is the size we will see future female characters on? Like Mandora and Willa. If anyone has both Cheetara and Pumyra, would you be able to see if the feet can be swapped over? If so, as cheetaras feet are flat and don’t have lift at the back like Pumyras feet, then maybe that would help bring Pumyra down a few millimetres in height. If so, might be worth getting casts done of cheetaras feet and painting them up for Pumyra, they’d be more on model too.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:24 pm

Holy crap, a Cheetara is in my POL. Sorry, I haven't been in this thread in a while. Sometimes it's best to order it and forget about it :D .
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:54 pm

Cheetara hit my PoL as well!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:56 pm

She is also listed as in-stock for those who did not pre-order.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:20 pm

Also have a Cheetara in a pile of loot!

And I feel like we could get more bang for our buck (especially those of us who already have the Mattel versions) if they do the Kittens separately, and include lightly-articulated slugs of smaller characters with them (as well as their hoverboards, and alternate heads & hands). Snarf, Berbils, etc.

Not only would a 2-pack be more passable by Mattel owners, it might also need to cut things like was mentioned to keep the pricepoint reasonable.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:50 pm

I too just got notice that Cheetara is in my PoL, but there's only one other thing in there, so I don't want to ship yet! It's the TMNT book about the vintage line. If Sam the Eagle and Rizzo Rat make it in, heck, if ANY single other preorder pops up in there, I'll ship.

Actually, maybe I'll order a second one, just in case there are issues.

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”