Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Tue May 24, 2022 2:52 pm

darkmoon766 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 12:20 am
At least it is symmetrical and the hips don't flare out ALL the way to the side.
Ignoring the misogynistic body-shaming, THAT ^ is why we're getting a crappy version of her.

The proto on BBTS is miles better than what we're getting, and there's really nothing wrong with the hips, but because of nitpickers whining to Super7, we had to wait longer, and they messed the entire thing up even further.

So thanks for that.

At least we know this is the complainers' fault, and not Super7's, as what they were going to give us was actually great.
FlexionDynamo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue May 24, 2022 3:13 pm

wut
Merso
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Tue May 24, 2022 4:19 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
darkmoon766 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 12:20 am
At least it is symmetrical and the hips don't flare out ALL the way to the side.
Ignoring the misogynistic body-shaming, THAT ^ is why we're getting a crappy version of her.

The proto on BBTS is miles better than what we're getting, and there's really nothing wrong with the hips, but because of nitpickers whining to Super7, we had to wait longer, and they messed the entire thing up even further.

So thanks for that.

At least we know this is the complainers' fault, and not Super7's, as what they were going to give us was actually great.
Nobody complained about the hips on the prototype shown in places like BBTS. the hips looked bad later, on the unpainted test shots

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 4:28 pm

Merso wrote:
Nobody complained about the hips on the prototype shown in places like BBTS. the hips looked bad later, on the unpainted test shots

I was unaware of that. I know we saw protos before the pretty pretty promotional pictures, and I didn't hear about the kerfuffle until after that, so I assumed it was that which set people off. You know what they say about "assume"... :lol:

Thank you for correcting me.

Merso wrote:

Hmmmm.....so....why did they have to change the entire torso & head to fix that? (Which still would not be a dealbreaker for me if the rest of the figure looked like BBTS' photos.)

Also also wik, MCU Quicksilver's hips are unevenly set, so he can be put into more dynamic running poses. Since she's a runner, could there have been an intentional reason for those hips looking like that, as opposed to being "poor QC."
Merso
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Tue May 24, 2022 4:39 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Merso wrote:

I was unaware of that. I know we saw protos before the pretty pretty promotional pictures, and I didn't hear about the kerfuffle until after that, so I assumed it was that which set people off. You know what they say about "assume"... Image

Thank you for correcting me.

Merso wrote:

Hmmmm.....so....why did they have to change the entire torso & head to fix that? (Which still would not be a dealbreaker for me if the rest of the figure looked like BBTS' photos.)

Also also wik, MCU Quicksilver's hips are unevenly set, so he can be put into more dynamic running poses. Since she's a runner, could there have been an intentional reason for those hips looking like that, as opposed to being "poor QC."
No problem. Thanks for the level headed, chill reply :)

Why Super7 ultinately rejected the final pieces is a bit of a mistery. As far as I know they never shared a photo showing what they looked like. Maybe the heads were a mess too?

EDIT: I mean, there's always a chance that the hips looking like that on the test shot were a feature and not a bug. But history suggests that's not the case, seeing how Teela and the Sorceress came out previously. Super7 has a history of struggling with hips on their female figures

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 4:43 pm

Merso wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 4:39 pm
No problem. Thanks for the level headed, chill reply :)

Why Super7 ultinately rejected the final pieces is a bit of a mistery. As far as I know they never shared a photo showing what they looked like. Maybe the heads were a mess too?
I will fight to the death when I've done enough research to know I'm right lol, but being wrong when I don't know everything & didn't look it up to research isn't the end of the world. More people definitely need to realize that. That's how we learn, folks!

Well, that's lame. To be a broken record, I want what's in BBTS' photos. :cry:
lovable-bill
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 24, 2022 6:15 pm

Got my Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living in from Amazon today, and it's easily the best figure in the line so far. They absolutely knocked it out of the park.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 9:53 pm

lovable-bill wrote:
Got my Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living in from Amazon today, and it's easily the best figure in the line so far. They absolutely knocked it out of the park.
It's definitely my favorite too. Mumm-Ra The Ever Living looks fantastic! And the figure is so big, and imposing. it makes me very excited about the Silverhawks Mon*Star.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 10:21 pm

Super Camel wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 9:53 pm
lovable-bill wrote:
It's definitely my favorite too. Mumm-Ra The Ever Living looks fantastic! And the figure is so big, and imposing. it makes me very excited about the Silverhawks Mon*Star.
I think both Mumm-Ra figures are excellent. The mummy version has improved upon colors and articulation, and the Ever-Living is just enormous. Love Ma-Mutt as well, as I always wanted him as a kid. Both Mumm-Ras look excellent next to each other in a display, especially with the cloth cape in use for the mummy version to match the style.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 1:14 am

Im sure this has been discussed but does anyone know if Bengali is on the same body as Tygra?

I saw Tygra at a toyshow and he looks really great. I guess the mattel reused bodies don’t do much for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 4:49 am

Sorry if this has already been said, but is there a difference between the two sets of gripping hands on Lion-O? They look identical to me.

Looking at the promo image, they only show one set
mechamajin
Runs Around in Tights

Wed May 25, 2022 2:08 pm

Handsome wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 4:49 am
Sorry if this has already been said, but is there a difference between the two sets of gripping hands on Lion-O? They look identical to me.

Looking at the promo image, they only show one set
If you look closely one has the short sword of omens sticking out of the back of it
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 3:05 pm

No I meant his actual hands

Is there a difference I'm not seeing?
Handsome_Ed
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed May 25, 2022 5:51 pm

Handsome wrote:No I meant his actual hands

One set of hands has vertical hinges and the other set has horizontal hinges.

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 6:03 pm

Handsome_Ed wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:51 pm
Handsome wrote:No I meant his actual hands

One set of hands has vertical hinges and the other set has horizontal hinges.

None of the hands pictured have vertical hinges.

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”