Hasbro Fortnite Figures....?

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
Kassle
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Hasbro Fortnite Figures....?

Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:48 pm

Valo487 wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:14 am
The packaging doesn’t please and sparkle over here either
However, your turn of phrase DOES please and sparkle. I love this framing LOL.
Q-Prime
Super Poseable

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:05 pm

Amazon Exclusive (Ugh...) Deluxe Jules and Ohm revealed:

Includes two small Wrenchers, a big Wrencher, welding mask, display stand adapter, and interchangeable wings for Ohm.
Valo487
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:08 pm

Why ugh? I’ve found Amazon exclusives to be remarkably easy to obtain compared to Walmart and Target. No disrespect intended, I’m just curious.

She looks great though, Jules is probably my favorite female skin so I’m happy to see her.
Q-Prime
Super Poseable

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:16 pm

Valo487 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:08 pm
Why ugh? I’ve found Amazon exclusives to be remarkably easy to obtain compared to Walmart and Target. No disrespect intended, I’m just curious.

She looks great though, Jules is probably my favorite female skin so I’m happy to see her.
Ugh, because in the UK obtaining them domestically is like a Russian Roulette or you order from Amazon US and pay out of your butt for shipping (and I can't even do that now because Amazon US doesn't deliver to Northern Ireland anymore).
Valo487
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:32 pm

Oh ok, that makes sense then, I didn’t realize you were outside the US. It’s bizarre international shipping is still such a mess, you’d think as global as everything is they’d make fixing that a priority.
Ultramane
CROM!

Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:44 pm

$40, no guns, and a stand adapter but no stand? yikes
Kassle
CROM!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:46 am

Jules is stunning. She's my main skin and this is just about everything I could've asked for in a figural form. I'm thrilled and Hasbro has fully sold me on the line as I will need to get her some companions as well!
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:43 am

Ultramane wrote:
This sums up my thoughts exactly. Also, not just $40 — $42. To put it into perspective:

This is $8 cheaper than McFarlanes Violator figure.

On par or more expensive than some of the 4H Cosmic Legions.

The amount of accessories here is pretty much on par with what we get with Jazwares already… just $22 more.

At most this should be $30 to account for the owl. That owl is certainly not $20 - $22 extra imo.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:09 am

Roufuss wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:43 am
Ultramane wrote:
This sums up my thoughts exactly. Also, not just $40 — $42. To put it into perspective:

This is $8 cheaper than McFarlanes Violator figure.

On par or more expensive than some of the 4H Cosmic Legions.

The amount of accessories here is pretty much on par with what we get with Jazwares already… just $22 more.

At most this should be $30 to account for the owl. That owl is certainly not $20 - $22 extra imo.
While a great looking figure, this price point confirms my fears about Hasbro taking over.
Preacherpool
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:41 am

I'm okay with the price for now. The paint apps are great and it doesn't look like they cut corners on the tattoos. My one complaint with the 4" figure was that it looked unfinished.

I definitely want to see Beach Jules and Summer Midas during the Hasbro run, so I can't really thumb my nose at paying more for character-essential details.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:57 pm

Is the packaging meant to reduce the amount of plastic used? Because I really really like that. It's a small change but meaningful. Although I'm sure it's probably going to stay localized to this line in most cases - younger consumer base who probably don't collect MOC stuff, plus have attachment to specific game skins. I'm sure there are a lot of non-players casually buying Fortnite figures due to coolness or customization, but most people getting Jules want a Jules.

Thinking about it, the packages remind me a bit of the ones for Snap Ships. Am I the only one buying those?
vicious7171
CROM!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:10 pm

Personally I dislike the lack of a plastic window. It's fine for online exclusives, but the regular line will just be open windows where anyone can easily touch or steal what's inside. We're buying plastic toys and acting like we're also saving the environment by having cardboard containers? It's just a touch hypocritical. A little thin plastic window glued into the cardboard is all I ask.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:23 pm

How is that hypocritical? Obviously the best choice is just not buying toys at all, but any reduction in plastic use is valuable. Cardboard's biodegradable and comes from renewable sources, plus a lot of the waste material used in its creation gets repurposed. Plastic makes up for some of its faults with a more efficient manufacturing process, but due to its sourcing has a CO2 footprint about 12 times that of cardboard, and its decomposition process has significant environmental hazards. Not to mention that most plastic recycling is too expensive and inefficient to really work to the extent it's been presented to us, so very little recyclable plastic actually gets reused.

If you're going to reduce plastic in toy manufacturing, packaging is a great place to look for immediate reductions. Its use in anything meant to be discarded stands out because it's not getting reused or disposed of safely, so by removing it from packaging you avoid end of life contamination. I'm not at all saying that's the only option, but it's the easiest first step manufacturers can take because it doesn't impact product quality (and bio-based or biocomposite plastics are probably a long way off from being in, like, Fortnite figures).
vicious7171
CROM!

Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:10 am

secondwhiteline wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:23 pm
How is that hypocritical? Obviously the best choice is just not buying toys at all, but any reduction in plastic use is valuable. Cardboard's biodegradable and comes from renewable sources, plus a lot of the waste material used in its creation gets repurposed. Plastic makes up for some of its faults with a more efficient manufacturing process, but due to its sourcing has a CO2 footprint about 12 times that of cardboard, and its decomposition process has significant environmental hazards. Not to mention that most plastic recycling is too expensive and inefficient to really work to the extent it's been presented to us, so very little recyclable plastic actually gets reused.

If you're going to reduce plastic in toy manufacturing, packaging is a great place to look for immediate reductions. Its use in anything meant to be discarded stands out because it's not getting reused or disposed of safely, so by removing it from packaging you avoid end of life contamination. I'm not at all saying that's the only option, but it's the easiest first step manufacturers can take because it doesn't impact product quality (and bio-based or biocomposite plastics are probably a long way off from being in, like, Fortnite figures).
You're right. In that way, it's better than nothing. I meant hypocritical in that, yeah, Hasbro makes a lot of toys. Do I want them to make cardboard toys instead? No, lol. The packaging makes more sense for sure. Thanks for all the information. I try to recycle as much as I can with these figures; they're already way ahead of certain other toy companies like MGAE, who sell dolls that come with a full garbage bag full of waste.
Valo487
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:03 am

Rippley and Midas Rex are up for pre-order on Amazon.

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”