McFarlane DC Multiverse The Batman movie wave

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
MCUCompletionist
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane DC Multiverse The Batman movie wave

Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:49 pm

I really dont wanna have to buy that but I fear its the closest we get to 1/12
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:57 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:52 pm
Alternate heads are a nice idea but I find myself never using them. Same goes with alternate hands. Depending on the character I never use this stuff. I pick my preferred setup and stick with it. With ML, I never use the unmasked Wolverine heads. I also never use the non claw hands. It just seems pointless.

There are rare exceptions....like Spidey. He's one character that I find myself swapping wall crawling hands, fist hands, web shooting hands. But even with him, the unmasked head never really makes an appearance.

In this line I picked up Thomas Wayne unmasked, Batfleck unmasked and Bloodsport unmasked. Thomas Wayne never gets displayed, Batfleck I'll probably sell....Bloodsport is probably the only one I'll use (and sadly his head is the worst).

I would like to see a move away from trigger finger hands when there's nothing to finger. Superman should come with fists and open hands. Batman fists and gripping hands. Everyone else....eh.....just give us better default hands that make sense for the character.

I'm happy they included a gripping hand in the Batcycle. If that's what it takes to get extra hands for a figure, that works for me.
I still feel like a generic 1:10 scale weapons pack is almost inevitable as a DC workaround. Probably exclusive to Todd’s store website. Still doesn’t make sense for certain characters to have trigger fingers.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:45 pm

MCUCompletionist wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:49 pm
I really dont wanna have to buy that but I fear its the closest we get to 1/12
I'd love to have it, but it doesn't look worth $500 to me. I'm going to save my money for Hot Toys inevitable Batman (and hopefully Riddler and Catwoman).
Mistake-Not
Super Poseable

Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:47 pm

Highly unlikely, but I hope Mattel makes a 1/12 scale version of that without the RC function, like they did with Batfleck's Batmobile.

Although, it's pretty much guaranteed Todd will make a 7" version of his own (right?).
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:05 pm

yeah i hope todd makes one, as much as i want mattel to make a cheaper non rc version, is not going to happen unless they had figures for it.
the JL one was made because they were making figures for the movie. so without figures, i think this is why mattel is doing their own haslab project with this batmobile, it's the only option.
OfficialJihad
HULK SMASH!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:52 pm

K_Steel wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:54 am

True. It depends on who's buying.

I assume the majority of us (especially for McFarlane figures) just place them behind the glass, on displays and leave them. Like statues.

Personally, I find it more convenient to select the variant of the figure that I like to display... instead of ending up with an alt-head that just ends up in a jar.

If I want a figure with unmasked and masked, I like the idea of getting both versions... so both can be displayed together.
I agree. I’m also too lazy to keep popping heads on & off, so I just buy duplicates of certain figures that come with alternate heads, anyway.
joshsquash729
CROM!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:16 pm

For $500, I'd expect that Batman to be removable and for those screens to actually work! :lol: It's a really cool display piece, but not worth that much. Even if it takes a little while, I fully expect some sort of in (or near) scale version down the road.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:25 pm

What's the rumored wave 2 figures? Drifter Bruce with Motorcycle? We know Penguin is one of them. What else?

It seems like if we were getting this Batmobile it would have shown up on the leaked lists.

I really am curious as to what Batmobile will be the first in the line. So far all the vehicle choices have not been expected. Starting out of the gate with the Bat-raptor (a vehicle featured in only a couple panels) then the Death Metal Bat-cycle which is very cool but I don't think was at the top of anyone's list. The WK Bat-cycle is one of best releases and it would have made more sense as an out of the gate release.

Now we have a fairly generic Bat-cycle coming as a tie into this movie...

There's the Batmobeast coming as well.

I really feel like whatever Batmobile is released, it wont be what's expected and it certainly wont be the 89 Batmobile...at least not anytime soon.
TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:29 pm

maverick10126 wrote:What's the rumored wave 2 figures? Drifter Bruce with Motorcycle? We know Penguin is one of them. What else?

It seems like if we were getting this Batmobile it would have shown up on the leaked lists.

I really am curious as to what Batmobile will be the first in the line. So far all the vehicle choices have not been expected. Starting out of the gate with the Bat-raptor (a vehicle featured in only a couple panels) then the Death Metal Bat-cycle which is very cool but I don't think was at the top of anyone's list. The WK Bat-cycle is one of best releases and it would have made more sense as an out of the gate release.

Now we have a fairly generic Bat-cycle coming as a tie into this movie...

There's the Batmobeast coming as well.

I really feel like whatever Batmobile is released, it wont be what's expected and it certainly wont be the 89 Batmobile...at least not anytime soon.
I think there was also an unmasked Selina with the drifter Bruce and Penguin, if I recall.

I'd love the '89 Batmobile, and with it being in The Flash next year I think that's our best chance to get it...but my gut tells me we'll get a Todd-designed car in the 7" scale before any of the other comic or movie versions.
OfficialJihad
HULK SMASH!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:38 pm

joshsquash729 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:16 pm
For $500, I'd expect that Batman to be removable and for those screens to actually work! :lol: It's a really cool display piece, but not worth that much. Even if it takes a little while, I fully expect some sort of in (or near) scale version down the road.
Wait, the figure isn’t removable?
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:49 pm

looking at the photos on the website, it looks to be a static figure not a fully articulated one as i thought it was.
OfficialJihad
HULK SMASH!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:04 pm

Then it’s pointless for me to buy it since I intended on using it with my McFarlane figures.
joshsquash729
CROM!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:09 pm

To be fair, I don't know for sure if it's not removable, but I think the figure is fixed in, which is how they get it to move in the video on the site. It's admittedly really cool, watching it move when the car turns, but I'm not sure if it would be able to do that if you were able to take it out. Then again, the cape seems to be cloth, which seems like a strange move to make if the figure isn't removable. I would just think they'd show a picture or two of the figure out of the car. I guess we'll have to wait until someone is crazy enough to spend the money and review it. But even if it is removable, would a McF figure fit inside? Didn't look to be quite that big, but maybe it's just an angle thing.
OfficialJihad
HULK SMASH!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:15 pm

joshsquash729 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:09 pm
To be fair, I don't know for sure if it's not removable, but I think the figure is fixed in, which is how they get it to move in the video on the site. It's admittedly really cool, watching it move when the car turns, but I'm not sure if it would be able to do that if you were able to take it out. Then again, the cape seems to be cloth, which seems like a strange move to make if the figure isn't removable. I would just think they'd show a picture or two of the figure out of the car. I guess we'll have to wait until someone is crazy enough to spend the money and review it. But even if it is removable, would a McF figure fit inside? Didn't look to be quite that big, but maybe it's just an angle thing.
Someone on the Mattel Creations’ Instagram page asked if it was removable & the page runner replied that it is. So we’re in luck!
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:18 am

TheRealSmallville wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:57 pm

As for the Batmobile, it reminds me very much of this version from the mid 90's, right around the time of Contagion:

this one has more bat elements, but the movie car is similar and is 100% comic inspired (even if some refuse to believe it). It's certainly not my preferred design for the Batmobile, but it's more Comic-inspired than the Tumbler was (which I did enjoy very much).

I'd love to see Todd tackle a whole fleet of Batmobile someday. I'm a sucker & would purchase every one.
This is my all time favorite Batmobile from the comics and so is the Contagion storyline. That's where comic Harley was first introduced from the animated series.
I would take any and all Batmobiles that McFarlane is willing to make. If I had to I would get a bigger apartment to accommodate all the Batmobiles, lol. They could even have my bedroom and I would sleep on the couch, lol.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”

Recent Topics