McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
TheMadcapLaughs
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:23 pm

I'm glad to see that they remolded Batgirl's feet without the fins in the new promo pics. I'm guessing the Initial shot we saw on Saturday was an earlier prototype. The raised triangles on the hips are still a bit annoying, but at least being black they sort of blend in.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:20 pm

I'm guessing these might go up for pre-order tomorrow. Hopefully they'll be available everywhere and not just Walmart and/or Target.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:22 pm

A rebirth era WW is more and more feeling like a giant hole in this line. We need a standard looking WW.

Batman (choose your poison)
Superman (honestly AC1000 is still a pretty good figure imo)
Flash
Hal and John GL's
Aquaman is coming
Martian Manhunter might fit the bill of "classic"

All the big names are getting checked off and in some cases like Batman and Superman we are onto redos. Yet with WW, we have mohawk, mohawk with a helmet, Death Metal and Todd's design.

What's everyone using to sub in for WW as a placeholder? Essentials? I keep looking at that figure but I'm not sold. I was almost thinking of using the Mattel Rebirth WW because if I remember she was pretty tall for the line.
Nik
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:29 pm

Mcfarlane DC Kingdom Come is my dream at this point. I want everyone. EVERYONE. Yes, even Von Bach and 666. But most especially the old JL and the New Breed. Get on it, Todd!
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:41 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
A rebirth era WW is more and more feeling like a giant hole in this line. We need a standard looking WW.

Flash
Hal and John GL's
Aquaman is coming

All the big names are getting checked off and in some cases like Batman and Superman we are onto redos. Yet with WW, we have mohawk, mohawk with a helmet, Death Metal and Todd's design.

What's everyone using to sub in for WW as a placeholder? Essentials? I keep looking at that figure but I'm not sold. I was almost thinking of using the Mattel Rebirth WW because if I remember she was pretty tall for the line.
Why not use the movie WW? She's wearing basically the same costume in the comics nowadays.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:49 pm

Not for nothing, but there’s a Wonder Woman day next month. 10/21/21. 80th anniversary and all that. And while the only WW leak we have so far is EW/Ice Station Zebra Wondy, I wouldn’t be shocked to see something like we saw Saturday. Not six figures, but something. Leaning towards “standard/traditional/iconic”.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:57 pm

I'm using her in my movie JL lineup...and I'd want a more generic looking head for a comic WW if I did end up using the movie WW.

I seriously doubt there will be a standard/traditional WW revealed next month. The leaks have been dead on and I have yet to see anything revealed that we didn't already know about based on leaks. I'd say the closest to a surprise was BoP Harley finally get released. Leaked lists come months before the official reveal/pre-order. If a WW was coming we should have heard about her beginning of summer.
TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble

McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:10 pm

maverick10126 wrote:A rebirth era WW is more and more feeling like a giant hole in this line. We need a standard looking WW.

Flash
Hal and John GL's
Aquaman is coming

I'm using the Beast Kingdom Justice League Wonder Woman (with the New 52 repaint, but the regular is awesome too!). She has a wonderful head sculpt, but it looks nothing like Gal Gadot (this one just has a pretty face) so she blends in just fine and is in scale with the McFarlane's. The other BK figures are too big, but JL WW is perfect.

I have the Essentials WW, but I don't like her. I don't like her proportions, her face, her limbs are loose, and she doesn't scale right (to me).
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:32 pm

Animated Cyborg snuck past the leaked lists too IIRC.

Clearly, I know nothing solid, but October has a lot going on. From the Dallas Toy Fair (no fans, no press), to NYCC, which as far as I know is still in person, to DC FanDome, to Wonder Woman Day. Several opportunities to show product other than DTF. And if a figure is exclusive to Todd’s store (at least initially), would it show up on the leaked retailer lists? Asking ‘cause I don’t know.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:34 pm

I'm not as concerned about building a"classic" Justice League, or really any teams. That's what I have DCUC and it's related lines for.
Now, buying some favorite characters, and caving to some sales, or just buying some "neat" figures; a McDC Justice League could be a by-product.
As for WW, so far I only have the helmet of fate LKOE. I got her to add some color to the shelf, and I liked the look. For a more "classic" in-scale version, what abut the DCC Earth 2 WW? I know I have that figure somewhere in storage.

Has Martian Manhunter ben confirmed? I don't recall seeing or hearing about it.

For reference so far I have:
-Batman Beyond (Target)
-Shriek
-Shriek (Unmasked)
-White Knight Batman (Red Version)
-Flashpoint Batman
-McFarlane Batman
-Red Hood (unmasked Gold Label)
-WK Azrael (Suit of Sorrows Gold Label)
-Flash (Injustice)
-Damien Robin
-Grodd (Injustice Silver)
-Batman Metal (Target Battle Damage)
-LKOE Wonder Woman (Helmet of Fate Target)
-Hellbat
-Death Metal Superman

and in various states of "on order" and "pre-order" but not yet in hand:
-Batman Beyond (standard version)
-Batwoman Beyond (Target)
-Blight (Target)
-Hellbat (Lunar New Year)
-John Stewart GL
-Bizzarro
-Hot Pursuit (Injustice Flash)
-McF Wonder Woman
-Etrigan
-White Knight Joker

and I'm eyeing:
-Injustice Dr. Fate
-Red Son Superman
-White Knight Batman vs Azrael 2-pack

also, I'm already using with my Bat-family the Capullo DCC Designer series Nightwing.
Mysticmanjrf1
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:34 pm

The Last Knight WW with a head swap is basically Rebirth WW, just missing the armor for her torso.
JD Stevens
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:37 am

If the third Joker is an exclusive, that would really be a bummer.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:28 am

maverick10126 wrote:
The Icons WW (from the JL multipack) was enormous for that line and she may fit in with Todd's stuff.

Movie WW and Rebirth WW have essentially the same look so I think your best bet is to fudge in Todd's WW 1984.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:30 am

JD Stevens wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:37 am
If the third Joker is an exclusive, that would really be a bummer.
JC on TNI was saying that he is not showing up on the Walmart or Target system so he thinks it may be an exclusive to some place other than them. To me that's good news. Walmart is the worst.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:46 am

Promo images are great and all but a little deceiving.
I'm not really that excited about what I see from those images. Batgirls boots being corrected, sure. That head for Batman is looking fairly small in the image for the packaged shot.
I'm pretty sure as others have pointed out many times and mostly for me as well, McFarlane figures usually look better once you have them in hand.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”