Indiana Jones 5 and the Quest for Merchandise

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Indiana Jones 5 and the Quest for Merchandise

Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:31 pm

I still just want just ONE really good Indy. I don't necessarily want Toht or Marian or anyone within this first wave necessarily. But I'd love to have a GOOD Indiana Jones figure. From what I'm seeing, there's room for improvement. I think this could see the same evolution as the 4" line, where the first figures they released were ok, but they got better with each wave. I don't know how long I'll hold out though. I did order Indy, but will wait for a discount on any of the rest, if I bother with them at all.
GrumpyMatt
CROM!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:53 pm

I'm in the same boat — ordered Indy but none of what they showed Saturday blew me away. Hate that the Star Wars team is handling but I guess it makes sense.

Hopefully a few series in, we'll see better things — especially with Sallah, who hopefully will be there when the Last Crusade series comes around.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:18 pm

I have been cutting back on my collecting. Buying must have characters and less side characters. So just Indy for me. But there are a few versions of Indy I would buy. And always the latest and greatest version of his iconic look.

I'm really hoping for a torn clothes look from the end of the Temple of Doom. I always loved the Indiana films, but we had that one on VHS, and I watched it so many times as a kid. If Short Round turns out well, I may get him too.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:25 pm

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:14 am
I think the issue is that someone in the Lucasfilm licensing dept. doesn't like double jointed figures. I seem to recall that that was what someone at Hasbro said.

Odd that they'd let SHF and others make figures with double-joints.

I'm just glad that Lucasfilm doesn't own any other properties I'd be interested in. Seeing this Indy has reignited my desire for a Ford Blade Runner figure.

NORM wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:31 pm
I still just want just ONE really good Indy. I don't necessarily want Toht or Marian or anyone within this first wave necessarily. But I'd love to have a GOOD Indiana Jones figure. From what I'm seeing, there's room for improvement. I think this could see the same evolution as the 4" line, where the first figures they released were ok, but they got better with each wave. I don't know how long I'll hold out though. I did order Indy, but will wait for a discount on any of the rest, if I bother with them at all.

I'm going to do the same. I'll wait three years for them to say, "Wait, this time we finally nailed it!" Maybe that figure will have double-joints. Or at least a head sculpt that looks like Harrison Ford.
thefamousnicknaro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:56 pm

I get some peoples disappointment with the articulation, but I’m actually glad it’s single joints. I hate how the Legends team does cost/shirt arms with the straight cuts across the bicep. Painless double knees would have been good though.
EICzerofour
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:52 pm

I want to make a few comments about this line.

I am really excited! I knew prior to going into this I would want Indy and Marian. I recently rewatched the movie and forgot how much I loved Sallah. So those three are musts. I was going to pass on Toht and Belloq, but with the Ark coming I can't resist this first wave.

Honestly, Marion looks the most meh to me, I do not think I like the facial expression she has. However, I am not too bothered by it. I still like her.

I did pre order Toht, Indiana, and the Kenner version of Indy. (All through BBTS). Honestly, if I see them in stores first (who am I kidding, I will) I will get an extra Indy figure, as he is a good one to get two of, and I doubt they will use this same iconic suit for each movie. There are so many great versions!

I saw someone mention it above, but I agree, I would love to get a Selfie Series of me with the Indiana Jones outfit and hat.

Temple of Doom is my favorutie Indy movie (from when I was a kid, might have to reassess with my current rewatch) so I am looking forward to getting Short Round. I will probably get two of him too, so I can use an Indy and Short Round to recreate the comic where they find Han Solo's skeleton in the Falcon with "Bigfoot" (aka Chewy) watching on. I always loved that comic.

I am happy with the single joints as it looks better. Double joins are good for Marvel Legends imo, but I actually like the single joints here. I do hope his hat comes off.

I might need a third Indy too... would be fun to recreate that first scene with him running form the boulder.
KingoftheNorth
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:02 pm

Yeah, a removable hat is a must, it’s incredible how much emotion and expression Harrison can get across based on the way the hat is positioned on his head. It’s such an important part of the character you lose if it’s not at all adjustable. To me, it looks pretty clear that this first figure at least does not have it. Here’s hoping we get another Indy that includes ir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlexionDynamo
CROM!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:36 pm

Need a few of those Tohts. Gonna make for great kit-bashes!
Xnbach
Super Poseable

Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:38 am

I bet you could kitbash Gung Ho into a semi-decent German aircraft mechanic. Just need a 1/12 wrench from somewhere
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:41 am

I was so excited waiting for this line to be revealed and I don’t know if it was missing out on Serpentor or the soft likenesses of the figures but I kinda lost the thrill on these so far.
I’m sure I’ll get them eventually but no need to rush at $25.99
Spocks_Goatee
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:28 am

Xnbach wrote:
I bet you could kitbash Gung Ho into a semi-decent German aircraft mechanic. Just need a 1/12 wrench from somewhere
"Cover Girl" and that ancient Speed Racer "Pops" figure.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:58 am

Spocks_Goatee wrote:
Xnbach wrote:
Lady Jaye and that ancient Speed Racer "Pops" figure.
You mean Cover Girl?
Spocks_Goatee
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:21 am

Slixta wrote:
Spocks_Goatee wrote:
Xnbach wrote:
You mean Cover Girl?
Oh I [email protected]#$ up, I put the wrench with my Lady Jaye cause she's dressed like a mechanic... :geek:
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:25 am

Spocks_Goatee wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:21 am
Slixta wrote:
Spocks_Goatee wrote:

You mean Cover Girl?
Oh I [email protected]#$ up, I put the wrench with my Lady Jaye cause she's dressed like a mechanic... :geek:
You must have got that wrench elsewhere then cuz Cover Girl's not out yet.

I wonder what you're using lol
Spocks_Goatee
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:47 am

Speed Racer Pops figure from the 90s came with a tool chest and pneumatic impact wrench. I have two just for the accessories. 8)

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”