Dungeons & Dragons: We want more, Hasbro!

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Corn Viper
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Dungeons & Dragons: We want more, Hasbro!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:25 am

Drizzt came with several cards of monsters, I thought it was Hasbro giving us a hint of what was to come.
KvHulk
Customized

Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:34 pm

D&D related, not Hasbro though...

https://brickset.com/article/82630/lego ... challenge!

LEGO Ideas announces Dungeons and Dragons challenge!

LEGO Ideas periodically hosts building contests around certain topics, yielding 21329 Fender Stratocaster and various promotional sets, among others.

The latest such challenge celebrates the fiftieth anniversary of Dungeons & Dragons and information about the contest follows:

Join us in celebrating 50 years of Dungeons & Dragons! To celebrate those 50 adventure filled years, we invite you to ignite your imagination and showcase your favourite aspects of the Dungeons & Dragons game using LEGO bricks, elements and pieces!

You could create your ultimate builds, based on your favourite storylines, monsters, characters, heroes and locations.

We’re talking:

Detailed Display Model of your Favourite Character or Monster;
Functional Display Models for Players / Dungeon Masters;
Ultimate Build with customisable elements; all rooted in the D&D World
A panel of judges (the “Judges”) consisting of members from the LEGO IDEAS team, and the Wizards of the Coast team, will choose designs from the pool of submissions for the Fan Vote.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:18 pm

Part of me sees that LEGO news and is like "man I've been building my own maps and minis for my home games my whole life, I don't need LEGO D&D"
But the other part of me is like "my favorite LEGO were always the medieval stuff, just be quiet and enjoy a LEGO owlebear if they make one you fool"

As for this line, I now need to try to remember where I stashed the monster cards that came with Drizzt, because if that was a hint of what they have planned, that'd be cool. Give us a displacer beast and owlbear and articulated mimic... (I've got so many undead from Mythic Legions I'm not super anxious to get those, but I know it'd be nice to see a cheaper, less difficult to obtain collection of fantasy monsters available).
EICzerofour
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:33 pm

I really do not buy legos at all, but if we get a Drizzt minifig, I will go in. I love to grab all the Drizzt merch I can get.
jonaskane
Avengers Assemble

Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:00 pm

I still have my Drizzt and Wulfgar Kre-Os from however long ago, so I'd at least take a look at the Lego stuff.
EICzerofour
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 pm

Minimates is doing a cartoon line too, they showed off all the kids at NYCC, as well as Venger, his Horse, Shadow Demon, Warduke and Dekkion (the one eyed skeleton warrior). This is a great selection of characters, and I really hope we might see characters like the three above in the Hasbro toy line.
psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:19 pm

EICzerofour wrote:Minimates is doing a cartoon line too, they showed off all the kids at NYCC, as well as Venger, his Horse, Shadow Demon, Warduke and Dekkion (the one eyed skeleton warrior). This is a great selection of characters, and I really hope we might see characters like the three above in the Hasbro toy line.
Great news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:21 pm

https://www.target.com/p/dungeons-38-dr ... A-86524789

On the Target website they have a video from the team behind the figures. My friend just told me about this.
It’s a slide from the product pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EICzerofour
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:16 am

Just finished watching the series on youtube, I have a list of figures I would like to see.

Warduke
Kelek
Strongheart
Dekkion
Shadow Demon
Karena
Generic Bullywog (I would army build these.)
The Nightwalker would be cool, but he is a large character.
Cloud Bears (the ewok guys from The Traitor episode)
The Darkling
Tiamat (maybe haslab? or just like a playset in stores, like the good old days?)

I'm just so in love with this show. Do I honestly think they will make every single side / one off character, including the Ewok rip offs? They obviously will do them all. /s But really, i'd love some of these. If nothing else though, please give us a third wave or some exclusives, with at least Warduke.
fletch137
Avengers Assemble

Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:33 am

If wave 2 takes care of the rest of the kids, the only thing ends I would want from this line is a nightmare, a Venger that can ride it, and a Shadow Demon.

However, I could *easily* be talked into backing a Tiamat HasLab.
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:04 am

I think the smart way to do a Haslab Tiamat is to make it a realistic dragon to appeal broadly to all D&D/fantasy fans and then have a stretch tier for interchangeable cartoon style heads.

I'm not entirely certain about doing Nightmare. They're making Venger 8 inches tall. On horseback, he'd easily be 14 inches talk and his horse would be bigger than he is. You're probably looking at a $100 figure set if Venger and Game Master are $50.

I'd like to see Shadow Demon. And Kareena. And Warduke.

But my hunch is that with the Golden Archive line launching around March that the cartoon is two waves and done. At best, we'll get the other three kids and one deluxe figure.

That said, The Golden Archive is supposedly going to draw from the new movie and the games. That opens up the prospect of a game art Warduke.I figure that monsters and Companions of the Hall would factor large into non-movie figures.
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:06 am

Also: I wonder if Hasbro's reluctance to do Marvel Legends Mephisto at retail means that they wouldn't do Shadow DEMON.
EICzerofour
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:45 pm

I am sure Hasbro knows Warduke will sell, so it would be cool to get him cartoon nd realistic from Hasbro. Even one that looks like the old toy. Maybe the next cartoon line can be the three kids, and Warduke / Strongheart 2 pack exclusive? I'd buy 2 or 3 of those.
psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:51 pm

https://www.ign.com/articles/new-dungeo ... Y7VfEHDMxI

More DD news… video game in development.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:04 pm

Man, I keep going back to these figures and being tempted. I loved the cartoon so much. The one, single thing keeping me from buying in to this line is Venger's teeny tiny pin-head. I can't abide it or support it. I know being packaged with Dungeon Master who's head is oversized isn't helping - but I feel like this is SO close but misses. No Venger means I'm less enthusiastic about having the squad... I may still crumble and cave and buy them when I see them at retail. But I sure wish Venger looked a little better.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”