Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Child_of_the_90's
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:32 am

It's weird that they are calling it Cosmic Fury and keeping the Dino theme even though they are making all new suits.

I expect the main villain will be Zedd. They might even bring back Rita. With a non-sentai based season, and the last one in this universe, literally anything can happen. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

yojoebro82
Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today

Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:54 pm

Ninjetti red, yellow and pink (Kat) arrived from Target today and I'm very happy to complete this set. I think there is some decent value going on with all of these figures with three heads each (they could have easily gotten away with two......or even one!), alternate hands, and a swooshy effect. Likeness are decent and articulation is on point.

My Red ranger has paint issues: A spot on his chin that doesn't rub off, red from his headband bleeding into his ear on the unmasked head, and gold paint missing off his right gauntlet. I'm exchanging him for the first decent one I see in store (I expect to see a lot). Otherwise I am happy.

Season 3 of Power Rangers aired when I was smack in the middle of my high school years, and I have some fond memories from that time, from the show, and life in general. This is a great set for me, one of my highlights of figure collecting for the year. Glad to have it complete. Now to have them go up against some Tengas.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:55 pm

I ordered Yellow and Red off the Target app. With Redcard and my birthday discount I got 10% off and free shipping. They'll be here Wednesday probably, so I'll see what they look like. But I may have to shop for new paint versions and exchange the bad ones if it comes to it. I'll probably wait for a sale or clearance for Kat. I'm not sure I need her that bad.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

sephiroth61787
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:21 pm

Even though I knew about the reveals ahead of time, it was nice to see them. Especially Zoey and Izzy! A good presentation from the PR Team at Hasbro. They're getting better!
Child_of_the_90's wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:32 am
It's weird that they are calling it Cosmic Fury and keeping the Dino theme even though they are making all new suits.

I expect the main villain will be Zedd. They might even bring back Rita. With a non-sentai based season, and the last one in this universe, literally anything can happen. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
I'm still disappointed with the Cosmic Fury suits. I don't mind trying to be original, but they passed up possibly some of the greatest Sentai suits in favor of their designs.

For those not in the know, these are the new Cosmic Fury suits that Hasbro designed.

These are the suits they are not using (although they are using the zords from this season).

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:15 am

Those aren't bad. I get what they are going for. They could be better though. I think a little more design on the chest instead of plain color would've been nice.

JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:50 am

Awww man, they're skipping an orange Ranger? I would love for them to just release an orange MMPR design. My child heart always wanted that. :)
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:11 am

Nebraska wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:48 pm
I am way too excited for the Alien Rangers. I loved that arc.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I only want them if we're getting unmasked heads.
fletch137
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:03 am

I was pleasantly surprised to find that one of the most awesome sequences of the finale was original footage. Makes me optimistic they'll be able to pull off an entire series.

More to the point here, though, the new costumes look okay (assuming you-know-who isn't stuck with what we saw at the end of you-know-what,) but i won't be buying any of them and would continue to display them in their Dino Fury costumes. I'm also still hoping for some one-shot cameos of unadapted seasons just to open them up for LC. I'd love to get an Oushi Black, fer instance.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:39 pm

So I just nabbed Kat and Aiesha with good paint at Target. I got Kat because it was a hassle just to get to look at them, and the the paint was bad on all but one. So I got the ones with good paint. Her lips and eyes were all printed off center, it looked awful. Rocky and my other Aiesha are supposed to be on the porch so when I get home I'll see how they look. Hopefully Rocky is fine, I don't wanna have to hunt for him with the horrible time I had finding Kat.

So... here's the story with Kat. The app said they had 5, on the floor, in the proper isle. They also said they had 4 Aiesha. So I get to the store, there are 0 Kat and 2 Aiesha on the shelves. Apps wrong, that's fine, happens all the time. I asked someone to check their scanner to see if they did actually have her. So the scanner said they had 8, but in an isle that does not exist. So she went to look in the back for them. After waiting a half hour, she came back with nothing. But she sent me to another section where they may have been (the collectibles in the back by electronics). I figured it couldn't hurt, so I went and checked. Someone else back there asked me what I was looking for, so I told her the story of what happened. She checked her scanner thinking the other lady just didn't know what she was doing. Sure enough, said the same thing. 8 in an isle that doesn't exist. So she told me to wait and she would check the back. So I waited again, for another 15 minutes or so. And out she comes with 4 Kat. She told me they had 8, but only let her pull 4, so she pulled the 4 and brought them to me to check paints and was gonna put the other 3 on the shelf. And, as said above, out of those 4 only 1 had her paint on center. She has a few other issues, but those I can fix easy. So after all this, I said "**** it, I may as well, I went through all this, and only 1 has good paint." After the stories of bad paint and seeing the bad paint yourself, it makes you kinda wanna jump on it instead of playing roulette with the ones that hit clearance. *If* they go on clearance or sale before the expiration of the return window I'll just get another one and take it back with the old receipt. But at least I have her now. And I'm glad I didn't order Kat off the app, I feel like I would've been severely unhappy with what would've probably come in the mail.

*edit* **** you Hasbro. How hard is it to not screw up every figure? So these are the ones from the mail. I'll be in the market for another Rocky. Awesome. Kat was this bad, eyes too. I may just pull the lipstick off Rocky truth be told. The painted lips look bad anyway. At least the likeness is there.ImageImageImage
sephiroth61787
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:36 pm

JPC wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:50 am
Awww man, they're skipping an orange Ranger? I would love for them to just release an orange MMPR design. My child heart always wanted that. :)
They made Skull an MMPR-inspired fake Orange Ranger, That and Boom from SPD.

We've never had an official Orange Ranger though. Would've loved for it to happen here because he is AWESOME.
fletch137 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:03 am
I was pleasantly surprised to find that one of the most awesome sequences of the finale was original footage. Makes me optimistic they'll be able to pull off an entire series.

More to the point here, though, the new costumes look okay (assuming you-know-who isn't stuck with what we saw at the end of you-know-what,) but i won't be buying any of them and would continue to display them in their Dino Fury costumes. I'm also still hoping for some one-shot cameos of unadapted seasons just to open them up for LC. I'd love to get an Oushi Black, fer instance.
I will literally take a 5 second clip of them on screen just so we can get figures. That would be a consolation prize for not adapting them as the official suits.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:08 pm

Went to another Target today that said they had Rocky so I could replace mine. App says they have 3. I get there, none on the shelf, but they have like 2 cases of Kat. Smh. Mine has good paint so I didn't even look at them. Asked someone about Rocky, he was in the back. So they brought them out for me to look and all 3 had really good face paint, and really shitty diamond paint. I don't get the inconsistency. Oh and 0 Aiesha. So I grabbed the best of the Rocky and I'll just have to repaint some of the diamonds and the white sash. Still, I'm just baffled at how some can be spot on and others just completely terrible.

yojoebro82
Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today

Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:02 am

Trunks3540 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:08 pm
Went to another Target today that said they had Rocky so I could replace mine. App says they have 3. I get there, none on the shelf, but they have like 2 cases of Kat. Smh. Mine has good paint so I didn't even look at them. Asked someone about Rocky, he was in the back. So they brought them out for me to look and all 3 had really good face paint, and really shitty diamond paint. I don't get the inconsistency. Oh and 0 Aiesha. So I grabbed the best of the Rocky and I'll just have to repaint some of the diamonds and the white sash. Still, I'm just baffled at how some can be spot on and others just completely terrible.

I had to scavenge two different Rockys to find all the parts with satisfactory paint. Head, diamonds, white sash, and even gold trim on the gauntlets have all been susceptible to paint issues from the ones that I've seen. You almost have to buy two, assemble the best parts from them, and return the other. That's what I did. If you wait it out, I'm sure more Rockys will pop up.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:47 am

I had hopes that maybe the factory that did the original four would not be the factory making the last three. That was dumb.

Following-up on an old issue - Finster's spyglass. I think it's packaged separately in the tray as its own item by his head behind the cardboard and not around his neck. I haven't opened mine but that is my suspicion because mine also didn't have it but I see something there.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:40 pm

It was definitely packaged not on his neck. Its behind the cardboard piece on the box. That's where mine was.

I had to scavenge parts from 2 Tommys, 2 Rockys, 2 Billys, and 2 Aieshas. And I had look over 4 Kats and repaint the Adam I got in the mail. The only one that came out decent was Kim and I still had to touch up her white sash. With all of Bandai's flaws, at least they seemed to get the paint on right for their figures, at least the ones I got, for what paint they did anyway.

Boggsy1982
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:32 pm

I had been waiting for a decent deal, so today was apparently that day. Finally picked up Finster from Amazon for $20 shipped. Looking forward to getting him tomorrow!

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”